• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors will either trade for some bigmen, grab some European call up,
or look for a veteran big man willing to play for the league minimum and chasing a ring.

This roster has star power, but it is really weak as hell in the low post now especially on defense.

I cannot imagine Golden State will leave such a glaring weakness wide open for very long.
I think the Warriors will either trade for some bigmen, grab some European call up,
or look for a veteran big man willing to play for the league minimum and chasing a ring.

This roster has star power, but it is really weak as hell in the low post now especially on defense.

I cannot imagine Golden State will leave such a glaring weakness wide open for very long.

Because spacing and small ball is the formula. Post up bigs are almost dead

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Arcidiacono signs a 2 year deal with the Spurs.

Spurs fans, you're getting a great player and team-mate!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Bogut they never really had any post presence. Ezeli was beyond awful. I'm sure they'll find someone on the cheap as they have that kid from Vanderbilt that can play the Ezeli role.
Shaun livingston post ups

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's sour grapes since this is fresh but leaving for a team that can get to the title without you is a coward move. Just my opinion.

It def is.

Free agency is just that.
Owners in general have no loyalty to players.
Players, no loyalty to owners or fans.

It's business first, and the only career they will ever get.

#nomaxcontracts

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for draft picks. Which means no playoffs for quite a few years.

They still have some talent just not title talent. They might actually have to much talent to get a high pick.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance of that happening, none.

Guess we will find out shortly.

If Presti trades Westbrook then he will get a good deal and rebuild. I have zero worries.

Agree.

He is proactive. He will always trade a guy early if he gets a good deal.

Saw something about a sign and trade of Waiters for Gay.

That's like trying to use a bandaid to stop the bleeding on a severed limb.

But, it would keep them above water while Westbrook goes video game on the NBA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will not give up any of their core pieces for a big man, because it is not necessary. Seriously, how many NBA teams have even 1 legit post scoring threat? All they need is a couple bodies that can provide 10-15 minutes of rebounding/rim protection.

As for the Spurs, I agree that Aldridge and Gasol will have their way with Green/Iggy or Durant when the Warriors go small, but I can promise 1 thing:

The Warrior forwards will do a much better job guarding Gasol/Aldridge than Gasol/Aldridge will do guarding them.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors could be losing a lot of depth with the Durant signing, and with Pau Gasol going to San Antonio, I'm not so sure the Warriors win that series.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors could be losing a lot of depth with the Durant signing, and with Pau Gasol going to San Antonio, I'm not so sure the Warriors win that series.

I agree. Depth is going to kill GS in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.