• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“He’s basically telling me they need some help at the wide receiver position because they are losing a lot of guys, and I have a chance to come in and play early for him,” Huntley told Stampini following his team’s scrimmage Friday night at Florida International University.

That’s why Huntley isn’t ruling out that he could be ready to commit to the Vols once he makes his first trip to Knoxville.

“Everybody is telling me that would be a good fit for me, and I feel same way,” he said.

Huntley said coaches from Ohio State, Florida, Cincinnati, Louisville, Bowling Green, Northern Illinois and Purdue recently have stopped at his school.

The in-state Gators still are evaluating Huntley, and he said an offer from them “would put them number two behind Tennessee.”

“The (Florida) wide receivers coach (Kerry Dixon) told me they are early in the process, and he’s probably going to be down next week to see me,” Huntley said. “The only reason he hasn’t offered me yet is because he hasn’t seen me in person.”

Johnny Huntley - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the latest scoop on the top recruits in the Carolinas?

Xach Gill, 2017
Four-star defensive tackle
Wake Forest, N.C./Rolesville
Said he’s big on some of his early offers, including North Carolina, N.C. State, Miami and Tennessee. He’s hoping to land more offers.

Landon Dickerson, 2016
Four-star offensive lineman
Hudson, N.C./South Caldwell
Said Virginia Tech and Tennessee are tied on top with Tennessee recruiting him the hardest. He’s still also big on South Carolina. Said he plans to visit Alabama, Auburn and Florida State this summer. The Crystal Ball reads 100 percent for Virginia Tech.

Jaleel Laguins, 2016
Four-star linebacker
Watkinsville, Ga./Oconee County
Said he plans to visit Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn this summer.

Mecole Hardman, 2016
Four-star cornerback
Elberton, Ga./Elbert County
Said Tennessee and Georgia are still tied on top.

Marquill Osborne, 2016, Tennessee commit
Four-star cornerback
Cornelius, N.C./Hough
Said this week’s offer from Florida “opened the door” for him. The Florida native said he’s “solid” to Tennessee. He said he will “definitely” visit Florida this summer.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vols working hard to land nation's fastest prospect | FOX Sports

Holloway is a national champion hurdle runner and has clocked in a laser-timed 40-yard dash of 4.32 seconds, the fastest time recorded at a Rivals combine this year.

The track star has over 40 scholarship offers to date but claims two schools have been recruiting him the hardest to date: "Tennessee is a big-time track program and then Virginia Tech just won the ACC on the boy's side with a couple of people."

Holloway also notes former Virginia prospect, and second round pick by the Titans in 2014, Justin Hunter had success in Knoxville: "Justin Hunter went through there, from Ocean Lakes. I tell myself, if Justin Hunter can do it I know I can do it 10 times better, that's my goal if I go there, to do it better than what he did."