• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four-Star visitor Saturday

Wide receiver Austin Mack (Fort Wayne, Ind./Bishop Luers) will visit Tennessee Saturday.

Mack plans to announce his college choice June 7.

The Crystal Ball reads 85-percent for Ohio State, 10-percent for Notre Dame and five-percent for Michigan.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 20 wide receiver and the No. 2 prospect in Indiana in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there's a chance that Dorian Banks will not be apart of the class. Heard that he has some grade concerns.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vol Target Profiles: WR and TE | Rocky Top Insider

TaDarryl Marshall
Marshall committed to Tennessee on April 28th, just a few days after visiting Knoxville for the Orange and White Game. Tennessee will likely have to work to hold onto Marshall, as Alabama and Auburn aren’t likely to give up without a fight, but a deep-rooted love for the Vols should give them the ability to do so.

Corey Henderson
Tennessee received its first commitment at the receiver position for the 2016 class on March 30, 2015 when Shreveport, Louisiana’s Corey Henderson gave his verbal pledge to the Vols. Henderson’s stock is likely to rise in the coming months, and the Vols will have to work to hold onto his commitment, but Henderson maintains that he is solid to Tennessee.

Mecole Hardman
There aren’t a ton of certainties in recruiting, but Hardman clearly loves the Vols – naming them his leader in the summer of 2014, regularly posting pictures of himself in UT gear on Twitter and keeping the Vols right near the top of his list as his recruitment has heated up. He’s been on campus multiple times and Tennessee seems to be the early team to beat for the Under Armour All-American selection, at least at this stage of the recruiting game.

Devante Brooks
Tennessee was among the first schools to offer Brooks in the recruiting process and made him their early priority at tight end in the 2016 class. After visiting the Vols unofficially in October for the game against UTC – on the heels of visits to Penn State and Virginia Tech – Brooks decided to wait until the end of his junior year before making his final decision. Brooks committed to Tennessee on January 15th.

Diondre Overton
Several teams are formally in the running for Overton, but this is shaping up to be a Tennessee vs. Clemson battle. In fact, many believe the “Wide Receiver U” back and forth on Twitter in the spring originated because of the battle for Overton between the two schools. Expect Overton to make multiple visits to both schools before this battle is ultimately decided.

Jeff George
The Vols were one of the first major programs to offer George in the spring of 2015, giving receiver-needy Tennessee an early leg up in his recruitment. Look for George to make it to campus at some point over the summer or during the season as Tennessee tries to solidify itself as the team to beat with this junior college prospect.

Donnie Corley
Corley visited Tennessee for a Junior Day in the spring, and the Vols, while competing against many of the top programs in the nation, are certainly in it for him. Butch Jones and the staff are trying to use their Michigan ties to help the Vols in this one. Pulling him away from the Michigan schools or Ohio State will be a tough sell, but with the Vols’ need at receiver, they’re making a strong pitch.

Freddie Pinder
Pinder named Tennessee as one of the top three schools he was most interested in early in the summer, joining West Virginia and Alabama – which he doesn’t have an offer from yet. Miami, his hometown school, was thought to be the team to beat early in this process, but that relationship seems to have cooled a bit for now. UT is setting itself up in pretty good shape for the lanky prospect, especially if he’s willing to visit during the fall or summer, if indeed he’s a take for the Vols.

Brandon Johnson
One of several Florida receivers the Vols have offered this year, Johnson seems to have Tennessee near the top of his list. But his recruitment gained momentum in the early summer with Georgia extending an offer and elite programs Florida State and Alabama evaluating him as well. Still too early to get a great feel for how realistic of a chance the Vols have.

Johnny Huntley
Huntley hasn’t kept in his interest in Tennessee quiet. He’s named the Vols his leader in interviews and can be seen on social media wearing Tennessee gear. UT is in great shape for him for the time being. He could easily end up being in UT’s 2016 class.

Donaven Tennyson
Tennyson attended one of Tennessee’s Junior Days in the spring after receiving an offer from the Vols in the winter. That early offer helped set the Vols up in good shape early in his recruitment. He might not be at the top of UT’s board at this point, but definitely a name to keep an eye on as UT looks to add several receivers in this class.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Honestly, I would say Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio State, Florida, Florida State,” said Warrior, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 63 overall prospect and No. 4 safety in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class. “Two new offers, Mississippi State and Oklahoma, I like those. There’s a lot of schools that I like that I’ve got offers from. It’s pretty hard to choose. Right now, I’m just letting everything go. I don’t have an opinion about anybody, really.”

He most recently returned to Tennessee for the first time in more than six months, and he said he enjoyed taking a closer look at his father’s alma mater. “I got to stay overnight,” Warrior said. “It was real nice. I got to hang with the players and see the daily routine. It was real good."

“(Tennessee sophomores) Evan and Elliott Berry, I ran track with them. They were just telling me how they like … after football practices, football practice, the weight room. They just want me to come (there). I was already talking to them before.

“I just like how everybody gets along together. You don’t see no fights. You don’t see no arguments. If you see an argument, it’s probably on the football field. But when you get back in the locker room, everything’s cool. When I stayed overnight, I just got to see what players do after their games and in the weight room. It’s real nice. I like how everybody just gets along, honestly.”

Warrior insisted his father’s history with the Vols doesn’t “really” affect the way he looks at them. “He talks about his experience all the time,” Warrior said of his father, who played at Tennessee in 1990-91. “He doesn’t push me to go anywhere. He just lets me do what I want. He lets me choose what school I like, and he’ll support me all the way through."

Nigel Warrior - Yahoo! Sports

Suppose t announce on NSD.