• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I hear ya. said the same thing about Kobe if HE had ever switched teams...

Kobe is so yesterday. I suggest ya focus on the new face of the franchise Swappy P!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pipe dream for me. Dirk has been one of my favorite players of all time. If the Mavs land one big free agent this off-season, there's absolutely no way Dirk leaves. He said the only reason he'd ever consider leaving is if the Mavs went through a rebuild. Even then, I'm not really sure he'd ever be open to leaving.

If the Warriors went out and got Durant though, would Dirk then consider taking the MLE?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipe dream for me. Dirk has been one of my favorite players of all time. If the Mavs land one big free agent this off-season, there's absolutely no way Dirk leaves. He said the only reason he'd ever consider leaving is if the Mavs went through a rebuild. Even then, I'm not really sure he'd ever be open to leaving.

If the Warriors went out and got Durant though, would Dirk then consider taking the MLE?

at age 38, I'D certainly consider it...

Dirk has ALSO been on record as saying he'd LOVE to have another ring. and i'm not so sure when THAT'S gonna happen in Big D...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas will end up signing DH.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will end up signing DH.

I actually think Whiteside goes to Dallas. I could see him falling for the recruiting efforts that Dallas will give him. Miami is not known for the hype up recruiting pitches.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Whiteside goes to Dallas. I could see him falling for the recruiting efforts that Dallas will give him. Miami is not known for the hype up recruiting pitches.

think so...?

looked like he was really comfortable in Miami. but then you never know I guess when it comes to money...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think so...?

looked like he was really comfortable in Miami. but then you never know I guess when it comes to money...

I mean, it'll be the same regardless. But Dallas is not a push over city either. I would hope that there'd be some type of mental thinking where Miami stuck by him and gave him a chance when no other team would. But I think Dallas throws the bank at Dallas where Miami won't offer the full max because they'll want to keep Wade as well.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it'll be the same regardless. But Dallas is not a push over city either. I would hope that there'd be some type of mental thinking where Miami stuck by him and gave him a chance when no other team would. But I think Dallas throws the bank at Dallas where Miami won't offer the full max because they'll want to keep Wade as well.

yeah keeping Wade's DEFINITELY a factor. I can see your point...especially after last season when they tried to lock DeAndre Jordan up last year and failed...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but we can't roll out 4-5 players like that. We NEED a veteran in the starting lineup.
Great point.

I think the Lakers should look at a guy like Marvin Williams too.

He can play the 3 and 4 and won't grumble about a bench role.

He is solid. But, not spectacular.....but, is known to be a great locker room guy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs have some key moves they could make in the offseason:

First off, sign Lebron. Bring back Smith and Delly unless Delly wants too much.

Love and Shumpert might be involved in a potential trade or just Love. Maybe for a high draft pick in which they would most likely keep that pick or just trade it for pieces to go around Lebron and Kyrie.

Replace Mozgov.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs have some key moves they could make in the offseason:

First off, sign Lebron. Bring back Smith and Delly unless Delly wants too much.

Love and Shumpert might be involved in a potential trade or just Love. Maybe for a high draft pick in which they would most likely keep that pick or just trade it for pieces to go around Lebron and Kyrie.

Replace Mozgov.

Riddle: Who was Cavs second leading scorer in last years Finals?

mozgov

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is Clarky gonna cost us? Probably going to be a pretty penny I'm sure.

Clarkson?

If the Lakers don't pay him, Philly or the Knicks will.

Here is where things get interesting, that rule applies only to the first two years of the contract. The third and fourth year of a potential deal have no financial restrictions. In the third season, his salary could conceivably rise all the way up to the max. So we could see Clarkson sign a four-year deal somewhere around $60 million, but nearly all of the money would be paid out in the final two years.

Now as Clarkson is extremely valuable and the overall value of the contract would be worthwhile no matter what, the Lakers will match any offer and retain him. However, there is a wrinkle other teams could use to make the deal less attractive to Los Angeles. Opposing teams are able to average the salary cap hit of the total contract over the entire four years, so if Clarkson got $40 million, they could average it out to $10 million per year on their cap sheet if they wished. But the Lakers would have no such option, they’d have to live with his max cap number on the books for those last two seasons. This is how the Rockets stole Jeremy Lin from the Knicks and Ömer Aşık from the Bulls.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...n_to_the_los_angeles_lakers/s1_11773_21098275

Status
Not open for further replies.