• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau to the spurs is a great move. I do know that they will try to pound us in the paint now

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ws better get some big men soon

If Aldridge could chew them up with Ezili and Bogut on the roster.

Gasol & Aldridge will have a field day against them without those 2 big men.

I am sure GS has some moves left, but they are extremely vulnerable in the front court

Im pretty confident with green guarding aldridge tho. He doesnt scare me

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC should've thought about trying to spend as much money as possible. They've always nickel and dimed their roster relying on Westbrook and KD while having Sam Presti as a GM. This finally caught up with them.

@Scapegoat looks like your team won't be going back to the conference finals as well, huh?

Yeah. I was wrong about this one.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau to the spurs is a great move. I do know that they will try to pound us in the paint now

Just need to find a serviceable big man to be a presence in the paint. That might mean Zaza's coming over from Dallas. Which is really all you need.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Warriors will either trade for some bigmen, grab some European call up,
or look for a veteran big man willing to play for the league minimum and chasing a ring.

This roster has star power, but it is really weak as hell in the low post now especially on defense.

I cannot imagine Golden State will leave such a glaring weakness wide open for very long.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Column circa 2011:

WESTBROOK - DURANT - HARDEN

That is a super team that is destined to win multiple titles!!
3 young guys (each of whom can easily be MVP candidates) on the same team.

Then you add a solid defensive superstar in Serge Ibaka and cagey do everything Jeff Green.
They should win every title from 2011-2017.

I cannot wait to see this dynasty unfold in Oklahoma City.

You fail to mention the person that put it all together is still there. Presti built it once and can build it again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors will either trade for some bigmen, grab some European call up,
or look for a veteran big man willing to play for the league minimum and chasing a ring.

This roster has star power, but it is really weak as hell in the low post now especially on defense.

I cannot imagine Golden State will leave such a glaring weakness wide open for very long.

Outside of Bogut they never really had any post presence. Ezeli was beyond awful. I'm sure they'll find someone on the cheap as they have that kid from Vanderbilt that can play the Ezeli role.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked he ended up in China. What's the current length of his Rockets contract?

Team option this year.
He's actually on their Vegas summer league roster.

I'll be there to see him.
@gordontrue , you coming, I'll get you a selfie with him..:nod:

#priceless

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fail to mention the person that put it all together is still there. Presti built it once and can build it again.

Thunder are in a bad situation with a rebuild in the foreseeable distance. I have faith in Sam Presti, but it's likely that the Thunder will have to hit the reset button. At least they have some young assets like Oladipo and Steve Adams on the roster. Personally, I'd trade Westbrook for as many picks as you can get.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good man. It sucks going from contender to middling team. We're just two years from that, it's rough. :suds:

It will be interesting to see what Presti does now. He's a dealer. I have always thought Westbrook liked it in OKC more than Durant. But this proves you just never know. Presti is really good in the draft so he might trade Westbrook off to someone like Boston for some picks and a player.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder are in a bad situation with a rebuild in the foreseeable distance. I have faith in Sam Presti, but it's likely that the Thunder will have to hit the reset button. At least they have some young assets like Oladipo and Steve Adams on the roster. Personally, I'd trade Westbrook for as many picks as you can get.

I have faith in the ownership and Presti. It'll all work out. They are built like the Spurs. OKC will be fine.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it's sour grapes since this is fresh but leaving for a team that can get to the title without you is a coward move. Just my opinion.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Bogut they never really had any post presence. Ezeli was beyond awful. I'm sure they'll find someone on the cheap as they have that kid from Vanderbilt that can play the Ezeli role.

They won't need any scoring from that position.
They just need some rebounding, and D.

Not sure who is out there but I'm sure they can find players similar to UD, Bird, Anthony, etc..

ZaZa would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.