• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's as bad as you think.

And no one thinks it's as bad as you are trying to portray they do.

Most say it was a bad loss, but not the end of the world and doesn't help to convince anyone that this off season will end differently for the Raptors.

Heck, I said earlier that the loss certainly doesn't mean that the Raptors can't pull things together and beat the Cavs in the playoffs.

@bksballer89 also said they're a different team. He just doesn't believe they are different enough to get past the Cavs.

The only reason it's even still a discussion is the hilarious lengths you are going to to defend it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the 79 points was a franchise-record tying it anyways so I don't know what you're trying to say they still gave up 65 which was horrible defense

I'm saying that all of those things (the 79 points, the bad defense, Lebron's 17 assists with 0 turnovers) are all anomalies and as such, can be dismissed to one extent or another.

All of those things got us to the point of the Raptors being in a 1 possession game vs. the Cavs late and they melted down in the last few minutes...costing them the game against the one team that is most likely to eliminate them from the playoffs.

In short, they showed no reason for anyone to think that the same thing won't happen to them if they face the Cavs in the playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some odd reason from time to time I actually miss wiggy. He would say some really off the wall stuff that would make me laugh. Don't really know that raptors4life fella though. But some of his comments are very homeristic.

Extremely. Wiggy wasn't overly horrible when it came to stuff in the general NBA landscape and stuff outside of that. When it related to the Cavs/Lakers/Heat, he was the equivalence of dealing with crabs......not like I'd know how that feels or anything.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point the Raptors played their worst defensive game of the season and a guy had to have a historic Night by getting 17 assist + 0 turnovers and the Raptors only lost by 3 on the road on a back-to-back
You see it as he " Had to have a historic night "....

I see it as he " could have gone for Fiddy points and 30 dimes " because your team is still incapable of getting over that mental hurdle that allows him to continue to own you.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come you keep forgetting that they blew a 15 point halftime and lead and completely melted down in the final minutes of a winnable game?

And you can stop with the "2nd game of a back to back" excuse. They didn't lose that game because they ran out of gas, they lost because they melted down in the final minutes.

you kidding? he was the 1st guy to run up in here to proclaim "we dropped 80 on 'em by halftime"(79, but who was counting)...:lol:

then this line of "not a big deal" stuff...?

like i said before, i totally respect anyone who's down for their team. but talk about accomplishments AFTER you've gained 'em...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. We're all homers to one degree or another and I get trying to find some kind of explanation besides your team choking against the team that has pretty well crushed them the last 2 years in the playoff.

But to try and pretend that the Raptors don't have a "Cavs problem" is to just ignore reality. Sometimes it happens where one team has an opponent that they just can't seem to get past.

Until they beat the Cavs in the playoffs or they get through the playoffs without facing them...it's hard to picture them getting out of the East.

Yep, the look on their faces was pure "here we go again."

Agreed. I had high hopes for my team after last season and thought we'd be a top 4 team in the East. But Miami's fighting amongst the bottom half of the playoff seeding right now and is no better than Toronto or Cleveland. Part of its injuries, other parts are inconsistencies with personnel performance. But I'm willing to accept the fact that if the Heat make it to the 2nd round, then they reached their ceiling for the year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again let me clarify for you what happened last night the Raptors lost by 3 points. They scored a hundred and twenty nine points on the the road on the second night of a back-to-back. It took the Cavaliers shooting 60% and LeBron James having a historic night for this to happen by getting 17 assists 0 turnovers

Even if Toronto wins the game it doesn’t mean much considering half the Cavs team was sidelined. They they let an undermaned team comeback and win when Toronto has been on fire and was that game. Not a good look for Toronto

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's also typical of this board that not one fan posted when the Raptors score 79 in the first half not one person posted a thing but when they lose the game everybody comes out of the woodwork saying they have no shot against Cleveland.

You just proved to me that you're not a basketball fan
Right, and you are.

Christ, there's homerism and there's dumbfuckery. You've crossed the plane.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see it as he " Had to have a historic night "....
I see it as he " could have gone for Fiddy points and 30 dimes " because your team is still incapable of getting over that mental hurdle that allows him to continue to own you.

I think a key thing is Raps have no one who can compete with Lebron on the D end. Last year, Tucker and Carroll (esp. Tucker) gave him some resistance.

The Cavs had bad body language in 2nd/3rd periods. (until they got within about 6) They still have issues.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like they melted down against Houston and snapped their 17 game win streak a week ago right

What does that have to do with them melting down against the Cavs?

If they can't figure out how to beat the Cavs in the playoffs, they won't have to worry about the Rockets.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can't figure out how to beat the Cavs in the playoffs, they won't have to worry about the Rockets.

those shooting percentages,especially from 3 point land, were pretty disgusting...

almost WARRIOResque...:heh:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The funny thing is they had a 19 pt lead at one point against Houston.

Houston tied the game with 2 minutes left lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a key thing is Raps have no one who can compete with Lebron on the D end. Last year, Tucker and Carroll (esp. Tucker) gave him some resistance.

The Cavs had bad body language in 2nd/3rd periods. (until they got within about 6) They still have issues.
Agree.

Ibaka.....Dude, is a powder keg.

He's big enough to check LeBron.

But, not able to keep the antics to a minimum and will lose the mental battle.

I honestly thought the Cavs would quit in the 3rd.

The fact that they didn't, is a good sign.

Hill has to produce if they have any chance of getting to the Finals.

Ditto for Smith, Hood, Korver.

It can't be LeBron and Love ONLY.

Anything they get from Thompson and Nance is a bonus.

I think Clarkson and Green are the wildcards.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red Herring defense.

Dude is dipping into the classics.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is they had a 19 pt lead at one point against Houston.

Houston tied the game with 2 minutes left lol

yeah, bottom line for me is i actually WANT to see the Raps,or anyone else for that matter, dump a huge, smelly one on LeClown and the Cavs...

but still gotta be real wit' it...