• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 37 million left (just to hit the minimum cap of 85) after signing Mozgov and re-upping Clarkson. Throw that at somebody to be a great 6th man.....LOL.

Or spread it around to several vets and a bunch of minimum league guys to flesh out a bench. Huertas has already been offered a contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNEW Kelly was trash almost from day one. idea of a 3-dropping 6-11 stretch 4 was good. player was bad...
DJ gets a little delusional with the fringe guys....that center that fell a year or two ago in the draft because of character concerns he was sure was gonna be the next Bill Russell

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What did I say about it being good to be a big man in the league right now? NBA Champion Timofey Mozgov, who averaged 5.8 minutes per game in the playoffs, signed a four-year, $64 million deal with the Lakers. There was not much of a bidding war: the deal was announced 45 minutes into free agency.

He’ll get minutes in L.A., and with that roster he’ll probably sniff double-double averages, but he’ll never be a great center, not with his entirely defensive skill set. (And, since he never quite returned to form after knee surgery last summer, there’s reason to think Mozgov’s best days are behind him. He turns 30 later this month.) But the Lakers landed a starter, a legitimate seven-footer. And they signed him for cheaper than it would have taken to make a run at Al Horford or Hassan Whiteside, leaving them plenty of cap space to spend or hoard for next summer’s free agency bonanza."

A double-double? I'd take that along with 2bpg.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he tried to. He had to beat out Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson...good luck with that.

Tristan in a C?
Or the Cavs just don't need a true C?

Against the Warriors last 2 seasons it worked, against some future real possibilities, maybe not so much..

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Heat don't think Bosh is back, do they move Dragic to sign Deng?

I'm not sure exactly. It depends on what you think you can get out of Weber, Richardson, and Johnson (assuming he doesn't bolt). Given the offense we run, Dragic's not a good fit, so I'm for it quite honestly. Although, now Dragic's contract is right around what we're getting in production from him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess that makes LeClown "ancient". course I guess SOME would say he's immune to aging...:lol:
hes also not 7' 1" 300 lbs. with knee issues.

i think that this is a good signing to protect the Lakers kids on defense though--- i just think the years are the place where it gets real ugly.

2 years 32 or even 3 48 would be at least understandable......

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derozan's deal: 5 years, $139 million

LeBron's career: 13 years, $149 million

Jesus Christ.....thank god Lebron's total in endorsements is about similar to his NBA earnings.

I see why Lebron's demanding the max from here on out. I can't fault him at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure exactly. It depends on what you think you can get out of Weber, Richardson, and Johnson (assuming he doesn't bolt). Given the offense we run, Dragic's not a good fit, so I'm for it quite honestly. Although, now Dragic's contract is right around what we're getting in production from him.
you might actually be able to get something for Dragic with how these contracts are going if some desperate team strikes out elsewhere.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What did I say about it being good to be a big man in the league right now? NBA Champion Timofey Mozgov, who averaged 5.8 minutes per game in the playoffs, signed a four-year, $64 million deal with the Lakers. There was not much of a bidding war: the deal was announced 45 minutes into free agency.

He’ll get minutes in L.A., and with that roster he’ll probably sniff double-double averages, but he’ll never be a great center, not with his entirely defensive skill set. (And, since he never quite returned to form after knee surgery last summer, there’s reason to think Mozgov’s best days are behind him. He turns 30 later this month.) But the Lakers landed a starter, a legitimate seven-footer. And they signed him for cheaper than it would have taken to make a run at Al Horford or Hassan Whiteside, leaving them plenty of cap space to spend or hoard for next summer’s free agency bonanza."

A double-double? I'd take that along with 2bpg.

so it's about the money. or at least that's how they're gonna play it...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might actually be able to get something for Dragic with how these contracts are going if some desperate team strikes out elsewhere.

Crazy scenario if Durant were to somehow pick the Heat - package McRoberts and Dragic for a pair of 1st round pick, and maybe a 2nd round pick (which the Heat seem to have a much better success rate with).

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ.....thank god Lebron's total in endorsements is about similar to his NBA earnings.

I see why Lebron's demanding the max from here on out. I can't fault him at all.

Pretty sure he makes A SHIT TON MORE IN ENDORSEMENTS THAN HIS SALARY. Think he had a huge shoe contract before he ever stepped into the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.