• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Stephen A going off on the "media" for bringing up the DiVincenzo tweet. Good for him. I don't often agree with Stephen A, but he has this one right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Stephen A going off on the "media" for bringing up the DiVincenzo tweet. Good for him. I don't often agree with Stephen A, but he has this one right.

Just heard a great statement by him. He said, "He was 14 years old. What about the grown adults that obviously knew about the tweet before the NC game and waited until he was the Most Outstanding Player in the championship game before saying anything?"

Feels weird agreeing with Stephen A. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Good for him.

He annoys the shit out of me.

But, I'm happy to see him being reasonable.

By the way....Anyone find it odd that they put Greenberg, Beadle and Jalen Rose in direct competition with First take?

That is a easy choice for me...lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a great statement by him. He said, "He was 14 years old. What about the grown adults that obviously knew about the tweet before the NC game and waited until he was the Most Outstanding Player in the championship game before saying anything?"

Very weird. But yeah, what 14 year old didn't say stupid shit? There's a reason most of my ass beatings came between 12-15.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were just waiting to shit on him.

Disgusting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were just waiting to shit on him.

Disgusting.

Yeah, if they had literally just discovered it after the game, it still would have been shitty to bring up something from 7 years ago when the kid was 14.

But the timing of it shows that they knew about it beforehand and waited until after the game to say anything, which is even worse.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and all he did was quote a lyric about basketball from a rap song.

Gmafb

Exactly. If it was his actual quote, bringing it up 7 years later would still be a crappy thing to do. But the fact that it was from a rap song about basketball just makes it sleazy as hell.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they had literally just discovered it after the game, it still would have been shitty to bring up something from 7 years ago when the kid was 14.

But the timing of it shows that they knew about it beforehand and waited until after the game to say anything, which is even worse.
How hollow must their lives be?

Biggest basketball moment in that kids life,so far, and they tried to turn it into something ugly.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If it was his actual quote, bringing it up 7 years later would still be a crappy thing to do. But the fact that it was from a rap song about basketball just makes it sleazy as hell.
Yup.

That's the other part that really makes me angry.

Initially, they reported it out of context.

Saying he used a racial slur a few years back vs. he quoted a lyric in a song named DERRICK ROSE that says he's ballin on these.....

Are two very different things.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him.

He annoys the shit out of me.

But, I'm happy to see him being reasonable.

By the way....Anyone find it odd that they put Greenberg, Beadle and Jalen Rose in direct competition with First take?

That is a easy choice for me...lol

I hate Greeny. Will never support anything else he does in his career.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very weird. But yeah, what 14 year old didn't say stupid shit? There's a reason most of my ass beatings came between 12-15.

Not to mention that it completely fails to consider context.

I don't know DiVicenzo at all, but I do know what it was like to be a white kid growing up in basketball culture. I would bet a high percentage of his friends were and are black. And he was may have even been comfortable enough with some that he used the N word freely in conversation.

This should not have been brought up, but now that it has hopefully kids out there will learn from it. Don't put anything on Twitter that you wouldn't say to your mother.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been covered but why the hell am I seeing articles/videos discussing whether Jay Wright should take the 76ers job? It’s like people just assumed the 76ers were tanking again this year. Then you head over to the standings and realize — oh shit, they’re going to win 50 games and may actually land the 3rd seed in the East (if they can somehow manage to beat Cleveland on Friday). This Brett Brown guy might actually be a good coach.

I know, I know. The simple response is “ESPN sucks,” but you’d still think they could some up with something better than Jay Wright to the 76ers.