• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casspi scores 20+ in a revenge game, Klay will have a shot to top his 37 point quarter, and Bell will go off in whatever PT he gets. The Hawks beat them by 46 points, the Warriors backups +Klay/Draymond shouldn't have a problem with getting the win. Would be nice to see the Kings get the win though, even if it slows down the tank for a day.

If it's any consolation, I love Fox and WCS. Think those guys are going to be good if they can fill out their potentials. WCS needs to figure out a way to be more consistent on offense, but his defense is already pretty good from what I've seen.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consolation, I love Fox and WCS. Think those guys are going to be good if they can fill out their potentials. WCS needs to figure out a way to be more consistent on offense, but his defense is already pretty good from what I've seen.
Fox has somewhat struggled this year mainly because the jump shot ain't falling. The speed and defense is there but if he wants to be a complete PG he'll need to improve his shooting.
WCS is very jekyll and hyde, some nights he'll look like an all star and other nights he is almost nonexistent. Even on defense he hasn't always been consistent but the potential is definitely there.
The Kings need them to reach their potential and do it while still with the Kings, their success in drafts over the past 5-10 years has not been great. Those 2 plus guys like Skal, Buddy, and Bogdan give me some hope that good times are ahead, but it's still the Kings so I'm cautiously optimistic.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casspi scores 20+ in a revenge game, Klay will have a shot to top his 37 point quarter, and Bell will go off in whatever PT he gets. The Hawks beat them by 46 points, the Warriors backups +Klay/Draymond shouldn't have a problem with getting the win. Would be nice to see the Kings get the win though, even if it slows down the tank for a day.

I couldn't believe that loss to the Hawks....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox, Buddy, WCS, Skal, Malachi, Jackson, Giles....

The Kings have some good, young talent.

They just need time, health and good player development.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox, Buddy, WCS, Skal, Malachi, Jackson, Giles....

The Kings have some good, young talent.

They just need time, health and good player development.

Forgot about Giles, but not sold on Buddy, Malachi or Jackson. Think they'll eventually be decent role players, but their best roles should be off the bench. Skal I'm kind of up in the air about.

I think WCS and Fox have the most upside if they can get consistent.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox has somewhat struggled this year mainly because the jump shot ain't falling. The speed and defense is there but if he wants to be a complete PG he'll need to improve his shooting.
WCS is very jekyll and hyde, some nights he'll look like an all star and other nights he is almost nonexistent. Even on defense he hasn't always been consistent but the potential is definitely there.
The Kings need them to reach their potential and do it while still with the Kings, their success in drafts over the past 5-10 years has not been great. Those 2 plus guys like Skal, Buddy, and Bogdan give me some hope that good times are ahead, but it's still the Kings so I'm cautiously optimistic.
Pray that Giles goes the way of Embiid and not Greg Oden.

He has franchise player potential if you are patient.

Sadly, he has the knees of Derek Rose.

I still have hope though if they are super conservative with him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Giles, but not sold on Buddy, Malachi or Jackson. Think they'll eventually be decent role players, but their best roles should be off the bench. Skal I'm kind of up in the air about.

I think WCS and Fox have the most upside if they can get consistent.
WCS is a poor man's Deandre Jordan.

...I mean the one of Clippers present.

Hint: That's not good...lol

At best, he's Tyson Chandler.

He's another guy who suffers from Jeff Green syndrome.

He's brilliant one night. But, takes the following four nights off.

I think Skal and Fox will be building blocks and yeah....

The rest will be role players. But, solid.

Giles is the wild card.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCS is a poor man's Deandre Jordan.

...I mean the one of Clippers present.

Hint: That's not good...lol

At best, he's Tyson Chandler.

He's another guy who suffers from Jeff Green syndrome.

He's brilliant one night. But, takes the following four nights off.

I think Skal and Fox will be building blocks and yeah....

The rest will be role players. But, solid.

Giles is the wild card.

Green's been solid off the Cavs bench.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pray that Giles goes the way of Embiid and not Greg Oden.

He has franchise player potential if you are patient.

Sadly, he has the knees of Derek Rose.

I still have hope though if they are super conservative with him.
I guess not playing made me forget to mention him, but yes he's a very talented player. There were also some very solid players available at 10 the Kings could have drafted instead of trading back, so it could look even worse if Giles doesn't pan out. I'm okay with them taking it slow with him, this season isn't about wins so no need to rush.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Hill and Randolph were going to provide veteran leadership.
Their veteran leadership wasn't gonna make them a good team, they're still very young. Bad nights are expected from bad teams.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their veteran leadership wasn't gonna make them a good team, they're still very young. Bad nights are expected from bad teams.

I know that but I thought their addition might prevent a 40-plus point blowout. Most NBA players have experienced blowout L's but not 40-plus point blowouts.