• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on FA so far:

-Best deal so far is Clarkson 4 years, 50 mil. He could honestly get more. Great deal for LA but he should fire his agent

-Worst deal so far. Tie between Mozgov and Evan Turner. If you make me pick, I'll go Mozgov because he's not a fit AT ALL and reeks of a panic move. Turner is overpaid but at least he's somewhat serviceable. Neither one of these deals is good.

-Congratulations to Memphis on locking yourself into mediocrity for the next 4 or 5 years. That team had tapped itself out as a 4 or 5 seed the last handful of years. They resign Conley and bring in Parsons to be...a 4 or 5 seed for the foreseeable future. Conley is a really good player. He'd be an all star if he didn't play in the loaded West. I'm fine with him getting that money. I'm not fine with Memphis giving him that money. At some point as a team, they have to realize they achieved all that they can achieve with Conley, Gasol, and Zbo. Parsons isn't making them dramatically better. Memphis has a great run. They were legit threats to get to the Finals for 3 years or so. There's no shame in realizing they aren't breaking that ceiling and moving on. Not every team should strip down and start over but Memphis is one of them. All they've done is delay the inevitable by 3 to 4 years.

-WTF is Orlando doing? DJ Augustin? Ok money for a backup guard I guess but Jeff Green? Really? And they pay him 15 mil, a number they weren't willing to pay Tobias Harris just last year despite Harris being a better, younger player with potential to be loads better? Orlando is drunk.

-Poor Dirk. Keeps giving up money and Dallas can't ever sign anybody. He should just ask Mark Cuban for the max this year (like 30+ mil for him), play out the year, and then go ring chase next year and retire.

-The Howard deal is...actually not all that bad. Polite clap to Atlanta.
I'm torn on what Memphis did. I like the roster on paper for next year but...4 or 5 seed if things work out seems right. Zbo isn't probably a long term factor, though. I'd imagine the idea is to keep the core going while being able to look differently in 2 years.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEND THE CAVS KORVER!!!! you can have Iman Shumpert!!! or nothing and just open up cap space...i dont give a flying fuck! PLLLLLLLEASE griffin make this happen somehow...i want to see Korver shoot 60% from 3 with the open looks Kyrie, Lebron and Klove would get him. the defense might be a bitch, but o well.

He would be a good fit for the Cavs, but I don't think the Hawks are looking to lose him. We're only paying him eight million, and despite his horrible defense, he still fits our scheme well. It'd make more sense to just trade Prince and Bembry and Splitter (and re-sign Humphries).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a good fit for the Cavs, but I don't think the Hawks are looking to lose him. We're only paying him eight million, and despite his horrible defense, he still fits our scheme well. It'd make more sense to just trade Prince and Bembry and Splitter (and re-sign Humphries).
yah...it might be hard to find a taker for splitter coming off injury like that though....is he signed after this year?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, God, we're not even paying Korver that much. We only paid him $5.2 million last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on what Memphis did. I like the roster on paper for next year but...4 or 5 seed if things work out seems right. Zbo isn't probably a long term factor, though. I'd imagine the idea is to keep the core going while being able to look differently in 2 years.
so what if they are the 4 or 5 seed...that place is rocking - and with a very offensively challenged roster they took 2 games from the Warriors a couple seasons ago in teh playoffs when they were healthy.

not every team can win it...if you have a chance to be get a home court series- which i think they do- y ou gotta go for it- you have no clue how things could break....if Curry hurt his ankle the previous year in that round- instead of this year- Memphis wins that series- and who knows- they could ahve definitely beat Houston....you just never know.

PG- Conley
SG- Allen
SF- Parsons
PF- ZBO
C- Gasol

shit....that would be a helluva team to watch that should win 50 in the West..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, God, we're not even paying Korver that much. We only paid him $5.2 million last year.
wow...

yah that has some value...you could expect to get a pick or two if you decided to move him - at hte least. how many years? this is it though right?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...

yah that has some value...you could expect to get a pick or two if you decided to move him - at hte least. how many years? this is it though right?

Final year on his contract, yeah.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Wade intensifying talks with N.Y., Bucks

anyone really think Dwade is gonna sign with the Bucks? lol....

seriously- if the Bucks offered him like 4 years 120 million- would he say no?

hypothetically....

Point Guard- Delly (really combo type guard- PERFECT guy to play with Giannis- kinda like LeBron in a way- maybe why they were so aggresive to get Delly- playing with a point forward type guy like Lebron should translate well to Giannis- Delly can play off that as the SG or the PG at times)
Shooting Guard- Dwayne Wade
SF- Khris Middleton
Point Forward- Giannis
- (right?- they are having him play point unless I am mistaken
Center- Greg Monroe

still have Jabari Parker, Henson, MCW,

dude...i just love this team on paper... i know i did last year too- but a year of development and playing together and potentially (theoritically really) adding Wade...that would be interesting......maybe Middleton goes to the bench, or maybe Delly goes to the bench....who knows...

what do you guys think--- say they sign Wade-- obviously a long long long long shot. but just say--- what is their lineup?

would THIS be it?

SG- Khris Middleton
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF/Point Forward- Giannis
PF- Jabari Parker
C- Monroe

??

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love seeing guys like Whiteside and Bazemore get paid. Hard work and determination really pays off.

Bazemore was an undrafted D-League player while Hassan was playing all over the world and could have quit on basketball but never gave up hope on his dream.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Wade intensifying talks with N.Y., Bucks

anyone really think Dwade is gonna sign with the Bucks? lol....

seriously- if the Bucks offered him like 4 years 120 million- would he say no?

hypothetically....

Point Guard- Delly (really combo type guard- PERFECT guy to play with Giannis- kinda like LeBron in a way- maybe why they were so aggresive to get Delly- playing with a point forward type guy like Lebron should translate well to Giannis- Delly can play off that as the SG or the PG at times)
Shooting Guard- Dwayne Wade
SF- Khris Middleton
Point Forward- Giannis
- (right?- they are having him play point unless I am mistaken
Center- Greg Monroe

still have Jabari Parker, Henson, MCW,

dude...i just love this team on paper... i know i did last year too- but a year of development and playing together and potentially (theoritically really) adding Wade...that would be interesting......maybe Middleton goes to the bench, or maybe Delly goes to the bench....who knows...

what do you guys think--- say they sign Wade-- obviously a long long long long shot. but just say--- what is their lineup?

would THIS be it?

SG- Khris Middleton
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF/Point Forward- Giannis
PF- Jabari Parker
C- Monroe

??

Theyre trying to dump monroe 17 miilion to get space to
Sign wade. They only have 5 million in space rignt now. So 17+5= 22 million. Now we are talking

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else surprised by the non move on biyombo? Maybe a case of nobody offering a max deal.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if anyone will offer Andy Varejao anything.....id take him back at the min. no doubt to take Mozgov's role of 4th big.

Has it been reported yet whether Varejao is getting a Cavs championship ring?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been reported yet whether Varejao is getting a Cavs championship ring?
No. Doubt we'll know until right before the start of next season.

Personally, I hope he does and I think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.