• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Salary Cap Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trai Turner played RG last year when the Panthers made it to the Super Bowl and was a probowler... Jamie Collins started when the pats won the SB and again the next year when they almost made it and was selected to the probowl for good measure... both under 1mil... :dingdingding:

Dear Lord we got it they were good picks. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard Turner goes both ways

And Jamie Collins is on the Browns now...so nobody knows who he is. He is officially a slapdick :pound:
I liked Turner and Collins alot too, but I'm gonna have to knock them both down a bit, just to young to evaluate
:wash:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, but there is a difference with being absent when things are going well, and when things are going bad... when things go bad, and you are missing your best player things get worse MUCH faster... when things are going well, you just adapt, and it is not as hurtful...
:burt:Spin....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, name the other QB's in NFL history that were backups or rookies and started out 8-1...Big Ben. That's it. No Montana, Marino, Brady, ARod, Manning Unitas. Pretty freaking good.
I also remember what everyone was saying after Dak tore it up in preseason...just wait till he plays a real game. The fact is, if TWill goes out of bounds against the Giants in the opener, this team could well be 9-0. And that is with a defense that has Sean Lee and a whole lot of 1st and 2nd year guys and street FA's.

We get you are a cowboys fan, and we get that Dak is doing well... nobody has said he is shit, just that he is impossible to rank...

Question.

For one season and one season only, which current QB would you rather have Dak Prescott or a healthy Tony Romo??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Weeden

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, name the other QB's in NFL history that were backups or rookies and started out 8-1...Big Ben. That's it. No Montana, Marino, Brady, ARod, Manning Unitas. Pretty freaking good.
I also remember what everyone was saying after Dak tore it up in preseason...just wait till he plays a real game. The fact is, if TWill goes out of bounds against the Giants in the opener, this team could well be 9-0. And that is with a defense that has Sean Lee and a whole lot of 1st and 2nd year guys and street FA's.

QB Winzzzzz

I mean I think daks pretty good but he is in a great situation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Angry-Peyton-Manning-Stare.gif

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get you are a cowboys fan, and we get that Dak is doing well... nobody has said he is shit, just that he is impossible to rank...

Question.

For one season and one season only, which current QB would you rather have Dak Prescott or a healthy Tony Romo??
That's a good question. For this team, today, I would honestly take Dak. I think either would do well, Romo was 13-3 his last healthy season. No one is a bigger fan of Tony than I am. I think Romo would have better stats, he would control the game at the line of scrimmage, all that...but I think the team has a better chance to win playoff games with Dak.
The style of play that Dak has is a perfect fit for this team. Understand, I don't see this team winning it to the Super Bowl no matter which guy is the QB. The most talented guys on the D are too young, and there isn't enough pass rush.

I will say this, and you can mark this in stone....Dallas will be a MONSTER in a couple of years. A lot of people outside Dallas don't know this, but Stephen Jones and Wil McClay started calling the shots for the Cowboys a few years ago instead of Jerry. Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Football over Zach Martin, Stephen made the call. If you look at where the Cowboys were talent wise and with the salary cap 5 years ago, they were terrible. They had the WORST OL in football, hands down. Stephen has the cap in great shape, and has probably added more star talent through the draft the last few years than anyone. Give him a couple of more drafts to fix the defense and enough money to actually sign a FA, and watch out... and...IF Jaylon Smith were to make it back next year....oh my

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. For this team, today, I would honestly take Dak. I think either would do well, Romo was 13-3 his last healthy season. No one is a bigger fan of Tony than I am. I think Romo would have better stats, he would control the game at the line of scrimmage, all that...but I think the team has a better chance to win playoff games with Dak.
The style of play that Dak has is a perfect fit for this team. Understand, I don't see this team winning it to the Super Bowl no matter which guy is the QB. The most talented guys on the D are too young, and there isn't enough pass rush.

I will say this, and you can mark this in stone....Dallas will be a MONSTER in a couple of years. A lot of people outside Dallas don't know this, but Stephen Jones and Wil McClay started calling the shots for the Cowboys a few years ago instead of Jerry. Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Football over Zach Martin, Stephen made the call. If you look at where the Cowboys were talent wise and with the salary cap 5 years ago, they were terrible. They had the WORST OL in football, hands down. Stephen has the cap in great shape, and has probably added more star talent through the draft the last few years than anyone. Give him a couple of more drafts to fix the defense and enough money to actually sign a FA, and watch out... and...IF Jaylon Smith were to make it back next year....oh my

Should I get my Sean Lee Jersey now?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, i'm confused is it a team game or is it the QB, you keep going back and forth and i'm not sure where we're at...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So starting tonight I will be mostly unavailable to draft, so feel free to skip me in a shortened time if needed.

I am no longer satisfied losing vcash, I am off to lose the real thing!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, i'm confused is it a team game or is it the QB, you keep going back and forth and i'm not sure where we're at...
No I'm not, I'm responding to other posts. QB is the most important position on the field, but even the best QB can't win without a team. Dan Marino has zero Super Bowls, and he is the best to ever lace them up
Only difference between a 4-12 and 8-1 team is two rookies. Figure that out

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not, I'm responding to other posts. QB is the most important position on the field, but even the best QB can't win without a team. Dan Marino has zero Super Bowls, and he is the best to ever lace them up

I think our discussion is different than the one you are having with the other nay sayers. I have already mentioned that I like Dak and he's playing very well but his career is 9 games old and there is no way when I vote (Just me, i'm not telling others to vote this way) When I vote he will probably be looked at like the weakest QB in the draft regardless of how good he's been in 9 games, i'm just not ready to assume after 9 games that hes a perennial pro bowler and will lead the Cowboys to many playoff victories and a Super Bowl. Maybe if we do a draft like this next year my feelings on that could be different, but as of right now, that's how I am looking at it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our discussion is different than the one you are having with the other nay sayers. I have already mentioned that I like Dak and he's playing very well but his career is 9 games old and there is no way when I vote (Just me, i'm not telling others to vote this way) When I vote he will probably be looked at like the weakest QB in the draft regardless of how good he's been in 9 games, i'm just not ready to assume after 9 games that hes a perennial pro bowler and will lead the Cowboys to many playoff victories and a Super Bowl. Maybe if we do a draft like this next year my feelings on that could be different, but as of right now, that's how I am looking at it.
That's fine, I will look at your QB as a great regular season QB and a postseason choke artist when voting

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heck with Dak, I took Jameis Winston for my QB because of his cannon for a arm. Throwing to Allen Robinson who has ridiculous jumping ability/fighting for the ball and having Randy Moss I like the pick more and more.