• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That all makes sense... but have they really done that, to this point?

In terms of bench... they've lost Ezeli, Rush, Speights, Barbosa... and they've gained West.

Of course there are a couple more roster spots to go so this discussion is premature... but so far - to me - the bench has gotten worse... whether you're looking at a 9 man rotation or a 12 man rotation.

They just got pachulia and KD Lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just got pachulia and KD Lol

We were talking about the Warriors bench.

Of course the starters got better. A little worse at C and WAY, WAY, WAY better at SF.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That all makes sense... but have they really done that, to this point?

In terms of bench... they've lost Ezeli, Rush, Speights, Barbosa... and they've gained West.

Of course there are a couple more roster spots to go so this discussion is premature... but so far - to me - the bench has gotten worse... whether you're looking at a 9 man rotation or a 12 man rotation.

Maybe I should have rephrased as reliable. You know what you're getting from both West and Pachulia on a nightly basis. While Bogut was great when he was on, there were games where he did drift, and his freak injuries always seemed to happen at the most inopportune times.

If you look at our bench last year, aside from Livingston, Barbosa and Iguodala, there was no player that was consistently relied upon because they were such hit and miss players. None of the Warriors bigs were reliable. They were all hit or miss.

The Warriors depth from 1-12 has taken a hit, but 1-8 I believe the Warriors are stronger. I do agree that the last few spots on the roster need to be taken seriously though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Warriors depth, was it helped immensely during the regular season. However in the playoffs, the bench for the Warriors totally disappeared. Speights was pretty much a non-factor for most of the games. Barbosa was hit or miss, but was actually really good in the finals (surprised Kerr didn't give him more run). Rush did well filling in for Barnes, but he was stuck on the bench behind all of our other wings. Ezeli was terrible, Andy V was terrible, McAdoo and Clark were too inexperienced to give any significant run.

The bench needed to be revamped with some quality depth. I think it's more important to have a quality 9 man rotation, than go 12 deep with more spread out talent for the playoffs.

In the regular season it is definitely more important but we saw some of the starters get worn out late in the playoffs even with great depth so it will something they need to get used to over time. Yes, they basically had 3-4 bench players that got significant minutes but it still led to 45 bench points in game 1, 40 in game 2. It wont mean as much in the playoffs but especially helps with injuries in the regular season AND mainly in the playoffs.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about the Warriors bench.

Of course the starters got better. A little worse at C and WAY, WAY, WAY better at SF.
Worse at C offensively, I'd argue they got better at rebounding.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the regular season it is definitely more important but we saw some of the starters get worn out late in the playoffs even with great depth so it will something they need to get used to over time. Yes, they basically had 3-4 bench players that got significant minutes but it still led to 45 bench points in game 1, 40 in game 2. It wont mean as much in the playoffs but especially helps with injuries in the regular season AND mainly in the playoffs.

Wouldn't you agree that alot of that had to do with them putting in such an effort to get to 73?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OOPS...they must have missed those signings??:noidea:

I know Kerr said he hasn't decided if Durant will start or not... but I feel pretty comfortable not including Durant or Pachulia as part of the Warriors bench.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse at C offensively, I'd argue they got better at rebounding.

Yeah, I'd agree Zaza is the better rebounder. But even dismissing offense and looking just at defense.... I'm taking Bogut over Zaza.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors I believe will definitely take more opportunity to rest players this year. Hell if you trotted out a lineup with just 3 of the 4 between Steph, Klay, KD and Draymond, you'll have a great shot to win any game. The depth is always more important in the regular season to stay fresh for the playoffs. Once the playoffs come around, rotations are always tightened.

If you look at the difference between this years series versus the year the Warriors won the championship, the rotation was significantly larger in this years series. The reason the Warriors won (injuries aside) was because they essentially went to an 8 man rotation in the 2015 finals. This year the Warriors were playing 10 or 11 guys almost every game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd agree Zaza is the better rebounder. But even dismissing offense and looking just at defense.... I'm taking Bogut over Zaza.

Underrated factor of Bogut was his facilitation of offense as well. I think with KD that kind of off-sets the need for an additional play maker at center, so it's kind of a wash on offense. Defensively, yes Bogut was a far superior defender. Pachulia is a bit more balanced as a player at C though, which is what the Warriors could probably use more in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have rephrased as reliable. You know what you're getting from both West and Pachulia on a nightly basis. While Bogut was great when he was on, there were games where he did drift, and his freak injuries always seemed to happen at the most inopportune times.

If you look at our bench last year, aside from Livingston, Barbosa and Iguodala, there was no player that was consistently relied upon because they were such hit and miss players. None of the Warriors bigs were reliable. They were all hit or miss.

The Warriors depth from 1-12 has taken a hit, but 1-8 I believe the Warriors are stronger. I do agree that the last few spots on the roster need to be taken seriously though.

Barbosa 6.4 ppg 38% 3 pt
Rush 4.2 ppg 41% 3 pt
Speights 7.1 ppg 38%
Ezeli 7 ppg 5.6 rpg
Lost your 2nd and 3rd leading rebounders and their best offensive rebounder.
Bogut was there for offensive, just great defense and rebounding.

That is 8-12 spots so more in the regular season but still very good production.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you agree that alot of that had to do with them putting in such an effort to get to 73?

Maybe...but it's not like the starters minutes jumped up dramatically. OKC wore them out. They never went to a 7 game series like that before.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me... one of the scariest thing about last season's Warriors was their consistency throughout a game no matter who was playing.

Very rarely did you ever see the other team make a run when Curry & Klay were on the bench.

I do agree with @CitySushi, though, that that doesn't matter quite as much in the playoffs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind him on the Lakers either.

Lakers have a better shot than the Cavs at getting him.

Word is he is looking for 5-7 mill... the Cavs could only offer ~$4 mill with their tax exception.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe...but it's not like the starters minutes jumped up dramatically. OKC wore them out. They never went to a 7 game series like that before.

Who knows, but I think chasing 73 made them play a lot longer and alot harder then they would have under normal circumstances.

#theirchoice

Status
Not open for further replies.