• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh baseball is the best. I am rooting for Kershaw and the Dodgers in the NL....Kershaw definitely is my favorite non-Indian player in baseball. Sounds like very few people in the national media are giving the Indians much of a chance against Boston- who seems to be most people's pick to come out of the AL. The Big Poppi retirement stuff is going to be nauseating.

when you have someone that likes pro-wrestling and does not like baseball- something is just wrong- at least in my point of view.

I'm really hoping the rest that Kershaw got with the injury helps. He's been less than stellar in the post season. I'm definitely pulling for your Indians in the AL Playoffs. I like when teams that are traditionally bad, make a strong playoff run. Agree about the Big Papi retirement stuff.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After getting a top 5 lottery pick one year, I think a team that shows up in the lottery the following year should be excluded from getting into the top 5. Not picking on the Cavs, but using them as an example - I would exclude them from getting into the top 5 after having the number 1 pick the previous year.

Hmmm... I think I like this idea. Never heard that one before.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying they have zero chance of beating the Warriors is a pretty ridiculous statement.....and I hate the Cavs

Yep.

As of the today, the Warriors would be the consensus favorite in that matchup.

But "zero chance" is definitely overboard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, they have zero chance...:thumbsdown:

:lol:just messin' with ya...
you learned that lesson the hard way last year. LOL :lol:

10610547_718317754906745_4478149303824097594_n.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*resists urge to question purpose of "in the Finals" qualifier*
they would rather of had LeBron lose in the conference finals- or maybe they would have rather him not even make the playoffs those years, LOL.

Magic Johnson made 9 Finals. I wonder if LeBron will make more or less in his career. Right now he is at 7. I think he will get to 10 or 11 before all is said and done.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they would rather of had LeBron lose in the conference finals- or maybe they would have rather him not even make the playoffs those years, LOL.

Magic Johnson made 9 Finals. I wonder if LeBron will make more or less in his career. Right now he is at 7. I think he will get to 10 or 11 before all is said and done.

I disagree. Losses outside of the finals aren't counted against anyone. All of the greats have lost outside of the finals. What generally matters is how they have fared once they get to the biggest stage and only MJ is 6-0 there. Magic and Kareem both get ranked below MJ for the same reason Lebron does.

The question is: Why do we need a different standard for Lebron?

Last edited:
Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Losses outside of the finals aren't counted against anyone. All of the greats have lost outside of the finals. What generally matters is how they have fared once they get to the biggest stage and only MJ is 6-0 there. Magic and Kareem both get ranked below MJ for the same reason Lebron does.

The question is: Why do we need a different standard for Lebron?
so you are saying it would have been better to not make the playoffs or lose before hand then to make the Finals and lose in the finals?????? really?????

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you are saying it would have been better to not make the playoffs or lose before hand then to make the Finals and lose in the finals?????? really?????

No, I'm saying that what they do in the finals is what is counted as the tiebreaker among the all-time greats and that Lebron gets ranked below MJ for the same reason that Magic and Kareem do. No one counts playoff losses and never have.

Again, why is it that Cavs fans and Lebroniacs want to judge Lebron by a different standard than MJ, Magic and Kareem?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm saying that what they do in the finals is what is counted as the tiebreaker among the all-time greats and that Lebron gets ranked below MJ for the same reason that Magic and Kareem do. No one counts playoff losses and never have.

Again, why is it that Cavs fans and Lebroniacs want to judge Lebron by a different standard than MJ, Magic and Kareem?
well....there we go.

In one post- City sushi is saying how KAreem and Magic are ahead of LeBron. Think of that- two "top 5 players of all time" that had their playing careers overlap on the same team.

I dunno about Dwade or Kyrie- but i havent seen much talk on them being top 5 guys of all time. If you want to delve into the specifics and each individual's circumstances, teammates, records, etc- and actually do an in depth analysis- LeBron is only going to look better.

How you can hold a Finals loss where the team had no business even being in the Finals against LeBron- like when they lost to the Spurs in '07 when Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilguaskas were LeBron's best teammates just does not make sense to me. How can you possibly compare that to Magic and Kareem losing a Finals together. I mean- that is just not equal in any way shape or form. Now his choke job against Dallas?--- hold that against him NO DOUBT-

If you put another top 10 player of all time with LeBron throughout the majority of his career- do you think his Finals record would be improved? LOL--- of COURSE.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have a Pre Season Thread. So we can talk about the games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....there we go.

In one post- City sushi is saying how KAreem and Magic are ahead of LeBron. Think of that- two "top 5 players of all time" that had their playing careers overlap on the same team.

I dunno about Dwade or Kyrie- but i havent seen much talk on them being top 5 guys of all time. If you want to delve into the specifics and each individual's circumstances, teammates, records, etc- and actually do an in depth analysis- LeBron is only going to look better.

How you can hold a Finals loss where the team had no business even being in the Finals against LeBron- like when they lost to the Spurs in '07 when Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilguaskas were LeBron's best teammates just does not make sense to me. How can you possibly compare that to Magic and Kareem losing a Finals together. I mean- that is just not equal in any way shape or form. Now his choke job against Dallas?--- hold that against him NO DOUBT-

If you put another top 10 player of all time with LeBron throughout the majority of his career- do you think his Finals record would be improved? LOL--- of COURSE.
After Last year I have LBJ in the Top 7 right now. He can continue to move up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you can hold a Finals loss where the team had no business even being in the Finals against LeBron- like when they lost to the Spurs in '07 when Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilguaskas were LeBron's best teammates just does not make sense to me. How can you possibly compare that to Magic and Kareem losing a Finals together. I mean- that is just not equal in any way shape or form.

And? So we judge Lebron by a different standard? Magic took a Lakers team to the finals that had no business being there and lost to MJ's Bulls. That still counts against him.

When the Lakers were going for a 3-peat, that Lakers team lost both Byron Scott and Magic. It still counts against Magic.

Kareem was part of that team that lost Magic and Byron, the loss still counts against him.

Again, why are we asking for a different standard for Lebron?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Magic & Kareem were never judged by Finals record. None of the greats that came before Jordan were. No one cared that Bill Russell was 11-1 and Magic was only 5-4. No one ever cared that Jerry West was 1-9 or Wilt was 2-4. They talked about them "not getting it done"... but it had nothing to do with whether they lost in the Finals or the conference finals or the 1st round. They just didn't talk about Finals records. They compared championships and success and stats... but not finals records.

It wasn't until Jordan went 6-0 that it became a conversation at all. If Jordan had made it to the Finals earlier and lost... or made it to the Finals in 95 instead of going out to the Magic... it wouldn't be a thing.

The fact that Jordan won a ring 6 times in 6.5 seasons is super impressive and a key point to his resume/legacy. But the fact that he never made it to the Finals in a year that he failed to the win title is NOT a positive tick on his legacy.