• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you watch the Cavs- and this is different for the Warriors how they share the ball---- but with Kyrie and LeBron when those guys have it going- i dont want anyone else involved- its just gonna throw those 2 off.....the Cavs just need high end role players around those 2 guys.....I like having Love because he does so many things well- he has holes in his game no doubt- but he has some real skills- but you can see that the Cavs dont NEED his offense....

Agree. You have 2 guys the caliber of Lebron and Kyrie going off...the best game plan is everyone else get the hell out the way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade getting close to signing with the Bulls.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish we would rebuild but at least we should be a playoff team and next year we can still sign max player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, can't believe that guy won't be in a Miami uniform.
its a very strange outcome....2 weeks ago it would have been hard to believe...it appears that this whole process was kinda bungled.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe that 2 of the 3 players who are in the arguments of being the best player in the world today is together on the same team...

Imo, thunder had two of the top four.

Of course, the rest of the warriors >>>>>> the rest of the thunder.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats!

gonna be a fun year in the Central....Bulls made some nice moves, Pacers made some nice moves....

East is coming around.
nah u guys got it still. we should compete. the good thing is we have a pg that will pass to wade and butler. i still think its funny that front office wanted to get younger but we got older. wade will be fun to watch.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lame isnt it? especially when Durant had Curry all but beat down 3-1....howd do you choke that lead away, and then go join the team that just crushed your dreams...ughhh...it just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.
Yea. But for you as a Cavs/Lebron fan, everything would be fine. If you lose to GS in the Finals, there's no hating on Bron anymore, as we all expected to see this super team win the title. But on the other hand, if LeBron and the Cavs manage to beat this super team, then LeBron could highly be in the conversation of GOAT again, absolutely putting him in the top 3 all time

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, thunder had two of the top four.

Of course, the rest of the warriors >>>>>> the rest of the thunder.
But still, Russ was never considered at any point of his career as the best player today. Doubtful on as the best player in OKC.

LeBron, Curry, Durant are just on a different conversation.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah u guys got it still. we should compete. the good thing is we have a pg that will pass to wade and butler. i still think its funny that front office wanted to get younger but we got older. wade will be fun to watch.

Kinda wish they would have picked someone other than Valentine now.

Wade, Butler, Valentine all sg's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. They are still far short of the Cavs.
probably if all else is equal but ya never know....some serbian ass-sweat on the floor can change things in a hurry.
Yea. But for you as a Cavs/Lebron fan, everything would be fine. If you lose to GS in the Finals, there's no hating on Bron anymore, as we all expected to see this super team win the title. But on the other hand, if LeBron and the Cavs manage to beat this super team, then LeBron could highly be in the conversation of GOAT again, absolutely putting him in the top 3 all time
oh yah...for LeBron its all gravy this year...including winning a 5th mvp...plus, i think KI has only started to scratch the surface...just get those guys healthy to the playoffs again and ill take my chances.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think bulls are a better team then last year but wanted to rebuild.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo and Wade? Wade may be ready to kill Rondo by midseason.....maybe sooner.

That's a horrendous outside shooting backcourt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard for me to call it "chasing" when he is the main guy...when i think of ring chasing i think of a guy thats going to hang on somewhere and get delivered a ring and just playing a role....

LeBron was THE guy- like u said....thats why i have basically no respect for Durant right now- i think hes truly "chasing" a ring, and just does not want the responsibility

and after watching Kobe, and even Magic- you KNOW- that assumption of responsiblity from your star is everything....without it...its never gonna happen...without Kobe or Wade or Magic or LeBron or Dirk or Pierce saying -this is my fucking title and no one is taking it from me- they wouldnt win.

I dont think Durant has that anymore...i think he got kinda broke by choking that series away.

I agree with a lot of this. I also understand why it's hard to call it ring chasing. I think that ring chasing has changed over the years though. It used to be older guys latching onto a contender for a vet minimum or MLE to try and get ring before the retire.

I think that players today start ring chasing earlier (even in their prime) because they're afraid that they will end up like guys like Barkley and Malone, all time great players who ended up ringless because they waited too long to make a move.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish we would rebuild but at least we should be a playoff team and next year we can still sign max player.

I thought that was what Chicago was trying to do by getting rid of Noah and Rose. Also, there's been talk of trading Butler. I'm a little surprised by this Wade signing, but I guess if you could bring in a star player and hometown guy, you do it despite his age.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are the Bulls doing this offseason? It doesn't make sense.
-Orlando Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.