• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, 8-8 would be ok this season. We still don't have a quality QB, and the O-line is yet unproven. Guess its possible Gabbert and maybe even Kaep, are better suited in Kelly's offense? Not that we'll then become contenders, but then 8-8 is even more attainable.

Last years draft class will really start to contribute this season. i expect Buckner and Garnett to contribute now, so that will help this years team. Not expecting much from the rest of the rookies, THIS season.

Armstead, Taart and Harold should contribute quite a bit this upcoming season. I expect Armstead and Taart to start with Harold competing for an OLB starting position. Agree that Buckner and Garnett should contribute immediately and depending on the status of Dorsey and Williams, I could see Blair receive a fair amount of snaps. I am wondering who will be the other starting CB besides from Brock. I know Ward played a lot of nickel last year and he will probably be that guy again. I think Bethea will be released or traded for a late round pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after 1 practice writers are saying Buckner looks like a beast and Garnett look really good. Also some positive news is RB Taylor look apart. Most surprising player that looked excellent was WR Aaron Burbridge.

Negative news the 2 late picks at OLine look slow and stiff.

Its only 1 day. LOL

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well after 1 practice writers are saying Buckner looks like a beast and Garnett look really good. Also some positive news is RB Taylor look apart. Most surprising player that looked excellent was WR Aaron Burbridge.

Negative news the 2 late picks at OLine look slow and stiff.

Its only 1 day. LOL

http://ninerfans.com/sakamoto-49ers...-rookie-practice-og-fahn-cooper-coming-along/

this guy didn't report slow and stiff, only that Garnett stood out. But we'd expect Garnett to stand out.

In fact, he already thinks Cooper has a good chance.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear yeah I forgot what writer I saw but said they were slow and stiff but did say it was their 1st practice. So he wasn't concerned.

If Buckner and Garnett become impact players then I would say that would make this draft pretty good

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Buckner and Garnett become impact players then I would say that would make this draft pretty good

two guys you draft in the first round better become impact players. People just want to give this idiot Baalke a pass and not hold him accountable for his failures including the owner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
two guys you draft in the first round better become impact players. People just want to give this idiot Baalke a pass and not hold him accountable for his failures including the owner.

No you're wrong, we're just giving our opinions of his 2016 draft. The topic isn't what Baalke did with coaches, what he did with the cap, what he ate for lunch yesterday, but his 2016 draft. We all know his fortunes rise and fall with drafts, and this one in particular is HUGE.

So no, saying he drafted well isn't trying to give him a pass. It isn't to avoid holding him accountable. How do you come up with this anyway?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're wrong, we're just giving our opinions of his 2016 draft. The topic isn't what Baalke did with coaches, what he did with the cap, what he ate for lunch yesterday, but his 2016 draft. We all know his fortunes rise and fall with drafts, and this one in particular is HUGE.

So no, saying he drafted well isn't trying to give him a pass. It isn't to avoid holding him accountable. How do you come up with this anyway?

Clearly you didn't read what the person I quoted posted. Saying it would be a pretty good draft if the two guys you took in the first round turned into impact players is giving Baalke a pass, they sure as hell better turn into impact players or he'll need a new job. That isn't holding him accountable, if those are the only two players that make any impact on this team then it was a huge failure.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very few fans are giving Baalke a pass these days. If the first two drafted guys become impact players, then it is a good draft. Often those players taken become busts or disappointments as we've seen with some of Baalke's picks. You won't see anyone giving Baalke a pass here.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few fans are giving Baalke a pass these days. If the first two drafted guys become impact players, then it is a good draft. Often those players taken become busts or disappointments as we've seen with some of Baalke's picks. You won't see anyone giving Baalke a pass here.

I don't think it's enough to only have two impact players out a draft that you had 12 picks originally and ended up making 10 selections and only have the top 2 guys make an impact. I'm sorry but that isn't good enough not to me. I know I'm probably holding Baalke to standards he can't meet but that's because he isn't a good GM.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No doubt that would be the start, that these first two guys pan out.

The more i think about it, the more i like how Baalke addressed NB (Redmond). I'm referring to the idea as opposed to Redmond himself. NB is a key position nowadays, with teams going 3 AND 4 wides. Not to mention it covers Ward in event of injury.

Don't think you can just get any CB to play NB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think it's enough to only have two impact players out a draft that you had 12 picks originally and ended up making 10 selections and only have the top 2 guys make an impact. I'm sorry but that isn't good enough not to me. I know I'm probably holding Baalke to standards he can't meet but that's because he isn't a good GM.

not probably, you are. You started doing this months before the draft, and just continuing it now. I'm sure you'll continue to be negative the rest of the season.....and next.

no one is proclaiming that Baalke is good.

Last edited:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not probably, you are. You started doing this months before the draft, and just continuing it now. I'm sure you'll continue to be negative the rest of the season.....and next.

no one is proclaiming that Baalke is good.

So believing the team should have a good GM is being negative ok Baalke's Daughter. The bottom line is if you only have two players that make an impact like the poster stated that isn't a good draft especially when both guys were first rounders and should be good players if the GM is worth a damn. I don't have faith in Baalke and won't until he turns things around.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So believing the team should have a good GM is being negative ok Baalke's Daughter. The bottom line is if you only have two players that make an impact like the poster stated that isn't a good draft especially when both guys were first rounders and should be good players if the GM is worth a damn. I don't have faith in Baalke and won't until he turns things around.

You can opine on Baalke all you want, no problem here. But this thread is about the draft and your bias to Baalke is getting in your way. To make it worse, you're accusing us of doing the same, that our like of the draft is a vote for Baalke. So if you want to comment on the draft.....without such strong bias, great. If you want to rant on Baalke, start another thread.

MY opinion isn't two impact players makes this draft, and don't think Pattersen meant that either. but again, your opinion of Baalke made you conclude it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can opine on Baalke all you want, no problem here. But this thread is about the draft and your bias to Baalke is getting in your way. To make it worse, you're accusing us of doing the same, that our like of the draft is a vote for Baalke. So if you want to comment on the draft.....without such strong bias, great. If you want to rant on Baalke, start another thread.

MY opinion isn't two impact players makes this draft, and don't think Pattersen meant that either. but again, your opinion of Baalke made you conclude it.

Then why post it would be a pretty good draft if Buckner and Garrnett become impact players? That would mean it's a good draft I don't agree if that is all they get out the 10 picks they had. Overall I'm not impressed with how they maneuvered in the draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why post it would be a pretty good draft if Buckner and Garrnett become impact players? That would mean it's a good draft I don't agree if that is all they get out the 10 picks they had. Overall I'm not impressed with how they maneuvered in the draft.
In my opinion They need to find 3-4 starters from Day 1(game 1). Then find 2 Depth players. This would of made it a great draft. I think overall we did ok. I do think boh 1st rd picks are going to be good for this team. I think we might of got someone special in Buckner. I just wish the rest of the draft was as good or close to it. I think we found 2 starters and 1 Depth player from Day 1(1st game). Not bad. Maybe another 2 future starters.

We just have to wait and see.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all know Baalke terribly blew some of his latest drafts and the current state of the roster is on him. If we are taking "impact " players and not just backup or reserve players. Anything beyond the 3rd round is a crap shoot. Look at the recent drafts of some of the GMs of teams that are supposedly top GMs and it is surprising just how many picks they whiffed on.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know Baalke terribly blew some of his latest drafts and the current state of the roster is on him. If we are taking "impact " players and not just backup or reserve players. Anything beyond the 3rd round is a crap shoot. Look at the recent drafts of some of the GMs of teams that are supposedly top GMs and it is surprising just how many picks they whiffed on.

I agree he should have moved back into the 2nd round but oh well it is what it is. All I can do is hope for the best and expect the worst.