• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bottom 3 record is pretty much impossible now, top 5 is still within reach if the Mavs finish strong and the Kings lose to the Suns and Grizz. Mediocre for Miles/Mikal/Mo!

You're gonna have to get lucky in the lottery or hope people are still scared off by Porter's back injury and he falls. That's your only hope now

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna have to get lucky in the lottery or hope people are still scared off by Porter's back injury and he falls. That's your only hope now
If the Kings don't get lucky and draft 6th, where they're at now, Porter is probably unlikely. I do like both Bridges, Mikal slightly more, so getting one of them isn't the worst thing but considering this was a lost season where the Kings could hopefully draft top 3 it'd be disappointing. Looking on the bright side, multiple rookies and 2nd year players have shown the willingness to take and ability to make big shots. Also the Fox/Bogdan/Buddy trio has done enough at least imo to make me think using the lottery pick for a guard isn't important and most of the top 10 will be frontcourt players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see the TWolves go deep in the playoffs even with Butler. Their starters have a lot of mileage this season, which is probably one of the reasons their defense isn't so hot.

Agreed.

And that is on Thibs because they have some solid bench guys in Crawford, Jones, Bjelica and Dieng. They aren't world beaters, but good enough to not run the starters into the ground.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Kings don't get lucky and draft 6th, where they're at now, Porter is probably unlikely. I do like both Bridges, Mikal slightly more, so getting one of them isn't the worst thing but considering this was a lost season where the Kings could hopefully draft top 3 it'd be disappointing. Looking on the bright side, multiple rookies and 2nd year players have shown the willingness to take and ability to make big shots. Also the Fox/Bogdan/Buddy trio has done enough at least imo to make me think using the lottery pick for a guard isn't important and most of the top 10 will be frontcourt players.

Porter has been falling to 6 or 7 on most of the recent mocks I have seen. You have a chance still. Him coming back and playing poorly helped the cause.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter has been falling to 6 or 7 on most of the recent mocks I have seen. You have a chance still. Him coming back and playing poorly helped the cause.
I'd expect Ayton and Doncic to go top 3, and Bagley/JJJ have a good chance to be in the top 5. The last spot would probably have to be Trae Young or Mo Bamba.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is terrible on defense when it comes to guarding the perimeter. Switching wouldn't help. The problem with Hassan is unlike other centers, he is big and slow. His p&r defense is terrible & he can't guard smaller guys

That is pretty much my point, just didn't word it well. When Whiteside's guy goes to the perimeter, have a perimeter guy switch to defend him.

You have to use your advantages to force the other team to adjust, especially against an undermanned team like the Nets. To let the lowly Nets dictate who you put on the floor is just embarrassing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd argue those late season games actually helped, and the actual stats will be forgotten. He's over his injury, which will allow him to do much better in pre-draft camps. Health is much more important than the first few complete games played at the college level happening in the tourney.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue those late season games actually helped, and the actual stats will be forgotten. He's over his injury, which will allow him to do much better in pre-draft camps. Health is much more important than the first few complete games played at the college level happening in the tourney.

I don't know. You would think that I would be the case.

But, I usually saw him around 5 before he actually played. The games shouldn't have hurt him because his upside is the same, but it seems that they have at least in the eyes of some.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA title game coming up pretty soon.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

And that is on Thibs because they have some solid bench guys in Crawford, Jones, Bjelica and Dieng. They aren't world beaters, but good enough to not run the starters into the ground.

That's been Thibs' trend since being a HC. He ran those Bulls players into the ground and guys like Rose and Noah never fully recovered. You can say to a lesser extent Deng as well.