• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 WR:

"Tennessee is No.1," Scott, a 2017 prospect, said last week. "They haven't offered me yet but that's the school I'd like to go to."

"Their school is beautiful," Scott said of Tennessee. "They show love, too. The receivers are good and they play their players. They have great coaches there. We all like the coaches."
-Rivals

Rodney Scott - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 QB:

3. Hunter Johnson

Recruiting wrap: Johnson has several offers, including Notre Dame and Tennessee.

Performance: There's no question Johnson had the strongest arm of any quarterback in attendance at Sunday's camp, and as the day moved along, he showed he really knows how to use it effectively. When it comes to throws over the middle, he can fit the ball into tight windows and he rarely lets one fly that isn't a tight spiral. The one downfall for Johnson is that sometime he puts a little too much on the ball. Once he learns how and when to take some off and add some touch, he will be a special prospect.
-Rivals

Hunter Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 RB:

Recruiting wrap: Hayden has an early offer from Tennessee.

Performance: Hayden lived up to that all-purpose listing in his position title on Sunday, lighting it up during one-on-ones and showing an impressive set of hands while doing so. The son of former NFL running back Aaron Hayden, Chase has terrific football instincts to go along with special ball skills. His speed and route-running ability out of the backfield make him a very tough cover for bigger, slower linebackers and he looks like he has the skills to play major college football down the road.
-Rivals

Chase Hayden - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vols hand out new offers in class of 2017

The Tennessee Vols offered a scholarship to class of 2017 wide receiverJaylen Harris of Cleveland Heights High School, according to Alex Gleitman of 247Sports.

It is the third known scholarship offer for Harris, who has also has offers from Kentucky and Michigan.

Harris is already 6 feet 5 and weighs 210 pounds as a sophomore.

He doesn't have an offer yet from Ohio State, but Brown told 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong that he grew up a big fan of the Buckeyes.

Harris took an unofficial visit to Knoxville to see the Vols and the annual Orange & White spring game on April 25.

Another class of 2017 prospect who reported a Tennessee offer is four-star defensive end Robert Beal of Norcross, Ga.

Beal, who is the No. 201 player in the nation according to the 247Sports Composite, has offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State and others. There are currently no Crystal Ball predictions for Beal, who has a dozen known offers at this time.

Beal is 6 feet 5 and 210 pounds.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 RB:

Class of 2017 running back Toneil Carter is another from the Houston area who is one of the top sophomores nationally. The 5-foot-11, 198-pounder with 10.87 100-meter speedhas offers from TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tennessee, Georgia, Colorado, Maryland, Kansas, Arkansas, Boston College, Kansas State and Oregon State. It's the LSU Tigers that Carter is waiting on, however. Carter is originally from the New Orleans area with his family having settled in the Houston area following Hurricane Katrina. LSU stopped by his school last week. A visit to LSU is on the schedule for this summer. The Aggies are second behind the SEC West foe.
-ESPN

Toneil Carter - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 WR:

Hunter Rison has a unique advantage that most recruits don't have. The 2017 receiver happens to live with a former NFL wideout: his father, Andre Rison. The younger Rison moved in December to Michigan from Arizona to live with his father and to start really learning the game of football.

Rison, who holds two offers, is starting to see interest rising as he gets close to his junior season. While he doesn't have any favorites or top schools, he is hoping to land offers from Baylor, Tennessee, Alabama and West Virginia.

Michigan State might get a little extra pull in their direction as the elder Rison played for the Spartans. Despite having reason to be biased, Hunter says his father has been very supportive of his recruitment.
-ESPN

Hunter Rison - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Top247 junior defensive lineman from Haywood High School in Brownsville said he’s “mainly focused on three schools, maybe four” at the moment, with Tennessee, LSU and Texas A&M making up his top three and Mississippi State also remaining “in the mix.”

“I’d say LSU and Tennessee (are standing out)[.] LSU and Tennessee, they’re tit-for-tat — the relationship between me and the coaches, the fan base. I mean, I feel at home when I go to both places, so it’s kind of hard.”

“Coach Jones is a great guy,” Gooden said. “Coach Jones, the relationship we have, me and (LSU) coach Les Miles don’t have that type of relationship. Me and Coach (Kevin) Sumlin at Texas A&M don’t have that relationship. Me and (Mississippi State) coach (Dan) Mullen, we keep in contact, but not like that — like me and Coach Jones.

“I talk to Coach Jones just about twice a week, like I talk to Coach Strip’ (defensive line coach Steve Stripling) and (defensive coordinator John Jancek). … We just talk about football and life, life after football. Hopefully he will land a big brick like myself, and (I can) get up there to Rocky Top and handle business.”

“I’m a home-state guy, so it’s kind of hard,” said Gooden, who’s planning to announce his decision on National Signing Day. “I tell schools and coaches, it’s kind of hard to steal me from the state of Tennessee. They’ve got to do what they’ve got to do to get me out of the state, but I tell them I love Tennessee. I wouldn’t mind playing for my home state.”

Emmit Gooden - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee offered 2016 Georgia offensive lineman Jack DeFoor today. He's a big offensive tackle out of Calhoun, Ga. He actually already has a top 3 of Clemson, Ole Miss and Georgia Tech and wasn't planning on letting anyone back in but he told me tonight that Tennessee is different and he will definitely be visiting this summer and will give the Vols a long look.
-Fortenberry