• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade signs in Chicago, who makes more 3s, the Bulls starting 5, or Curry?
Not sure, but I bet Rondo has Hoiberg washing his drawers before the All-Star break.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Okay. Sure. Let's just ignore the fact that he forced the trade for Love and added other pieces when he got there.

He returned to Cleveland because he knew he could get Gilbert to do what he wanted and get what he wanted. He went there because he knew that Love would be coming and he knew he could make him get the complimentary pieces he wanted.

He was ring chasing. Plain and simple. He figured Miami's window was closing fast, if not already closed and he left for a team where he knew he could get what he needed to contend in one off-season.

I agree with every word you said in the first two paragraphs. Getting what you need to contend is much different than ring chasing. LeBron is good enough to get what he needs to contend in about 15 NBA cities. Cleveland had talent, but were far from a lock.

What LeBron did in 2010 and Durant this year was ring chasing. Huge difference.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmm.....that was on here wasnt it? not on FN...im trying to remember.....im 99% sure, at hte time i was not for the trade.....with how things turned out i think you have to be glad you did it....but damn....i should go back and try and look

Obviously you have to be glad you did it. It's a championship and Love was a starter on the team. There's no way of knowing how things would have worked had they kept Wiggins. Maybe the Cavs would have just won their second consecutive title? Maybe the whole thing would have blown up and they would have been out in the first round?

But let's not pretend Love fit in seamlessly and there were never issues with his role. It's been a struggle the whole time and likely will continue to be unless Love truly figures out how to thrive in a 3rd option role.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly...id have to say Curry...lol. Well....i dunno with Durant there now, we shall see.. hes not getting 20 shots a night anymore.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you have to be glad you did it. It's a championship and Love was a starter on the team. There's no way of knowing how things would have worked had they kept Wiggins. Maybe the Cavs would have just won their second consecutive title? Maybe the whole thing would have blown up and they would have been out in the first round?

But let's not pretend Love fit in seamlessly and there were never issues with his role. It's been a struggle the whole time and likely will continue to be unless Love truly figures out how to thrive in a 3rd option role.
yah Love was a fish out of water, especially under Blatt......under Lue he started to get a lot more comfortable, the Cavs used him in the post more.....but at times he was still a fish out of water.

There was a TON of pressure and scrutiny on the dude....and i gotta say- he played his ass of and had a very big game 7 and made some nice defensive plays and rebounded the shit out of the ball when you least expected it.

I think that Kevin Love is going to benefit from the chamionship more than anyone...the monkeys off his back, the pressure is gone...the scrutiny will be measured down 1000%......

most importantly- Ty Lue will have a whole training camp with him....everyone is healthy....Finally- Love, Kyrie and LeBron have over a seasons worth of games together under their belt, and continuing to play together is only going to make them better....id love to see the # on how many games those 3 have been on the Court together considering LeBrons couple weeks off 2 years ago with his myriad of injuries in december, Love missing games with his back issues and then shoulder, and Kyrie's own injury issues..... i bet if you are counting regular season games its under 100......they sitll have plenty of room to grow together and continue to refine their roles and a full season of Ty Lue at the helm will only help that.

Shit- David Blatt supposedly said before he was fired that "its either me or Kevin Love"...he obviously did not have shit for faith in Love......Lue has done an excellent job getting more out of Kevin, and most importantly, getting him to buy in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with every word you said in the first two paragraphs. Getting what you need to contend is much different than ring chasing. LeBron is good enough to get what he needs to contend in about 15 NBA cities. Cleveland had talent, but were far from a lock.

What LeBron did in 2010 and Durant this year was ring chasing. Huge difference.

Actually, it is when you already know what you're getting.

Also, it's not like Lebron walked onto some juggernaut in Miami. They were bounced out of the first round by the Celtics 4-1 the season before Lebron showed up.

The only reason they were as good as they were was because D-Wade had an MVP caliber year. They're starting lineup, along with Wade was: Jermaine O' Neal, Michael Beasley, Quentin Richardson and Carlos Arroyo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is when you already know what you're getting.

Also, it's not like Lebron walked onto some juggernaut in Miami. They were bounced out of the first round by the Celtics 4-1 the season before Lebron showed up.

The only reason they were as good as they were was because D-Wade had an MVP caliber year. They're starting lineup, along with Wade was: Jermaine O' Neal, Michael Beasley, Quentin Richardson and Carlos Arroyo.
LeBron went to a team with 2 guys that had never made the playoffs as his side kicks....between the two of them they had made an all nba eam twice- love 2nd team 2 times in a row....a coach that had just led Israel to a title.

Durant is going to a team with a two-time MVP, a 2 time runner up DPOY and all nba 2nd team, a repeat 3rd all nba team sg that is one of the better 2 way players in the league---and they all have heaps of playoff and championship experience---- and a coach that has championship experience.

you can try and generalize the two situations into the same thing- but if you do any kind of in depth analysis the situations are not apples to oranges...its more like apples to wrenches.

LeBron LED the Cavs to their championship. Durant is riding the Warriors coattails to his (attempted) title.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade to the bulls

Woj just said so

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Kevin Love is going to benefit from the chamionship more than anyone...the monkeys off his back, the pressure is gone...the scrutiny will be measured down 1000%......

That alone may be huge. He seemed to get the blame every time the Cavs struggled. Some of it was deserved, but a lot wasn't. It's not his fault that he plays with 2 ball dominant players and wasn't getting the same kinds of shots that he got in Minny or would if he had gone to a team that moves the ball more.

Just not feeling like he HAS to hit every shot he takes may loosen him up and help him perform better. It'll likely still be a struggle at times because he's still the square peg. But maybe his edges get rounded a bit. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That alone may be huge. He seemed to get the blame every time the Cavs struggled. Some of it was deserved, but a lot wasn't. It's not his fault that he plays with 2 ball dominant players and wasn't getting the same kinds of shots that he got in Minny or would if he had gone to a team that moves the ball more.

Just not feeling like he HAS to hit every shot he takes may loosen him up and help him perform better. It'll likely still be a struggle at times because he's still the square peg. But maybe his edges get rounded a bit. lol
when you watch the Cavs- and this is different for the Warriors how they share the ball---- but with Kyrie and LeBron when those guys have it going- i dont want anyone else involved- its just gonna throw those 2 off.....the Cavs just need high end role players around those 2 guys.....I like having Love because he does so many things well- he has holes in his game no doubt- but he has some real skills- but you can see that the Cavs dont NEED his offense....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron went to a team with 2 guys that had never made the playoffs as his side kicks....between the two of them they had made an all nba eam twice- love 2nd team 2 times in a row....a coach that had just led Israel to a title.

Durant is going to a team with a two-time MVP, a 2 time runner up DPOY and all nba 2nd team, a repeat 3rd all nba team sg that is one of the better 2 way players in the league---and they all have heaps of playoff and championship experience---- and a coach that has championship experience.

you can try and generalize the two situations into the same thing- but if you do any kind of in depth analysis the situations are not apples to oranges...its more like apples to wrenches.

LeBron LED the Cavs to their championship. Durant is riding the Warriors coattails to his (attempted) title.

Never said that Lebron didn't lead the Cavs to a title. That wasn't the discussion. He led the Heat to 2 titles once he and Wade figured out that he was the better player and should be leading the team.In both cases, he was ring chasing. If he felt he had a better chance to win a ring in Miami, he'd still be there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder where dunleavy and calderon get sent too....i doubt they send dunleavy to the cavs...im sure they found somewhere else they hate a lot less than cleveland to send him.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe that 2 of the 3 players who are in the arguments of being the best player in the world today is together on the same team...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that Lebron didn't lead the Cavs to a title. That wasn't the discussion. He led the Heat to 2 titles once he and Wade figured out that he was the better player and should be leading the team.In both cases, he was ring chasing. If he felt he had a better chance to win a ring in Miami, he'd still be there.
its hard for me to call it "chasing" when he is the main guy...when i think of ring chasing i think of a guy thats going to hang on somewhere and get delivered a ring and just playing a role....

LeBron was THE guy- like u said....thats why i have basically no respect for Durant right now- i think hes truly "chasing" a ring, and just does not want the responsibility

and after watching Kobe, and even Magic- you KNOW- that assumption of responsiblity from your star is everything....without it...its never gonna happen...without Kobe or Wade or Magic or LeBron or Dirk or Pierce saying -this is my fucking title and no one is taking it from me- they wouldnt win.

I dont think Durant has that anymore...i think he got kinda broke by choking that series away.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade to the bulls

Woj just said so

Then it must be true. Wow! I guess Austin Carr's son is just full of shit. I think this is what's best for Miami anyway. It will help them rebuild faster.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls going after the cavs. wade signs with Bulls crazy.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, can't believe that guy won't be in a Miami uniform.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe that 2 of the 3 players who are in the arguments of being the best player in the world today is together on the same team...
so lame isnt it? especially when Durant had Curry all but beat down 3-1....howd do you choke that lead away, and then go join the team that just crushed your dreams...ughhh...it just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.