• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gay-seal-gif.gif

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated Commit List:

★★★★☆ - TE, Devante Brooks
★★★★☆ - DB, Marquill Osborne
★★★★☆ - OL, Ryan Johnson
★★★☆☆ - DB, Bailey Phillips
★★★☆☆ - ATH, Dorian Banks
★★★☆☆ - ATH, Corey Henderson

Total: 6

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant Holloway - Yahoo! Sports

"Some of the good colleges have stood out to me, like Virginia Tech, UVA, Tennessee, Penn State, NC State and Ole Miss," he said. "I really like Tennessee's track coach and they have a good program for letting track athletes, as well as football stars go through their program and set the standards high. Tennessee has had Justin Hunter, a big time athlete in football and track. If Justin Hunter can do it, I know I can do it 10 times better than what he did."
-Rivals

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elijah Holyfield - Yahoo! Sports

“(Gillespie)’s probably my favorite recruiter that’s recruiting me in general,” Holyfield said. “He’s a really great guy. He’s really down to earth and can relate to what you say. I like the way he coaches and everything like that. Me and him have a great relationship.”
-Scout

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie Corley - Yahoo! Sports

Finally, Tennessee did a really good job on a number of fronts this past weekend during its junior day. From a good number of top 2017 prospects on hand, to the 7-on-7 guys who were on campus for just a few hours but were really impressed, Tennessee felt like they had a really good day from those we talked to.

One name the Vols really helped themselves with was Michigan wide receiver Donnie Corley. He's high on the 'wanted' list for Tennessee and this past weekend's visit let him know that. Right now, we really believe Tennessee is in the mix there, most likely with Michigan State. He's set up other visits so there's likely more movement to come, but those two programs seem to have got his attention at this point.
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nigel Knott - Yahoo! Sports

Tennessee is also looking towards Mississippi with some renewed vigor and one name that is really paying attention is defensive back Nigel Knott. Several close to Knott's recruitment have told us that the Madison, Miss., standout has Tennessee as a school he's very interested in after his recent visit.
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Colon - Yahoo! Sports

This weekend it's expected to be a light slate of visitors, but don't be surprised if the Vols do host a few recruits on Saturday, including North Carolina defensive tackle Christian Colon.

Tennessee had a larger number of visitors in last weekend and some of that credit has to go to the Volunteer Classic 7-on-7. As 7-on-7 events grow in the East Tennessee region, there's talk of another national tournament being held in Pigeon Forge that has already attracted major attention from several top teams in Florida and the Chicago area, it has to be considered a win for Tennessee as numerous prospects use the opportunity to make the short trip to the University of Tennessee.
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Janarius Robinson - Yahoo! Sports

One interesting note from late this week was Florida State defensive end commitment Janarius Robinson confirming a visit to Tennessee for the Orange & White Game. While we've noted several times on the board the past few months, Tennessee has never stopped recruiting the big-time defensive end and while it certainly should be considered a long shot, Tennessee has him listening.
-Hubbs