• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Dude needs to get over the hump to get by Wade.

Maybe even more than once.

But, beating this Warriors team might be worth 2 titles in some folks eyes because it was deemed Damn near impossible.

Seriously, has there ever been a guy in the NBA that was a bigger one way player?

Ceballos, Tracey Murray were pretty bad.

But, not as prolific.

Iverson, Earl Boykins, Lou Williams, Midget Isiah can use the vertically challenged defense.

Harden just says, fuck it...Yolo....lol
Yea totally agree about his prolific scoring abilities - when he's actually trying to create a shot vs. trying to get to the line. But again, that's what makes him so polarizing IMO.

I wonder though, is the one way player going to be the new trend? There's so much emphasis on offense & not enough guys that care about BOTH equally. I personally just find it hard to hand over accolades to one way players when there are guys that excel at being two way players - such as Klay.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea totally agree about his prolific scoring abilities - when he's actually trying to create a shot vs. trying to get to the line. But again, that's what makes him so polarizing IMO.

I wonder though, is the one way player going to be the new trend? There's so much emphasis on offense & not enough guys that care about BOTH equally. I personally just find it hard to hand over accolades to one way players when there are guys that excel at being two way players - such as Klay.

That's why I thought Kawhi was top 3 last year.

That's why some people think Paul George is a franchise player.

That's why Ben Simmons should be rookie of the year.

But, scoring is sexier.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I thought Kawhi was top 3 last year.

That's why some people think Paul George is a franchise player.

That's why Ben Simmons should be rookie of the year.

But, scoring is sexier.
and yes, a healthy Kawhi is another great example.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Dude needs to get over the hump to get by Wade.

Maybe even more than once.

But, beating this Warriors team might be worth 2 titles in some folks eyes because it was deemed Damn near impossible.

Seriously, has there ever been a guy in the NBA that was a bigger one way player?

Ceballos, Tracey Murray were pretty bad.

But, not as prolific.

Iverson, Earl Boykins, Lou Williams, Midget Isiah can use the vertically challenged defense.

Harden just says, fuck it...Yolo....lol

Michael Redd was pretty terrible as a defender. He was basically only offense for a guy who made an all-star team. Steve Nash was horrendous on defense. David Lee...lots of others come to mind.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Redd was pretty terrible as a defender. He was basically only offense for a guy who made an all-star team. Steve Nash was horrendous on defense. David Lee...lots of others come to mind.

You are right. Forgive my recency bias.

Steve Nash...

Yeah, I was embarrassed for him on many occasions.

But, this seemed uncalled for.

tumblr_n6cw6qT3BG1qzc69yo2_500.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I have been spending quality time on tankathon and was pretty surprised to see that every team, outside of Philly and Memphis, would take Ayton #1.

The Pistons would make him, even with Drummond. But, MEmphis wouldn't because of Gasol?

The Griz need to blow it up.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I have been spending quality time on tankathon and was pretty surprised to see that every team, outside of Philly and Memphis, would take Ayton #1.

The Pistons would make him, even with Drummond. But, MEmphis wouldn't because of Gasol?

The Griz need to blow it up.
Depends on how much they believe in Gasol, a Conley/Doncic/Gasol core would be solid. But I don't think they should trust him long term. And I don't think Ayton is a lock for #1 with everyone else, he's just the favorite.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk about Toronto putting up 80 at half against Cleveland.

They scored 19 in the 3rd and only up 1 going to the 4th....This is Cleveland without 2 of their important role players (Tristan did not make my list)