• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm spamming the Steelers SportsHoopla board I might as well get this off my chest. Watched the "pre-draft" red carpet stuff starting at 6 because I was so pumped to get this rolling.

What. The. Fuck.

Is this the National Football League Draft or the Metrosexual Football League Draft? Grown ass men dressing up in pastels and "showing ankle" while other grown ass men similarly dressed talked about how "fly" they looked. Isn't the NFL supposed to be homophobic? That was basically a gay pride parade.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. I can't watch that spectacle. 15 minutes between picks as they bullshit about this or that. ESPECIALLY when our team isn't picking until about 11 at night.
My phone pings when a pick comes in, and I consume at my own pace. Not theirs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. I can't watch that spectacle. 15 minutes between picks as they bullshit about this or that. ESPECIALLY when our team isn't picking until about 11 at night.
My phone pings when a pick comes in, and I consume at my own pace. Not theirs.
I'm sick with it man. It's like watching political maneuverings. The smoke screens, the surprises. The Penguins game gave me fits though. I was bouncing between both all evening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there is any way the Steelers take a QB before round 4 but what do I know?

Probably just as much as all these guys doing mock drafts.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.30 - T.J. Watt, OLB Wisconsin
6'4" 252lbs

Combine Grade: 5.88
40 time: 4.6-4.7 (12th)
Bench: 21 reps (t-8th)
Vert Jump: 37" (t-2nd)
Broad Jump: 128" (t-1st w/ Peppers)
3-cone Drill: 6.79s (2nd)
20-yd Shuttle: 4.13s (t-1st)
60-yd Shuttle: 11.2s (1st)

My analysis: Well I think those of us that were preparing for a shocker can collectively breathe a sigh of relief. For now I really like the pick, but I think after I do some digging I will begin to love it. I wasn't aware that this kid had only played OLB for 1 year. But its tantalizing seeing as how he produced 11.5 sacks, 15.5 TFL, & 6 PD's in just 1 year. At first glance he looks like he has a relentless motor. Something I think can easily be compared to his brother, JJ. I'm a little surprised the Steelers passed on Reuben Foster, but I think ultimately character won out. We've all said at one time or another that we miss the days of Cowher drafting true blue-collar, hard-working, consummate professionals. Well this is that type of player. Scouts & coaches rave about his tireless work ethic. Combine that with what appears to be an insanely high amount of potential, I can easily see why the Steelers made this decision. It will take time for him to groom, but here at Pittsburgh he will have a chance to learn from one of the best to ever do it in the black & gold, James Harrison. Most of us already knew that they wouldn't have had a realistic shot at drafting a plug & play type defender. Shockingly they arguably did have that shot with Foster being available, but that decision would have carried a lot of risk with it.

2nd Rd: Can't say that I was shocked to see Jerrad Davis jump into the 1st. But now that he's gone I'd like to think the Steelers have set their eyes on Zach Cunningham, ILB from Vanderbilt. But its a farcry to think he will fall to the Steelers. They would likely have to trade up to nab him. So with that in mind, I'm fairly confident that the Steelers will draft a DB. The pool is still very deep at multiple positions in the secondary. King, Awuzie, White, Baker, Sanders-Williams, Wilson, Maye, Jones, etc etc.

All I can think is how dominating these linebackers could be with Depree, Shazier, Chickillo, and Watt.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick with it man. It's like watching political maneuverings. The smoke screens, the surprises. The Penguins game gave me fits though. I was bouncing between both all evening.
But they won which is all that matters!!!

Let's Go Pens!!!!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDGE

Watt has the 4th highest SPARQ score for edge players. The only player drafted with a higher score was Garrett. Interesting. Speaks to potential that I missed watching him. Appears he has a much higher ceiling than I was giving him credit for.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good safeties available coming up.

Marcus Williams
Budda Baker
Marcus Maye
Obi Melifonwu

Or a WR like JuJu
I really like Baker, but he'll probably be the first safety taken in the 2nd round.

And I'm not sure they have WR in their draft plans anymore now that Marty B is reinstated. I know the future of the position is shaky, but the position is simply overstocked at the moment. But I could be wrong!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can think is how dominating these linebackers could be with Depree, Shazier, Chickillo, and Watt.
You think Chick or Watt can move inside? I haven't seen enough of Chick in coverage to support that move yet, but its an interesting idea.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Baker, but he'll probably be the first safety taken in the 2nd round.

And I'm not sure they have WR in their draft plans anymore now that Marty B is reinstated. I know the future of the position is shaky, but the position is simply overstocked at the moment. But I could be wrong!
Yeah... Brown, Bryant, Rodgers, Hunter are a solid top four and there is some depth behind it with some young guys.