• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NHL Draft/ Free Agency

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a healthy Camm we make the playoffs. We finally have a legit top line and our second line should be able to add scoring as well. Maybe I'm overrating some of our guys but I believe our bottom 6 will be better than most teams in the league.

The D as a whole will be good but I do worry a bit about whether or not we have someone to slot in on the top pairing with Greene. Larsson may not be Hedman but he was a bona fide top pairing defenseman and we may not have an immediate replacement. We have plenty of solid 2nd pairing guys, hoping one of them can step up.

Cory is Cory and I thought both Kinkaid and Wedgewood proved they can at least be adequate.

With Cory we'll always be in games and with Hall + a healthy Camm I think we have the fire power to finally swing some of those one goal losses into wins. This is a playoff team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah the key is a healthy cam. if hes healthy he should be good for 20-25 goals. if he is out those are big mins some rookie will have to fill.

bottom 6 looks good on paper but they need to actually step up. if they can chip in with some timely goals that would be huge!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we(the coaches) should give Camm some legit time off during stretches into the season.... help prevent any injuries wherever on his body

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys see as the likely D pairings?

I'd like to try Severson with Greene as he was so successful paired with him rookie season until his injury

Greene-Severson
Moore-Lovejoy
Santini-Merrill-Hegelson (did we offer him a contract?)-scarlett- mocjick (sp?)-???

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene - Severson for sure
Moore - Lovejoy... i don't know too much about Lovejoy TBH
Merrill - Santini/Hegs... i think Hegs gets the nod til Santini gets into a comfort zone but I've been waiting for Santini since he was drafted... excited for his opportunity.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene - Severson for sure
Moore - Lovejoy... i don't know too much about Lovejoy TBH
Merrill - Santini/Hegs... i think Hegs gets the nod til Santini gets into a comfort zone but I've been waiting for Santini since he was drafted... excited for his opportunity.
Problem is I have zero confidence in Merrill

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the young guys beats out Lovejoy for the 2nd pairing and he'll wind up being a 3rd pairing guy.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translation, Shanahan told him to hand out the rookie bonuses to Auston Matthews.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Merrill has a bounce back year this year....

His rookie/first yr was very good IIRC, he's not a lost cause... he'll bring it.
We'll have to agree to disagree on his 1st year. I thought he was slow, shaky and inconsistent and lacked physicality for a guy his size and I think he got worse last year

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol that is too funny with Lou.

He wanted to run things the Bj way but now I guess he realizes that it's outdated and second that Toronto isn't a small market like no and won't put up with his shit. He should just retire I mean the fact he can't get conte up there proves how little juice he has