• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs giving the Ws all they can handle. Figured it was a trap game, no Curry/Dray/Swaggy/Zaza

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everyone outside of Kuz, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Nance have to go.

Even renouncing everyone and stretching Deng's current contract still won't be enough.

According to Pincus, the Lakers should extend Deng to soften his stretch cap hit as well as dumping Clarkson to get 2 full max deals, if LeBron is one of the players.

But, you'd have near room level money to try and keep Lopez, since you would retain his Bird rights for next Season as well. Maybe he stays if he can get a bigger deal next Summer?

You won't have Bird rights on KCP. So, I don't see him taking the 8m room exception.

Based on the NBA's 2018 salary-cap projection of $101 million, James will get up to $35.4 million, while Cousins and George can top out at $30.3 million.

The math doesn't actually work for the Lakers, who are looking at roughly $47.5 million in space once they renounce the rights to Julius Randle, Brook Lopez, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Corey Brewer and Andrew Bogut while waiving Ivica Zubac, Thomas Bryant and Tyler Ennis.

The answer is the league's stretch provision, which allows for players to be waived with their contracts paid out over twice the length of the remaining deal, plus one season.

With the $36.8 million owed to Deng over the next two, the Lakers can stretch him out to $7.4 million over five years, which would open $9.8 million in additional cap space in July.

That isn't quite enough to get to two max slots, putting the Lakers at about $57.3 million in space.

To Make Room for 2 Stars, Lakers Should Give Luol Deng an Extension, Seriously

Nice work here, dayum!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of us know what's in his mind but to me it's just as likely he sticks around to try to get to 6 rings
I mean, he's having one of the best years of his career.

I don't see him getting to 6.

I think he can get 1 more maaaaaaybe if he can finagle his way to Houston or the 76ers can add him and....shit, Chris Paul...lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4jKKY2t.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to bring in 2 stars with Ball, Ingram and Kuzma to have any chance to contend in the next 4 years. The top teams are way too good.
Obviously, if you can get a LeBron...you do it.

But, they have to jump thru several fire hoops, with gasoline draws on to get 2 Veteran Max players.

If they can steal a AAron Gordon, which is doubtful I know, that's a bit easier since his Max is what? 20-25 mil?

With the youth and depth on their roster, they'd be better off staying the course and going for George or Gordon with Deandre or Boogie.....

If Boogie wasn't a mental midget, of course...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, all I'm doing is bullshitting on a sports board. You shouldn't be so thin skinned. It's a little weird. We all get called out and teased on our weird stuff here. And I said the opposite, I said you can be any kind of fan you want. But weirdness gets teased. It's sports, you are supposed to tease me back.

Assets to give up, you mean to afford his 1 year deals? First off he's not dumb, he will take less to have a better team around him to get rings. And he is worth 2-3 'assets' they would be giving up. If they can get a team together of LeBron, PG, Ball, Kuzma, and Ingram plus savvy vets taking peanuts to win like David West is doing with the Ws, that's a team that can get you a couple of rings.
You always say you're bullshitting when you're put on the spot after a dumb comment.

Thin skinned? You were the one who got personal talking about my fandom. I didn't pull your string, lets keep that in mind.

I think you're weird too, so now we have something in common.

Sorry but I don't come here to tease people...but don't let me stop your fun because your opinion definitely isn't changing my fandom.

How do we know he will take less at this stage of his career? Has he done that yet in Cleveland? He's been there now what, 3 seasons? If I recall he's made it clear he is no longer giving team discounts. So, why should we believe differently all of a sudden? Especially, if father time sets in & he is limited to big contracts going forward? It's only common sense.

How do we know he's worth them mortgaging their future at this stage? What if he has an injury and only lasts 1 season there? Would that have been worth it? Especially when we consider they wouldn't be guaranteed a championship considering the Warriors are in the same conference? All of these points are subjective at best...just your opinion. The difference is my points were all valid & based off of what history tells us & you know it. These are questions that would surround ANY player on the wrong side of 30.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everyone outside of Kuz, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Nance have to go.

Even renouncing everyone and stretching Deng's current contract still won't be enough.

According to Pincus, the Lakers should extend Deng to soften his stretch cap hit as well as dumping Clarkson to get 2 full max deals, if LeBron is one of the players.

But, you'd have near room level money to try and keep Lopez, since you would retain his Bird rights for next Season as well. Maybe he stays if he can get a bigger deal next Summer?

You won't have Bird rights on KCP. So, I don't see him taking the 8m room exception.

Based on the NBA's 2018 salary-cap projection of $101 million, James will get up to $35.4 million, while Cousins and George can top out at $30.3 million.

The math doesn't actually work for the Lakers, who are looking at roughly $47.5 million in space once they renounce the rights to Julius Randle, Brook Lopez, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Corey Brewer and Andrew Bogut while waiving Ivica Zubac, Thomas Bryant and Tyler Ennis.

The answer is the league's stretch provision, which allows for players to be waived with their contracts paid out over twice the length of the remaining deal, plus one season.

With the $36.8 million owed to Deng over the next two, the Lakers can stretch him out to $7.4 million over five years, which would open $9.8 million in additional cap space in July.

That isn't quite enough to get to two max slots, putting the Lakers at about $57.3 million in space.

To Make Room for 2 Stars, Lakers Should Give Luol Deng an Extension, Seriously
So all of that for what, 1 -2 years? And that leaves us at my initial question, where does that leave the team when he leaves?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he's having one of the best years of his career.

I don't see him getting to 6.

I think he can get 1 more maaaaaaybe if he can finagle his way to Houston or the 76ers can add him and....shit, Chris Paul...lol
Reality at it's best....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always say you're bullshitting when you're put on the spot after a dumb comment.

Thin skinned? You were the one who got personal talking about my fandom. I didn't pull your string, lets keep that in mind.

Sorry but I don't come here to tease people...but don't let me stop your fun because your opinion definitely isn't changing my fandom.

How do we know he will take less at this stage of his career? Has he done that yet in Cleveland? He's been there now what, 3 seasons? If I recall he's made it clear he is no longer giving team discounts. So, why should we believe differently all of a sudden? Especially, if father time sets in & he is limited to big contracts going forward? It's only common sense.

How do we know he's worth them mortgaging their future at this stage? What if he has an injury and only lasts 1 season there? Would that have been worth it? Especially when we consider they wouldn't be guaranteed a championship considering the Warriors are in the same conference? All of these points are subjective at best...just your opinion. The difference is my points were all valid & based off of what history tells us & you know it. These are questions that would surround ANY player on the wrong side of 30.
Oh, he's not giving any discounts.

LeBron James remains unwilling to take a discount on next contract

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God you are where fun goes to die, sheesh.

Look, anything is possible. Maybe he wants max money and a 4 year deal. If so LA says no thanks. But maybe he wants rings and to play in LA on 1 year deals. How does that mortgage the future? Not to mention, if you get 2 more rings who the heck cares?

You should just stick to 'I hate that douche, I don't want him' because trying to convince us that there's no way to add LeBron and create a winning team in LA is silly.

And LeBron is not 'any' player. 2nd best player ever, having his best or second best season ever at age 33.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all of that for what, 1 -2 years? And that leaves us at my initial question, where does that leave the team when he leaves?

With PG, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, and whoever they get to replace him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you have valid concerns.

The question that needs to be answered is: Will sacrificing some of your youth net you Championships?

If the answer is likely no, why do it?

With that being said, adding LeBron and Boogie/Paul George gives you a chance to get to the WCF.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God you are where fun goes to die, sheesh.

Look, anything is possible. Maybe he wants max money and a 4 year deal. If so LA says no thanks. But maybe he wants rings and to play in LA on 1 year deals. How does that mortgage the future? Not to mention, if you get 2 more rings who the heck cares?

You should just stick to 'I hate that douche, I don't want him' because trying to convince us that there's no way to add LeBron and create a winning team in LA is silly.

And LeBron is not 'any' player. 2nd best player ever, having his best or second best season ever at age 33.
Why did you even quote my post to begin with? Clearly I was making basketball points - not WHAT IF'S.

Obviously we have different opinions on what is fun...I don't hold it against you.

I already said I DON'T WANT HIM. Maybe you missed that the first 3 times while you were trying to HAVE FUN???? SMH.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ones we know would be there for sure is Ball, Kuzma & Ingram since all would still be in their rookie contracts. It doesn't make good business sense for a team that is seeking longevity.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you have valid concerns.

The question that needs to be answered is: Will sacrificing some of your youth net you Championships?

If the answer is likely no, why do it?

With that being said, adding LeBron and Boogie/Paul George gives you a chance to get to the WCF.
Yes, likely playing against the Warriors. Is that a hand you would gamble against in Vegas if you were a business mogul?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP has been good.

But, he's not worth 19 mil...lol

Brook Slow-pez is not your Center of the future either.

So, losing them is a big.........meh.

But, depending on the price....

They might regret not keeping Randle and Clarkson gets buckets while on a very team friendly deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, likely playing against the Warriors. Is that a hand you would gamble against in Vegas if you were a business mogul?
No.

Nor would I if I'm a Team stacking Mega Star who's concerned about his place in history.

That's why I don't see him coming West until he loses a step or two.

Reactions: LAD

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ws pulling away, just too much talent, 2nd half domination