• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Pirates

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night it proves that Nicasio is needed in the Bullpen along with Taillon staying in the Majors.
Shame they blew a pretty good first start for him.

Yeah, Watson struggling and Caminero and Hughes entirely forgetting how to pitch really hurts. That's three guys we could largely (upwards of always in Watson's case) rely on to get the job done not cutting it.

Going into the season, I though the 'pen would be at least as good as last years, with Feliz an upgrade over Soria down the stretch, but the guys we should be able to trust simply haven't performed.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was on short and sweet run the last three years. Hopefully they can get back to be in contention and relevance soon.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you lose 9-3 in 12 innings! The bullpen has way too many issues this year but sadly the 6 runs were given up by the guy we need to go to the bullpen. :L

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys look like it doesn't matter who we bring in for relief, they are going to fail. We are in a serious slump with Cole a question mark now. On another note isn't it really amazing how we are unable to score with runners in scoring position. Second and third with 1 out or in some situations we have NO one out and yet we can't score. We had chance to win that game last in the bottom of the ninth.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It finally came to an end, shame all the potential.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is becoming disappointing.....Down 4-0 now and McCutchen's slump continues.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think Bucs can get for Cutch? Would you trade him for a top starter, reliever/closer and a .280 hitter?

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Cutch, but I don't see that happening. Now would be the ultimate sell low. I'd put Joyce in his spot, moving Marte to center, then next year Meadows comes up.

Need Taillon and Kuhl to provide a boost to the rotation, with Glasnow soon after and Nicasio solidifying the pen. That's a lot of needs, but all 3 could easily happen. 90

I don't think it's time to throw in the towel yet. But that's what happens every year. I don't see 2 wild card teams getting close to 100 wins this season. 90 wins and a road wild card game could get them in. Probably don't have to worry about getting Mad Bum or Arrieta in a wild card game this year.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutch is definitely in a slump, however the Watson and Hughes debacles really hurt this team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Cutch, but I don't see that happening. Now would be the ultimate sell low. I'd put Joyce in his spot, moving Marte to center, then next year Meadows comes up.

Need Taillon and Kuhl to provide a boost to the rotation, with Glasnow soon after and Nicasio solidifying the pen. That's a lot of needs, but all 3 could easily happen. 90

I don't think it's time to throw in the towel yet. But that's what happens every year. I don't see 2 wild card teams getting close to 100 wins this season. 90 wins and a road wild card game could get them in. Probably don't have to worry about getting Mad Bum or Arrieta in a wild card game this year.

Meadows probably won't be ready next year, certainly not at the start, and Joyce isn't as good as the start of his season has been. And we most certainly shouldn't sell this low on Cutch. Let him try to recover. If you trade Cutch, you want to trade good Cutch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after today there is ZERO excuse to send Taillon back down.

I don't think they intended to anyway. But man, he looked sharp. I know he dropped in prospect rankings because of the injuries, but the stuff, the command, and the poise are all definitely still there. The two seamer was so live tonight, and his curveball borders on unfair. And he seems to be able to throw each wherever he wants to.

Lots of experts said he was probably going to be a middle rotation type of arm. I can't imagine him being worse than a number two after seeing him these first two appearances.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after today there is ZERO excuse to send Taillon back down.

I concur. This is the guy who had Tommy john surgery. Look like he is going to make a great comeback. If this pitching staff continue to struggle, Glasnow should also be call up soon. He has some control issues but our present PS have the same issues also. Lets call him up and give him some time especially if some body have an injury. I wish there is away we can call up Bell also, Jaso and Rod are struggling mightly.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutch is definitely in a slump, however the Watson and Hughes debacles really hurt this team.

I agree. If they would put him out as trade bait I think most teams will dismiss what is happening this season and see that he has numerous years of upside. I hate the thought of trading him, he seems to be content and happy to play in the Burgh. I was just throwing that/him out. Same could go for trading Polanco, Kang or Gerritt or even Marte. Is it something to consider or should they try to regroup after this season, hold the line and hopefully load up better next year with what they have and open up check book for a few pitchers?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur. This is the guy who had Tommy john surgery. Look like he is going to make a great comeback. If this pitching staff continue to struggle, Glasnow should also be call up soon. He has some control issues but our present PS have the same issues also. Lets call him up and give him some time especially if some body have an injury. I wish there is away we can call up Bell also, Jaso and Rod are struggling mightly.

Why can't they call Bell up?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If they would put him out as trade bait I think most teams will dismiss what is happening this season and see that he has numerous years of upside. I hate the thought of trading him, he seems to be content and happy to play in the Burgh. I was just throwing that/him out. Same could go for trading Polanco, Kang or Gerritt or even Marte. Is it something to consider or should they try to regroup after this season, hold the line and hopefully load up better next year with what they have and open up check book for a few pitchers?

All of those guys are part of the regroup for next season. They have help very close to the Majors in AA and AAA. Selling is kind of pointless.

The only guys I'd consider dealing if we're sellers at the deadline are Melancon, Feliz, Niese, Jaso, Joyce, SeanRod, and Freese. No reason to trade away average or better starters at every position or our best starting pitcher. Jaso we can deal because Bell's bat is just about ready, but we don't have replacements in AAA for anyone else, and all of them are under team control through at least 2018.

So we can deal back of the rotation and bullpen arms and bench pieces (I suspect the market for Freese could be quite nice), but the starting 8 and top of the rotation guys we keep.

If Liriano recovers his form, and Glasnow takes a step forward in AAA (honestly not massive ifs), our rotation next season could be filthy. The starters are set. We have options in AAA for the bench, and bench players and bullpen arms we can add fairly easily in free agency. If we sell, it should be minor, because as things stand, 2017 looks like it could be a great year for the Bucs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those guys are part of the regroup for next season. They have help very close to the Majors in AA and AAA. Selling is kind of pointless.

The only guys I'd consider dealing if we're sellers at the deadline are Melancon, Feliz, Niese, Jaso, Joyce, SeanRod, and Freese. No reason to trade away average or better starters at every position or our best starting pitcher. Jaso we can deal because Bell's bat is just about ready, but we don't have replacements in AAA for anyone else, and all of them are under team control through at least 2018.

So we can deal back of the rotation and bullpen arms and bench pieces (I suspect the market for Freese could be quite nice), but the starting 8 and top of the rotation guys we keep.

If Liriano recovers his form, and Glasnow takes a step forward in AAA (honestly not massive ifs), our rotation next season could be filthy. The starters are set. We have options in AAA for the bench, and bench players and bullpen arms we can add fairly easily in free agency. If we sell, it should be minor, because as things stand, 2017 looks like it could be a great year for the Bucs.

I cant believe we are probably going to be sellers, but i agree dump the bullpen and fringe starters and clear a spot for Bell.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was on short and sweet run the last three years. Hopefully they can get back to be in contention and relevance soon.
Yeah, can't expect much more than what we got the last 3 years as a small market team in the Money League.

Be prepared for the next 20 years of futility.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this stinks that Diaz is hurt. They had to call up Jacob Stallings who is batting .199/.242/.340 in AAA to backup Eric Kratz!