• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason the first month of the season can really make a difference...

Teams have built their defensive reputation. Teams like the Celtics build a defensive reputation and then get the benefit of the doubt from the refs. They get to be a little more aggressive and physical.

Teams like the Cavs have also built their defensive reputation and have lost some ground in terms of refs allowing them to be physical. And its their own fault.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road rage will get you double tapped in Arizona since everyone can carry a gun, unless they have a felony.

Could have been worse, Kitty Cat.

Now...close your eyes..

* grabs big red *

I know, babe. That hasn't happened to me in a good 15-16 years where me and this other dude were fighting on the side of the freeway.....

He was a millenial.....some smart aleck punk.....I almost went into my trunk and got my baseball bat.....did what I did and got back into my car before a cop came along. I know it was a bad decision after the fact.

LOL at the end of that comment.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising thing about that answer to me wasn't the Cavs implication... it was that Curry just went with the assumption of the Warriors making the Final.

I mean, of course everyone believes that... but usually players/coaches go way out of their way to kill those assumptions. LeBron for example has been doing that for 8 years now.

The WC is a lot tougher now than it was last season, Warrior fans shouldn't assume anything with a lot of talent going to the WC this past off-season. They shouldn't take anything for granted and be ready for war when the playoffs start.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize to everybody on here that saw that comment and didn't say anything......probably think I'm some major dick. Might be a bit of a dick but that's out of character for me. I had a bad day and then the young man cut me off, setting me off. I should have reacted better.

I'm actually a nice guy that handled a situation very badly. Had 4 beers last night and woke up with regret. And not just because my insurance will be going up. First accident in a long time. Too old for shit like this and it was my fault.

Reactions: LAD

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for making me LOL this AM, Wamy......need it.

Not to mention, it's TGIF!!!!! If shit that happened yesterday occurred today I'd have a horrible weekend.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for ^this^

Anyone watch the Celtic/Warrior game and get the impression that Marcus Smart is terrible... and perhaps Coach Stevens should take him off the floor?

Dude was 0 for 7. With a few boneheaded turnovers.

He was also a +15 on the +/- metric. (!)

Remarkable. A riddle wrapped inside an enigma...

hard to process

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize to everybody on here that saw that comment and didn't say anything......probably think I'm some major dick. Might be a bit of a dick but that's out of character for me. I had a bad day and then the young man cut me off, setting me off. I should have reacted better.

I'm actually a nice guy that handled a situation very badly. Had 4 beers last night and woke up with regret. And not just because my insurance will be going up. First accident in a long time. Too old for shit like this and it was my fault.

Not to mention I finally won a bet against you. Rough day, indeed.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD:

"Steph Curry is the face of the franchise. And that helps me out. Because I don't have to and I don't want to. I'm not a leader."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One notable difference this year in any potential match-up between the C's and the Cav's is that Boston seems much better equipped to defend LeBron this time around.

Jaylon Brown is one more year developed and really rounding into his potential as an elite defensive player. Semi Ojeleye has the size and quickness to match-up and be disruptive, too. I like Morris and Tatum less on LeBron... but at least they wouldn't be total mismatches if they got caught in a switch.

Jae Crowder was/is a hard worker... but he couldn't contain LeBron at all when they matched up. Just didn't have enough of that quick twitch agility to put a dent in James' explosiveness.

Not that anyone is gonna stop LeBron... they're just better able to slow him down a little.

The Kyrie/IT battle should be fun. You know they are both going to want to go off against their former teams.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for making me LOL this AM, Wamy......need it.

Not to mention, it's TGIF!!!!! If shit that happened yesterday occurred today I'd have a horrible weekend.

Well I hope today is better for you than yesterday. And Fried Day's are always nice. Oh yeah.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I didn't know Walton said that. Right now I'd say he's wrong.
We will see what happens, but I would say this:

If the mechanics of LB's shot simply did work for college, but don't work of the NBA, then yes they need to be change. This may have been a huge error on Lavar's part for not correcting the shot and right now I tend to agree with you

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs QB Winston groped a female Uber driver......when is this going to end?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what happens, but I would say this:

If the mechanics of LB's shot simply did work for college, but don't work of the NBA, then yes they need to be change. This may have been a huge error on Lavar's part for not correcting the shot and right now I tend to agree with you

There's no question he has an understanding of the game. But if he doesn't work on his touch he might shoot himself to the bench or worse.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question he has an understanding of the game. But if he doesn't work on his touch he might shoot himself to the bench or worse.
My concern is that the mechanics of the shot simply don't work in the NBA. Could be because the shooter can't get the shot off quick enough and be accurate. That's my biggest concern which means He does need to work on his shot and correct it and I can't help think and wonder why Lavar Ball didn't correct that error assuming it turns out that way. I don't think a few bad shooting nights defines Lonzo Balls shooting style yet, but it sure looks like it's going down that road

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is that the mechanics of the shot simply don't work in the NBA. Could be because the shooter can't get the shot off quick enough and be accurate. That's my biggest concern which means He does need to work on his shot and correct it and I can't help think and wonder why Lavar Ball didn't correct that error assuming it turns out that way. I don't think a few bad shooting nights defines Lonzo Balls shooting style yet, but it sure looks like it's going down that road

It's 1 of the more awkward shooting motions I can remember in a very long time. Hope he can fix it for his sake (and Laker fans). His father's a complete jackass but I have nothing against the kid.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 1 of the more awkward shooting motions I can remember in a very long time. Hope he can fix it for his sake (and Laker fans). His father's a complete jackass but I have nothing against the kid.
From what I have heard, Lonzo Ball is a good kid and is a hard worker, so I think he will figure it out, but www.Lakersnation.com indicated that they knew this when they drafted him and calculated that it would be a work in progress