• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 re-draft

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are wrong. You've never listed what Dak is bad at. You just spout off cherry picked stats from someone else. T Read what I wrote if you want to know what Dak needs to improve on. But yeah, I wrote a book about what he needs to get better at and I'm hypersensitive about him being criticized. Again, does that even make sense in your own head?
Holy shit dude. I laid my opinion out with stats months ago. They came from nobody else. You can't possibly be serious right now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't understand English. The sarcasm was it being the biggest part. Get it yet?
LMAO no dude, you were not being sarcastic. It's just a fact. You believe what you typed, and have since repeated it over and over. Again, that is not sarcasm. Saying something stupid and realizing how stupid it was and then calling it sarcasm while repeating the same sentiment over and over again means you believe it and were just trying to save face.

Let's just settle it - do you believe that any criticism I have for Dak is based solely on my supposed anti-Dallas bias that I've never demonstrated once in my entire time on this board?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit dude. I laid my opinion out with stats months ago. They came from nobody else. You can't possibly be serious right now.
You constantly quote PFF. You lay out stats that fit your narrative. You ignore others that don't. At least you seem too be slinking away from the argument of telling me I wasn't being sarcastic. You can't admit you were wrong publicly, but I guess you realized it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO no dude, you were not being sarcastic. It's just a fact. You believe what you typed, and have since repeated it over and over. Again, that is not sarcasm. Saying something stupid and realizing how stupid it was and then calling it sarcasm while repeating the same sentiment over and over again means you believe it and were just trying to save face.

Let's just settle it - do you believe that any criticism I have for Dak is based solely on my supposed anti-Dallas bias that I've never demonstrated once in my entire time on this board?

You constantly quote PFF. You lay out stats that fit your narrative. You ignore others that don't. At least you seem too be slinking away from the argument of telling me I wasn't being sarcastic. You can't admit you were wrong publicly, but I guess you realized it

Wow and right on cue I guess you ARE still telling me what I meant:pound:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wasn't wrong, but think what you want.

What the hell is wrong with PFF?? There is no team bias, and it looks at players from a qualitative standpoint. Is it not valid because it doesn't paint Dak in the amazing light that Cowboys fans believe him to be?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow and right on cue I guess you ARE still telling me what I meant:pound:
I will continue to, because it's the truth. Why won't you acknowledge the fact that you continue to assert that the reasoning you claim to be sarcastic is actually true? Why can't you answer the question I posed in the post you quoted?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wasn't wrong, but think what you want.

What the hell is wrong with PFF?? There is no team bias, and it looks at players from a qualitative standpoint. Is it not valid because it doesn't paint Dak in the amazing light that Cowboys fans believe him to be?
No, it's for people who don't watch games and want to pretend they know as much as those that do. I wrote in another thread the inherent problems with it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's for people who don't watch games and want to pretend they know as much as those that do. I wrote in another thread the inherent problems with it.
LOL right. So what are these "problems"?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will continue to, because it's the truth. Why won't you acknowledge the fact that you continue to assert that the reasoning you claim to be sarcastic is actually true? Why can't you answer the question I posed in the post you quoted?
You actually believe that you know what I am and am not thinking? Well, I guess you do because you keep telling me I'm angry and upset and all of these other passive aggressive statements. It's a clear sign of one who can't fight his current argument so he attempts to bring down the source, not the statement.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually believe that you know what I am and am not thinking? Well, I guess you do because you keep telling me I'm angry and upset and all of these other passive aggressive statements. It's a clear sign of one who can't fight his current argument so he attempts to bring down the source, not the statement.
I've had 0 problem doing this, you Cowboys fans just can't accept anything that doesn't praise your boy. Suddenly, PFF is no longer valid for some reason. How about football outsiders? They ranked Prescott 24th in DVOA, a value that represents value, per play, over an average quarterback in the same game situations. Or are they not valid either?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical of you. I'm entering Einstein's definition of insanity trying to reason with you. Dig in those heels and have a nice day

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical of you. I'm entering Einstein's definition of insanity trying to reason with you. Dig in those heels and have a nice day
Great response, I'd expect nothing less. Two different websites that function to show in-depth statistical analysis of players don't paint Dak as being amazing, so that mean's they must be insane. Par for the course, bud.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, OK. Stats and websites. Who needs to watch games? What were his stats the last 9 games of last year?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, OK. Stats and websites. Who needs to watch games? What were his stats the last 9 games of last year?
If they were that amazing, why wouldn't he be rated higher on these websites that do more in-depth analysis than either of us? It isn't as if his first 7 games were a total trainwreck.

Or is this just one those things where you somehow understand subtle nuances that people who are paid to break down game footage don't?

Or is it the much more likely scenario - you're a Dallas homer who can't stand the truth about your QB?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or stats don't tell the difference between throwing to Gronk or Julio in traffic and Cole Beasley and those who use them as absolutes usually don't really understand the game themselves. Stats don't talk about how corners can press hard because no WR on the team can get behind them and even against a press how Dallas ran curls constantly. Stats don't tell how the safeties just sit in the box until Dallas got Cooper and cut off the passing lanes and how teams blitzed with little worry of being beat deep because Dallas had no speed or good WRs. I've laid out what Dak needs to get better on. My favorite stat is the most (one of the most?) come from behind 4th Qtr wins since he has been in the league. Second in wins to Brady since he has been in the league. 2 out of 3 division titles for a guy who wasn't even supposed to play for a couple of years. I know. It's all the OL, I mean Zeke, I mean the defense, I mean luck or is it the weather or astrology???

One thing I'm not is a homer. I point out the good and the bad and have done so here many, many times including on DAk, but that doesn't fit your passive aggressive argument. Wait, my QB is good, remember???

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or stats don't tell the difference between throwing to Gronk or Julio in traffic and Cole Beasley and those who use them as absolutes usually don't really understand the game themselves. Stats don't talk about how corners can press hard because no WR on the team can get behind them and even against a press how Dallas ran curls constantly. Stats don't tell how the safeties just sit in the box until Dallas got Cooper and cut off the passing lanes and how teams blitzed with little worry of being beat deep because Dallas had no speed or good WRs. I've laid out what Dak needs to get better on. My favorite stat is the most (one of the most?) come from behind 4th Qtr wins since he has been in the league. Second in wins to Brady since he has been in the league. 2 out of 3 division titles for a guy who wasn't even supposed to play for a couple of years. I know. It's all the OL, I mean Zeke, I mean the defense, I mean luck or is it the weather or astrology???

One thing I'm not is a homer. I point out the good and the bad and have done so here many, many times including on DAk, but that doesn't fit your passive aggressive argument. Wait, my QB is good, remember???
I found your argument against PFF. I actually responded in that thread by pointing out that while Dallas was 22nd in pass pro grade, they were only 1.7 points behind #12, while they were over 3 points better than #26. Not that they were elite in pass pro, but they were clearly much closer to being middle of the pack. Oddly enough, you responded by quoting none other than Football Outsiders to try and prove your point. Ironic, no?

In case you didn't know, wins and division titles are a team metric, not a QB metric. So yeah, the OL, Zeke, and the defense were all pretty big contributors.

Bottom line is this (and it's been echoed by several other posters on here): Your QB is good. He's far from elite, and in a lot of relevant stats, he's average to below average. Stats aren't the end all/be all when it comes to QBs, but you don't see high-end QBs put up the numbers Dak does on a regular basis. I've said this now numerous times - this is his make or break year. There are no more excuses. He has arguably the best RB in the NFL who also functions as a pass blocker and receiver. He has a bonafide #1 WR. He has a solid OL. If he comes out this year and still puts up middle of the road numbers in comp%, YPA, TDs, QB rating, QBR, etc. are you still going to be pumping him up as some amazing QB?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said he was an amazing QB and he will never put up big stats unless Dallas changes their Offense or he goes elsewhere. What I dispute is when people act as if he isn't very good at all (even if they follow it up with a half-hearted I said he is good) when he is the single most important player on a Cowboys team that has done well during his tenure and using stats alone either way is silly. Nothing happens in a vacuum and no two QBs situations are the same. He has a lot to improve on but he is the same guy he was in 2016 and actually better. You can't teach clutch and at crunch time Dak has been great. He is fearless, a leader and his teammates believe in him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said he was an amazing QB and he will never put up big stats unless Dallas changes their Offense or he goes elsewhere. What I dispute is when people act as if he isn't very good at all (even if they follow it up with a half-hearted I said he is good) when he is the single most important player on a Cowboys team that has done well during his tenure and using stats alone either way is silly. Nothing happens in a vacuum and no two QBs situations are the same. He has a lot to improve on but he is the same guy he was in 2016 and actually better. You can't teach clutch and at crunch time Dak has been great. He is fearless, a leader and his teammates believe in him.
It's not like they don't throw the ball. He had the 13th most attempts last year. I guess we'll just see what happens this year.