• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I figured they'd choose Horford over Bazemore for sure. Surely they are trying to dump salary elsewhere to try to fit all 3. Choosing Bazemore over Horford is just dumb
they still have misalp- -- and its not like milsap can play SF......horford/milsap/howard was not gonna happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why though?

they could unload Korver to the Cavs in a fucking second...i might pass out if that happened....

think they could erally play all 3 of those guys? who comes off the bench or does Milsap try and play the 3?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kent Bazemore turns down more money from Houston and the Lakers to stay in Atlanta.....good for him....I love it when that shit happens.

zsg37WiK_bigger.jpeArash MarkaziVerified account‏@ArashMarkazi
Arash Markazi Retweeted David Aldridge

The Lakers decided not to give Bazemore a $1.1 million qualifying offer in 2014 to make him a restricted free agent.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta just drafted two SFs as well. Makes it even more perplexing that they would reup Bazemore for that price and risk losing Horford.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta just drafted two SFs as well. Makes it even more perplexing that they would reup Bazemore for that price and risk losing Horford.
I get the feeling that Al is gone. Probably to Boston.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a stretch but I'm still holding out hope for Horford to come to the Wizards.
i think Wizards and Celtics are right there if he decides he wants to leave Atlanta....seems like he wants to stay in the East...feels that way anyway....we shall see i guess.

Biggest losers in free agency thus far?

Dallas has to be one of them- losing Parsons and gaining nothing yet- not getting a meeting with Conley who decided to stay home.

Boston still has way too many players and no real stars

The Lakers gave a 30 year old center coming an injury plagued year 65 million. (though i think the Clarkson deal was solid for the dollars- if he continues to develop that will look really nice down the line).

Blazers overpaid like bastard for Evan Turner...in my opinion anyway...but...versatile wings that can guard multiple positions....i.e. like him and bazemore- are gonna get PAID....so i guess i get it...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why though?

they could unload Korver to the Cavs in a fucking second...i might pass out if that happened....

think they could erally play all 3 of those guys? who comes off the bench or does Milsap try and play the 3?

Send Korver or Milsap to the Clippers!!!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Bazemore at sg.

He's 6'5.

Yeah, position wise its fine. I didn't mean it like that. It's just that it was clear from the way they drafted that they thought losing Bazemore was possibility. So if you have that back up plan, why sign him first and risk losing Horford, a legit max guy?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably hyperbole.

But, :hug:
Its just like the twilight zone. Reports - and leaks (that seemed pretty unprofessional in all honesty) aimed at Jimmy Buss...backlash from the Mozgov signing...not getting a meeting with Durant at all....

compared to- the Clippers- the guy walks out "blown away"....just 10 years ago the EXACT TOTAL 100% OPPOSITE thing would have been true. Its just insane.

After getting Ingram- I think the Lakers are gonna be just fine in a couple years- that was huge. He is a guy that you can legitimately EXPECT All-Star type play from in his 3rd-4th year probably. Maybe there are only 2-3 of those guys in each draft- sometimes less. Keeping that pick was huge for them and I think will eventually be their spring board to the upper tier of free agents- kinda like how Kyrie tilted LeBron's decision to comeback.

But the perception of these 2 franchises right now has never been more flip-flopped. Its crazy. It can be hard to break that perception too once its set...

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Bazemore coming back and the Hawks still talking to Horford means one of two things:
  1. Millsap's being traded for fuck knows what.
  2. We're moving Bazemore to SG (which is his natural position, I believe) and-finally-benching Korver.
I can virtually guarantee you that Tiago Splitter is gone. He is set to receive twelve million this year. They're not paying him that when we can just re-sign Humphries to a fraction of that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill tell ya---- I would put the Clips as #2 after OKC and over GSW for Durant.

Durant wants to beat OKC...a lot of players dont like that team...dont like Curry. I think Durant would revel in the opportunity to crush the Warriors with kinda CP3 and company- and i think he would be confident he could do it with him, CP3, Blake and Jordan- and why not?

Cavs still would beat the Clips though- because LeBron would beat up Durant and Kyrie would be the next best player on the court!

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, position wise its fine. I didn't mean it like that. It's just that it was clear from the way they drafted that they thought losing Bazemore was possibility. So if you have that back up plan, why sign him first and risk losing Horford, a legit max guy?

BK linked me to a report right before the draft that said the Hawks were talking about trading their draftees to make room.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Bazemore coming back and the Hawks still talking to Horford means one of two things:
  1. Millsap's being traded for fuck knows what.
  2. We're moving Bazemore to SG (which is his natural position, I believe) and-finally-benching Korver.
I can virtually guarantee you that Tiago Splitter is gone. He is set to receive twelve million this year. They're not paying him that when we can just re-sign Humphries to a fraction of that.
SEND THE CAVS KORVER!!!! you can have Iman Shumpert!!! or nothing and just open up cap space...i dont give a flying fuck! PLLLLLLLEASE griffin make this happen somehow...i want to see Korver shoot 60% from 3 with the open looks Kyrie, Lebron and Klove would get him. the defense might be a bitch, but o well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if anyone will offer Andy Varejao anything.....id take him back at the min. no doubt to take Mozgov's role of 4th big.

Status
Not open for further replies.