• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how I felt about that Heat loss to the Sixers before the break. I was disgusted
the wait between the break for another game was hard enough for me, so i can imagine. cat was just on another point. the intentional foul in a tied game under a minute knowing he was like, i got it on the other end, fuck.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really disappointed in the bucks right now. Should be way better with all that talent they have on the roster. Need a smart mind for a coach in the offseason

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks need to go after David Blatt, IMO. A team as talented as the Bucks should be more offensively dynamic and definitely better defensively. Blatt would have a fresh start with a greatly talented team that could run the floor and make things work. He also wouldn't be overshadowed by Lebron which helps.

I think they're probably past the Mark Jackson stage of coaching. They need a tactician and someone who can get them into a system and style that fits them to succeed. Fizdale could also be a guy here too.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Bucks are a good coach away from taking the next step and being a good team. A guy like Blatt or Fizdale would work definitely in Milwaukee.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Lebron pointing out his own statistical accomplishments again.

Hey Lebron, if you're good...you have to tell everyone your good. But if you're great...everyone tells you.

Guess that means you're just good. :noidea:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some NBA teams played '***** national anthem' at games

WASHINGTON (AP) - Several NBA teams have played what is known as the "***** national anthem" at games during Black History Month thanks in part to the urging of a retired Howard University professor.

Eugene Williams, a 76-year-old retiree in Clinton, Maryland, has made it his goal to get professional and collegiate teams to play "Lift Every Voice and Sing" during February. He has been calling and writing teams for the past six months.

The Washington Wizards became the fourth NBA team to play the song at a game, doing so during a timeout midway through the first quarter against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night. As the song played, a video was shown with on-court highlights and Wizards players engaging in community activities.

The Oklahoma City Thunder played it in January, Williams said. The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Warriors played "Lift Every Voice and Sing" in February.

Williams attended the Warriors-Wizards game on the last day of Black History Month to hear the song played.

"I had no idea it would amount to all of this," Williams said.

He plans to keep advocating for more NBA teams to play the song during Black History Month. He is also reaching out to universities to include the song during games, having already heard it at Georgetown University games.

"My mission will be completed if it's done in stadiums all over the United States of America," Williams said. "That is my hope. That is my prayer. It will make our players feel more positive about themselves and about the game ... it will uplift their spirits as it does mine."

James Weldon Johnson, an author, civil rights activist and educator, wrote the lyrics to "Lift Every Voice and Sing." His brother, J. Rosamond Johnson, an accomplished musician, wrote the music for the Stanton School celebration of Abraham Lincoln's birthday in 1900. A chorus of 500 black children sang the tune.

Within 20 years, it was known around the world. The song became an anthem for black Americans during the civil rights movement in the 1960s.

Williams said he grew up hearing that song, and he wants current athletes to get the same feeling.

"For me it was the fight song. When I was a kid we had to learn it, we had to sing it, we performed it at athletic events, at church events," said Williams, a Virginia native. "It has always stuck with me as something that gave me strength, gave me power, and I feel personally for those people who know it, that anthem does the same thing for them."

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Bucks are a good coach away from taking the next step and being a good team. A guy like Blatt or Fizdale would work definitely in Milwaukee.

Seriously though. They have 4 guys who have atleast scored 20 PPG atleast once in there career. To much offensive talent and length to not be utilized

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though. They have 4 guys who have atleast scored 20 PPG atleast once in there career. To much offensive talent and length to not be utilized

East playoffs should be fun. Just gotta avoid Cleveland. I feel Toronto & Boston can be had in round 1

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East playoffs should be fun. Just gotta avoid Cleveland. I feel Toronto & Boston can be had in round 1

I think they get 5 or 6 still but we will see. I feel like Milwaukee has just as much talent as Toronto or boston

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they get 5 or 6 still but we will see. I feel like Milwaukee has just as much talent as Toronto or boston

No one in the East has the Depth the raptors have

Best bench in the NBA
Best Home record
Best point differential in the East
Only team in the NBA in top 5 in offence and defence

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best bench in the NBA
Best Home record

I still don't know who is guarding Lebron. Powell ?

Last year, I think Tucker & Carroll matched up better with him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best bench in the NBA
Best Home record
They've never had a problem in the regular Season.

Take it from a fan of a Team that has underperformed HISTORICALLY.....

When things start to get close and it's late in the game, spinchters tend to clench up.

Raptor and Red Rox are in the same boat..

Until they do it in the Post Season, some of us see them as pretenders.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've never had a problem in the regular Season.

Take it from a fan of a Team that has underperformed HISTORICALLY.....

When things start to get close and it's late in the game, spinchters tend to clench up.

Raptor and Red Rox are in the same boat..

Until they do it in the Post Season, some of us see them as pretenders.

Fair enough. The Raptors have never been this deep.
They have also changed their style of play this year.
Many who say they wont do anything havent even watched them this year

And yes my account has now been activated