• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer showed all star stuff today. Fulmer should start the ASG... just saying. V mart turned corner? Miggy....hurt. But still on field for his team. That's heart. Brantley wouldn't do that

Dear Sir/Madame:
This letter is your official notice that we have confirmed you are a delirious disenchanted donksniffer (DDD) and we will no longer be responding to your comments. We appreciate your patience during this time of transition and wish you well in your future endeavors.

Yours Truly,
THE Peoples' Chicken LLC

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Kluber is really really good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen Slinky? I asked him to post the avatar he wanted me to use for the week, but haven't heard anything back.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I say???

JV's ERA against Cleveland last year was a mere 4.88, which included a 7.2 IP / 0 runs game on Sept. 27, after Cleveland had already clinched and was resting players.

Still, without the Indians effect last year, Verlander would have had an ERA of 2.75 and thus would have been the runaway Cy Young winner.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have used seven different starters. With the exception of Fulmer, all of them have ERAs over 5.00. (Verlander is actually a tick under at 4.96)

As disappointing as it has been seeing Zimmermann and Verlander struggle...the poor showing of the youngsters Daniel Norris and Matt Boyd are even worse for the club's future.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV's ERA against Cleveland last year was a mere 4.88, which included a 7.2 IP / 0 runs game on Sept. 27, after Cleveland had already clinched and was resting players.

Still, without the Indians effect last year, Verlander would have had an ERA of 2.75 and thus would have been the runaway Cy Young winner.
Now he should just run away

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen Slinky? I asked him to post the avatar he wanted me to use for the week, but haven't heard anything back.
Oh forgot to tell you, he is at the Rhode Island School of Design. They are creating something very "special" for you:nod:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always enjoy reading arguments based on the notion that if what happened didn't, things would be different.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always enjoy reading arguments based on the notion that if what happened didn't, things would be different.
Interesting supposition....

Like, if those damned outfielders weren't out there Shane Spencer would have hit 68 Hr's in 2003????

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some rumors that Tiger star, Justin Verlander, could possibly be traded in the next few weeks. It would be amiss to not seek out the opinion of Verlander's #1 fan on this issue. @dougplayer....what is you view of a possible trade of JV by your favorite team? Should they do it, in an attempt to get younger, save, money, and rebuild? Or is Verlander too big of an Icon to trade? If they DO trade him....how much of his contract does Detroit swallow and do they get much in return?
SportsHoopla awaits your opinion, doug!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My only point is that the Cleveland Indians have been a major thorn in JV's side. Not trying to cherry-pick beyond that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point is that the Cleveland Indians have been a major thorn in JV's side. Not trying to cherry-pick beyond that.

Yeah, the Indians own Verlander and he knows it. I heard he got a tattoo on his ass that reads "Property of Chief Wahoo."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some rumors that Tiger star, Justin Verlander, could possibly be traded in the next few weeks. It would be amiss to not seek out the opinion of Verlander's #1 fan on this issue. @dougplayer....what is you view of a possible trade of JV by your favorite team? Should they do it, in an attempt to get younger, save, money, and rebuild? Or is Verlander too big of an Icon to trade? If they DO trade him....how much of his contract does Detroit swallow and do they get much in return?
SportsHoopla awaits your opinion, doug!

I just don't see how trading Verlander now makes any sense. They're not going to save much money because they're going to have to eat a large amount of his contract, and given the way he's pitched this season, I don't see a team giving up a haul of minor leaguers for him either. He's going to have to put some good starts together to raise his stock, otherwise, I don't think it's worth the fan backlash to trade him at this point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well... he shouldn't have gotten tee'd off on by Cleveland then.

Do the other Cy Young candidates get to remove a few of their worst outings too? If so, I assume JV would not "run away" with it and they'd be right back where they started. lol.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how trading Verlander now makes any sense. They're not going to save much money because they're going to have to eat a large amount of his contract, and given the way he's pitched this season, I don't see a team giving up a haul of minor leaguers for him either. He's going to have to put some good starts together to raise his stock, otherwise, I don't think it's worth the fan backlash to trade him at this point.

Fan backlash? Who cares? Make your team better, and that will save you from the same "fan backlash" later.

When the White Sox traded Sale, everybody understood.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan backlash? Who cares? Make your team better, and that will save you from the same "fan backlash" later.

Teams tend to care. Fans, after all, are the ones that buy tickets. It's also not something I consider very often, but in a situation like the Verlander/Tiger deal, where trading likely won't make the team better, I think it's worth considering.

When the White Sox traded Sale, everybody understood.

1st) Sale wasn't the face of the White Sox and was regarded as a problem. Different story with Verlander and Tigers.

2nd) Sale was traded about two months after the Cubs won their first World Series in forfuckingever. lolz that you think anyone in Chicago outside of the White Sox front office even knew he was moved.

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, man. Bunch of stuff on my plate these days. tHoop often drops down the priority list.

Here you go. Relatively painless:

il_fullxfull_933512928_k59i.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams tend to care. Fans, after all, are the ones that buy tickets. It's also not something I consider very often, but in a situation like the Verlander/Tiger deal, where trading likely won't make the team better, I think it's worth considering.

1st) Sale wasn't the face of the White Sox and was regarded as a problem. Different story with Verlander and Tigers.

2nd) Sale was traded about two months after the Cubs won their first World Series in forfuckingever. lolz that you think anyone in Chicago outside of the White Sox front office even knew Sale was traded.

Sale wasn't the face of the White Sox and was regarded as a problem.

Say what?... and what? He was absolutely the face, what the hell? lol

The stories of him being a "problem" were vastly overstated. He cut up some uniforms one night. He was a firey guy, a hot head and may have wanted out. However, the fans loved him.

They also dealt Eaton, a big-time fan favorite. Shall we really go over the list of all of the popular players teams have dealt over the years?

lolz that you think anyone in Chicago outside of the White Sox front office even knew Sale was traded.

Oh, I get it... you're a troll... right? That's what this is? There's no way you can be serious... lol

Are you insinuating that White Sox fans weren't aware that the most talented pitcher, probably in the history of their organization was traded? LMAO. It was, the ABSOLUTE top story of that day in ALL of Chicago (much less for White Sox fans) and the days that followed. It was the top story in the baseball world that day.

I cannot think of worse reasoning for not trading a player. "The fans will be upset!"... Dude, who gives a shit? The fans who understand the game will understand, and that shit is irrelevant anyway. The Tigers are going into a LONG rebuild.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale wasn't the face of the White Sox and was regarded as a problem.

Say what?... and what? He was absolutely the face, what the hell? lol

The stories of him being a "problem" were vastly overstated. He cut up some uniforms one night. He was a firey guy, a hot head and may have wanted out. However, the fans loved him.

They also dealt Eaton, a big-time fan favorite. Shall we really go over the list of all of the popular players teams have dealt over the years?

lolz that you think anyone in Chicago outside of the White Sox front office even knew Sale was traded.

Oh, I get it... you're a troll... right? That's what this is? There's no way you can be serious... lol

Are you insinuating that White Sox fans weren't aware that the most talented pitcher, probably in the history of their organization was traded? LMAO. It was, the ABSOLUTE top story of that day in ALL of Chicago (much less for White Sox fans) and the days that followed. It was the top story in the baseball world that day.

I cannot think of worse reasoning for not trading a player. "The fans will be upset!"... Dude, who gives a shit? The fans who understand the game will understand, and that shit is irrelevant anyway. The Tigers are going into a LONG rebuild.

I'm insinuating that the White Sox, when the Cubs suck, have a few dozen fans. Right after a Cubs World Series, you can cut that number in half.