• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Division Prediction Thread

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ODB is an immature punk, no argument, but every indication you get from the Giants is that he is loved by his teammates........TO was on another level of distraction, he's a guy that seemed to be in his own QB's face every game on the sidelines, that was just bad......He was the most important player by a mile on a playoff team last season....If the Giants dont win the division, it will be because Eli will suck and/or the Oline and running game has a bad season....Cant buy it will be because Beckham is a distraction
I never said they are going to suck. And of course I could have listed other reasons they won't win the division but OBJ has been a distraction the last two season and he's giving every reason to think that hasn't changed.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they are going to suck. And of course I could have listed other reasons they won't win the division but OBJ has been a distraction the last two season and he's giving every reason to think that hasn't changed.

Eh, i just never buy the distraction thing, especially when he is without a doubt the teams' MVP....The Oline is still a question, can the Paul Perkins/Wayne Gallman/Shane Vareen combo represent enough of a threat in the running game? With one of the best receiving corps in the league, can Eli play at a high level?

I think they could potentially have the best defense in football, especially when I look around and dont see many great defenses in the league, I think Marshall could be a TD machine, and Shepard as a True #3 WR, and not a #2, could be a pain in the ass for defenses, but they have some questions, but lots of potential

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, i just never buy the distraction thing, especially when he is without a doubt the teams' MVP....The Oline is still a question, can the Paul Perkins/Wayne Gallman/Shane Vareen combo represent enough of a threat in the running game? With one of the best receiving corps in the league, can Eli play at a high level?

I think they could potentially have the best defense in football, especially when I look around and dont see many great defenses in the league, I think Marshall could be a TD machine, and Shepard as a True #3 WR, and not a #2, could be a pain in the ass for defenses, but they have some questions, but lots of potential
Yeah I am probably using the wrong word. The distraction is within him. As he gets easily distracted due to his emotions and disappears for a fraction of the season or game.

I love the Marshall signing. If he can stay healthy he will likely catch 8-10 TDs.

Rams still have a better D but that doesn't really matter.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am probably using the wrong word. The distraction is within him. As he gets easily distracted due to his emotions and disappears for a fraction of the season or game.

I love the Marshall signing. If he can stay healthy he will likely catch 8-10 TDs.

Rams still have a better D but that doesn't really matter.

Ive hated the Goff draft since Day One.....I agree on the defense, and sad to see what might happen to Gurleys' career if they dont do something at the QB position.......

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it. Not having Peterson back there is a huge difference. This is 2017 now.
Last season Peterson played 3 games, had 37 carries for 76 yards.
How in the fuck will Minny get by without that production?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't really buy into 'distractions' unless its something real like having to move (Rams last year), major events happening in your family, having to play in London or on Thursday Night, etc.

Things like 'our best player wants to get paid and media attention' probably isnt a huge deal. Maybe something like Janoris Jenkins having a fight is a big deal and maybe Brandon Marshall being Brandon Marshall might be difficult but I find it hard to believe that stuff matters to veterans who line up during the game.

Speaking of Jenkins, did he underachieve on the Rams, improve in a 'new' system or did he overachieve last year?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't really buy into 'distractions' unless its something real like having to move (Rams last year), major events happening in your family, having to play in London or on Thursday Night, etc.

Things like 'our best player wants to get paid and media attention' probably isnt a huge deal. Maybe something like Janoris Jenkins having a fight is a big deal and maybe Brandon Marshall being Brandon Marshall might be difficult but I find it hard to believe that stuff matters to veterans who line up during the game.

Speaking of Jenkins, did he underachieve on the Rams, improve in a 'new' system or did he overachieve last year?

The funny thing about Jenkins is that he came in with the reputation as a feast or famine player (as you prob know), but was anything but last season......My half glass full assessment is that Spagnola does have a knack of scheming to a players strengths, and may have found a way to get the best out of Jenkins and that secondary, which overall is pretty nasty....he didnt jump many routes last season looking for the big play instead of playing smart football, so hopefully he doesnt fall back into bad habits

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be Cowboys versus Packers in the NFC Championship and Patriots versus Raiders in the AFC Championship.
The NFL would be in heaven. The ratings for those games, and any Super Bowl combo would be through the roof

Reactions: GNG

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL would be in heaven. The ratings for those games, and any Super Bowl combo would be through the roof

Could you imagine the hype for a Giants/Patriots SB, the one hurdle Brady hasnt crossed

Giants 7
Pats 3

Pats defense blamed for loss

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine the hype for a Giants/Patriots SB, the one hurdle Brady hasnt crossed

Giants 7
Pats 3

Pats defense takes blame for loss
Pats get an INT at midfield, Brady moves them 10 yards, Gostkowski nails a 57 yard FG to take the lead with 2 minutes left, Giants go down the field and score a TD.

Look, Brady got them into FG range and gave his team the lead with 2 minutes left. His defense just couldn't hold it!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats get an INT at midfield, Brady moves them 10 yards, Gostkowski nails a 57 yard FG to take the lead with 2 minutes left, Giants go down the field and score a TD.

Look, Brady got them into FG range and gave his team the lead with 2 minutes left. His defense just couldn't hold it!

Smaaat man