• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the Lady Vols game with coach Jones:

Jarrett Guarantano - Yahoo! Sports

NWeaEq8.jpg

Butch knows a good thing.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaven Tennyson - Yahoo! Sports

"It was sweet,” he said. “I got a chance to see what Knoxville is all about. I liked the facilities and had a chance to speak with the coaches. I spent the most time with (wide receivers) coach (Zach) Azzanni. He told me he likes my speed and that if I continue to do what I’m supposed to do, good things will happen. He also told me I’d mostly play in the slot against linebackers because I’m shifty and can outrun them. He also said they put me in motion a lot for jet sweeps.
”I had a chance to sit down with coach (Butch) Jones, too. It was good talking with him one-on-one. He told me he was glad I came to visit and that they could really use me and that I’m a great person.”
-Scout

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nigel Warrior - Yahoo! Sports

Of course many of the experts that follow recruiting view Tennessee as the favorite to land four-star defensive back Nigel Warrior due to his connection to the Vols.

Dale Carter is the father of Nigel and the talented 2016 prospect says he and his father have a competition, and that he wouldn't mind doing better at UT than his father did in the past.

That doesn't mean it is a lock that Warrior, a star at Atlanta (Ga.) Westlake is going to sign with Tennessee. Alabama is a school he likes as is Auburn, Georgia, and Ohio State among others.

Warrior plans to name a top 10 later this summer, then cut it to five before making his decision around signing day 2016.

-Scout

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Brandon Adams from Brentwood Academy is apparently one to keep an eye on. He doesn't hold many offers but was the top DL performer at the Atlanta Adidas camp (at least that's what someone said). I originally thought he could be an under the radar Montori Hughes type of recruit, by not if he keeps showing out at camps.

Brandon Adams - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarrett Guarantano

Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic

Recruiting wrap: Guarantano has been close to committing a few times but it looks like his recruitment will end in mid-April. Ohio State was the leader early on but the Buckeyes have fallen off the pace over the past month or so. Urban Meyer will get his chance to impress when the Rivals100 quarterback returns to Columbus in early April. Tennessee made a very good impression on Guarantano when he was in Knoxville earlier this week but Rutgers, the hometown team, is still very much in the mix.

Likely destination: Tennessee

Analyst breakdown: Guarantano's teammates didn't do him any favors last season but he still played like a Rivals100 prospect. His arm strength, vision and playmaking ability while on the run gives his team a chance to score on virtually every play. When Guarantano is able to set his feet and read the defense, he has very little trouble finding the open receiver.
-Rivals

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee hosted an impressive group of visitors, and it started with a trio of instate 4-star players.

Nashville linebacker Daniel Bituli was on campus today, as well as Brentwood offensive lineman Bryce Mathews.

Ronatavius Groves was a visitor today as well and the Vols seem to have some nice momentum there. They continue to be in good shape with Bituli and Mathews as well.
-Fortenberry