• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.....It had some entertaining parts.

But, huge letdown from the first.

The Original had me pleasantly surprised.

This one seemed......forced.

Plus, too Hollywood with Tatum, Berry and Elton John.

Very rarely do sequels best the Original.

I would say Terminator 2, Toy Story 2, Dark Knight Returns, Aliens, God Father 2, Mad Max, Empire Strikes back, Kill Bill 2 are the only clear cut sequel upgrades.

Ps. The New Blade Runner is pretty AWESOME.

Loved the Original and this one could be better.

Back Door 2 is pretty good as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should pick him up on his name alone... Sounds like some Star wars shit lol

"We can't end this war without defeating VANDER BLUE first!"

SEE!?!? lol
I don't know as if he is a game changer and we both know that the summer league doesn't equate to the NBA necessarily, but he did help the Lakers beat other teams with quite a few players who had played one year in the League, so while the Lakers don't have room for him, I personally believe there should be a spot for someone to give him a chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Bell is gonna crack the rotation at some point this year. He looks like a vet already and at some point he's going to force Kerry's hand to play him. They call him "baby Draymond" without the outside shot. Last night in 24 minutes he had 10 pts, 11 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks. I think at some point he will be eating some of those back up 4 minutes. Thanks Bulls!!!

Oh and McCaw has looked tenative all preseason after a pretty strong summer league. Kerr told him before the game that he wanted him to be really aggressive. Went out and got 17 last night which was great.

Lastly, yesterday was easily the best game Swaggy has played. His catch and shoot game was on point but he was a little bit and miss elsewhere. But I noticed he was engaged on defense which was a plus for me.

Can't wait till the season starts in a few days.

Nah.

Jordan Bell is a second round pick. No chance he cracks the rotation for a contending team in his rookie year.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Would be really interesting to See him on the court with Draymond at some point. Kind of like a small big lineup.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Jordan Bell is a second round pick. No chance he cracks the rotation for a contending team in his rookie year.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Would be really interesting to See him on the court with Draymond at some point. Kind of like a small big lineup.
#WigWam'd

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Hassan is mature. I was told players can't change lol. Good read

"It's funny to me," Whiteside said after practice at AmericanAirlines Arena. "I'm going to talk trash back if somebody talks trash to me. Maybe when I was younger, I would have been a little more angrier, It would have been a little madder.

Whiteside said it is nothing more than respect between what Heat coach Erik Spoelstracalled "titans" of the game.

"Ever since last year, my very first words to Embiid was, 'Man, I'm glad to see you back on the court.' " said Whiteside, with Embiid's NBA debut delayed by a foot issue, one Whiteside playfully cited amid their Friday late-night Twitter exchange. "He told me we're going to bring the center position back. And after they won, he called me, 'barbeque chicken,' so I was waiting to get back at him."

Whiteside gave Embiid credit for being relentless.

"Embiid, he don't stop. He don't stop," he said. "My first foul, he said I was going to foul out. I said, 'Man, I'm not playing more than 15 minutes. You really think these fouls is a big deal?' He don't stop, man. But he's like that.

"It's not him talking about somebody's family. It's not nothing crazy. It's just basketball. He called me softee. Come on, man. He knows that's not true. I'll be on his team's scouting report."

Hassan Whiteside to Joel Embiid: I'm no Mr. Softee and he knows it

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Whiteside

Embiid looks like an idiot in all of this.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Whiteside

He's pretty entertaining.

But, he should probably play half a Season before he starts feeling himself.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected record is 34-48? Sounds about right.....I have been thinking 35-37 wins.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Bell is gonna crack the rotation at some point this year. He looks like a vet already and at some point he's going to force Kerry's hand to play him. They call him "baby Draymond" without the outside shot. Last night in 24 minutes he had 10 pts, 11 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks. I think at some point he will be eating some of those back up 4 minutes. Thanks Bulls!!!

Oh and McCaw has looked tenative all preseason after a pretty strong summer league. Kerr told him before the game that he wanted him to be really aggressive. Went out and got 17 last night which was great.

Lastly, yesterday was easily the best game Swaggy has played. His catch and shoot game was on point but he was a little bit and miss elsewhere. But I noticed he was engaged on defense which was a plus for me.

Can't wait till the season starts in a few days.
All in due time my friend.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and again, McHale isn't wrong.
I'm not even sure why Harden responded like he did. Calling a vet/coach a clown? Where is the professionalism these days. As his former coach, McHale has earned the right to point out his strengths & weaknesses. Harden should be taking notes & learning how to execute from them. SMH.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Whiteside

I disagree. I think both actually look great in this.

Trash talk is gone now a days in the NBA. So is the center position. Embiid's trying to bring both back and I love it. Him and Whiteside are clearly two of the best centers in the league and it's great to develop a rivalry, while not getting personal. Even Whiteside said he didn't get personal in his trash talk, which I think is great.

You think the next matchup between the 76ers and Heat isn't going to be a must watch? It will be for me, just because of this alone. These guys will be battling each other in that conference for the next 4-5 years.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps. The New Blade Runner is pretty AWESOME.

Loved the Original and this one could be better.

^^^THIS^^^^ my husband was just telling me this the other day.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me surprised...

I didn't think things were working and that the Spurs would target LeBron.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....Seems like Teams are throwing in the towel early on some of these guys.

Dude must be awful if they are keeping Andrew Harrison and Rabb over him.

Lmfao @ Parsons being a bench player now. Based on last year, he should be in the G League.

Hope he finally gets healthy.

The Memphis Grizzlies plan to waive guard Wade Baldwin, the seventeenth overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft, league sources told ESPN. It is rare in the NBA for a team to give up so soon into the career of a first-round draft pick. The release of Baldwin clears the way for free agent guard Mario Chalmers to make the Grizzlies roster, league sources said

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver over Minny tho...ugh.
Not seeing that.
I have my Clippers a couple spots lower, Bucks a couple spots higher.
Knicks, Bulls and Hawks should be the bottom 3.

Interesting that they had the Nets below the Knicks.