• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NHL Draft/ Free Agency

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the toughest one to decide on. Not sure he beats any of those guys out for top 6 and the 3rd line was a toss up. I'm not sure I like him in that role over the other 2 wingers there. Good problem to have though. Maybe JJ gets bumped down and you could play Zacha at center?
Hey hey, sorry to leave you hanging!

Its funny, idk if you feel the same, but it almost feels that we are stacked with players but at the same time we don't have those players to take us over the top...

My guess/crack:

Boucher-Henrique-Camm
Palmieri-Zajac-Smith-Pelley
Blandisi-JJ-Zacha

For top 3 only... I think even Pal n Boucher should switch but for balance purposes as is.

Kalinan seems to fall out of top 3...

DSP for me earned some time in the 2nd line... until someone smacks me otherwise lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that tweet. I'm fine giving up severson for Hopkins easily!

This summer quality d men could be had. Yandle gologski to a lesser extent kulikov all moved this summer alone. Next year shatenkirk is a ufa.

Land Hopkins and turn around and offer stamkos 7 for 11 a year.

Palmeri stamkos Henrique
Boucher Hopkins zacha
Blendsi zajac smith pelley/Bennett

Yeah I know I can dream lol
If RNH is truly available, i hope we can offer a package to EDM and have them bite.... it will be such a good move for us....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol i was thinking the same thing about us being "stacked" with players but its really just players with potential. i'm glad gone are the tootoo's ruutuu's giontas. the players we have at the very least have a little upside

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention there's Elias still out there and not retired... if he's healthy, still with NJ, i bet he's playing 2nd line....

Well there's still a 4th line out there too lol.... Gionta i bet stays, Farnham stays, Kennedy....

oh wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Tlusty is still with us? Holy moley, I literally forgot about Bennett and for moving our damn 3rd, you know he's playing...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From HockeyBuzz:

Rumors

#1. It really looks like Demers is going to sign in Edmonton. I am adding him to the chart today and putting Edmonton around 70%

#2. A surprising number of teams are saying they are going to stay put and not do anything on UFA Day. That makes this situation all the more tenuous for several of the UFA's out there.

#3. It sounds like we will see more and more players signing back with their original teams for discounted salaries than we have seen in previous years.

#4. A few people I talk to believe we may not see the big players traded (Shattenkirk, Fowler, Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins until after the Free Agent Frenzy shakes down.

#5. Stamkos looks like he will decide relatively quickly and it will get done on July 1st or July 2nd. Detroit, Toronto, and Tampa are the favorites as of now, but the Islanders are putting up a big push I am told.

#6. Once Stamkos gets done the flood gates will open. Eriksson and Lucic may have to wait for Stamkos. The Islanders are in on both players I am told.

#7. he Flyers would like to make a play for Brouwer or Okposo but would need to be able to deal Mark Streit first. It is possible that the Bruins or the Kings could take a flyer on Streit. The Flyers could make a play for Kris Russell

#8. The Oilers would love to get in on Lucic, but won't be able to unless they can get Nugent-Hopkins or Yakupov dealt quickly, and as I said earlier as of now teams are hesitating to make trades.

#9. The Devils also have interest in Okposo.

#10. Backes is on the Canadiens radar as of last night.

I'm ok with the Okposo interest...

What i don't like is that teams will wait to trade... grr!!!!!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rumor the wild are interested in swapping hopkins for brodin or doumba. i think severson is better then both at the least brodin. guess maybe the owners don't really want to add that much payroll? i'm just tired of being a team that is going to struggle to score goals.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor the wild are interested in swapping hopkins for brodin or doumba. i think severson is better then both at the least brodin. guess maybe the owners don't really want to add that much payroll? i'm just tired of being a team that is going to struggle to score goals.
Its the Devils way.... lol

But yea... getting tired of being the short end of the stick since the Kovy deal....

actually when was the last time we made a move for an up n comer and not someone on the end of his career?

Throw in Minny again... steal our Parise and now RNH... wtf!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hopkins would probably hate going to minnesota parise at the end of his prime suter is still going strong. they have no hope in that central division either.

if i'm hopkins my hope would be to come out east where its wide open for playoff teams on any given year and the travel is a lot easier

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton is just killing me!!!!!!!!!!!! over the years the Oilers with an abundance in off talent and NJD in an abundance of def talent(maybe not as high) just never got a deal done!!!!

fuck sakes, even Yakupov!!!! thats how desperate we are lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i see mention of shatenkirk being moved for hall/hopkins not for anything he is a UFA after this season. whats to say he stays there? who would want to stay there?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shattenkirk, coming from the New Jersey Devils Youth Hockey Organization, better not screw us lol...

man... i think i just need to step back from hockey... my "wants" are too much yet somewhat capable of being realistic that its consuming me lol....

Trying to trick EDM into our favor before other teams find better options.....

hell, trade for RNH n Shattenkirk for all i care...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they make a move for Hopkins and it costs severson then you have to think a deal would be in the works for a defenseman. I'm fine having a 70pt center man in Hopkins then going to add a d man like shatenkirk that's a nice 1-2 in Larsson and Kirk. They have 29 million in cap space I believe. Cory is in his prime pull the trigger. This team can't afford more playoff misses

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sold on RNH for $6 million per? I know he was drafted high and I guess the potential is there but I feel like he has struggled to stay healthy and hasn't produced a ton. I know Edmonton isn't great but they are almost entirely an offensive team. Just playing Devils Advocate (no pun intended).

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Saw on Twitter tsn Bob Mckenzie

Reporting a deal hall to nj is very close to being done. Would link it but I'm on my phone