• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm okay with a rebuild. I sat through a 15-win season back in 2008. Difference with some of the Cavs contingent, I'm a team fan, not a player fan. I've been through the dark times, and I can do it again. I'll be a fan regardless.

The day Lebron retires, these motherfuckers are going to be huge Durant/Curry fans in about 5-6 years.

The only reason this is bad for the Heat is that they didn't trade Wade and get some picks or prospects back for him. Losing him outright sets back the rebuild a bit. Do the Heat have all of their 1st round picks moving forward, or do they still owe any of them from trades?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I’m not a $88 player. I’m an elite player in the league."

That was a comment about his signature shoe. His elevated status will elevate the status of his shoe line (he hopes). Just don't let Steph give him any style ideas...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason this is bad for the Heat is that they didn't trade Wade and get some picks or prospects back for him. Losing him outright sets back the rebuild a bit. Do the Heat have all of their 1st round picks moving forward, or do they still owe any of them from trades?

he was a FA, so unless they woulda traded him LAST season it wasn't gonna happen...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings summer league championship run starts tonight!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo he was always an elite player. not sure I take the same thing outta that statement, but who knows...?

No that was more of sarcasm. He has always been an elite player but why is he saying this now. That's all I am saying

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons, Ingram, Devin Booker

Yeah I was just thinking of guys that could get to that status sooner.

I am sold on Simmons' complete game but not on his scoring ability. He is an AWFUL shooter. He has the body type to score inside especially if he plays point forward.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings summer league championship run starts tonight!

I'm betting all of my loot on the 76ers dethroning the current summer league champs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat owe two very lightly protected first round picks to the Suns for Dragic.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo Speights to the Clippers...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Masterfully done by Pat Riley. For public relations, the Godfather makes a competitive offer, but the aging superstar leaves anyway. Pat should send Gar Forman a box of cigars.I hope Jeanie and Jim Buss were taking notes. More importantly, I hope Nick Arison was taking notes. The Chris Bosh retirement or trade will be the next shoe to drop. Now Pat can do what Pat does best. He'll have oodles of cash going into 2017 free agency, a talented young core (including a newly minted lottery pick) to pitch, along with Heat culture and the city of Miami. -- Rich, West Palm Beach.

A: I hereby abdicate to Rich from West Palm Beach. To be quite candid, I often will sift through questions to get one that allows me to offer a desired response. Then this popped into the in-box. Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. The manipulation has been shrewd, deft and handled with just enough hints of regret to pass most muster. But it also was handled without ever creating opportunity for the approach to be questioned as it played out. What remains uncertain, at least from this vantage point, was when it became clear that there could be a need to move on from Wade, to keep his 2017-18 salary from becoming too detrimental. The thought here is that happened once it became apparent that Kevin Durant was not hopping aboard. Had that happened, and with the concession that Hassan Whiteside apparently was willing to make, the 2017 offseason would not have resonated as strongly. But with Durant out of the picture, it had to further steal the approach for next summer, when Riley could potentially land not one, not two . . . OK, two whales, which, we've learned, prefer to swim in packs. Russell Westbrook, meet Blake Griffin. You pass, he'll catch. It is the yearlong fantasy far less possible with Wade on the books for anything too substantive for 2017-18. So the Heat slow-played it, and then no-played. Oh the horror of the he-said, he-said. Or, as it played out, the he-didn't-say, he-didn't-say. No one spoke. Nothing happened. So why is the man with the silver hair smiling over in the corner? Oh well, to be continued in July 2017. Until then, enjoy the kids. They're all right.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GSW blow-up continues.... they've now lost Bogut, Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Rush, & Barbosa

Warriors can't seem to catch a break this off-season. :D

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting all of my loot on the 76ers dethroning the current summer league champs.
They can win the Orlando title, Vegas is going to the Kings. WCS for MVP.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Derrick Williams on the Cavs. Would be a great fit for need, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.