• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. and actually going to the game tonight at the Coluseum...

btw as much hype as they've TRIED to give the Rams around here I don't think the fans care all that much. feels just like it did imo when they were out here before they took off to St. Lou...

If you build it, they will come.

Attendance will be going great the 1st Season.

Like you, folks will go just to see the opposition.

After that, they need to win some games to keep interest up.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. Some of these young'uns on here don't even know what the ABA is. They probably think it's candy or something.

Remember Abba, Mecca? It's like a taffy or something......remember that shit from my childhood.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you build it, they will come.

Attendance will be going great the 1st Season.

Like you, folks will go just to see the opposition.

After that, they need to win some games to keep interest up.

It's not for the opposition when it's a near 100K sell out for the first preseason game. 80K sold for the second game. Of course, the NFL weasels preseason games into the season ticket packages, so there's at least 70K guaranteed sold each game (they topped 70K season tickets sold a month ago or so). Just the season ticket holders will push the attendance to approx the top 10 (Houston was 10th last year at 71769/game). I wouldn't be surprised if LA is second only to Dallas (91.4k/game).

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not for the opposition when it's a near 100K sell out for the first preseason game. 80K sold for the second game. Of course, the NFL weasels preseason games into the season ticket packages, so there's at least 70K guaranteed sold each game (they topped 70K season tickets sold a month ago or so). Just the season ticket holders will push the attendance to approx the top 10 (Houston was 10th last year at 71769/game). I wouldn't be surprised if LA is second only to Dallas (91.4k/game).

This. I expect the Rams to be in the top 10 in attendance for the next 3-5 years......lot of people with extra income in LA that can afford the season tickets. I think they have a 5 year window before it begins to wear off with people in LA. And by then, they should have turned the team around.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Indians win the world series this year- which with their pitching isnt outrageous....some would call them the favorite in the AL - and i would prob agree.....

but...if the Indians were somehow good/lucky enough to win it---- what are the chances the Browns complete the trifecta? lol? :yes::hope::lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Indians win the world series this year- which with their pitching isnt outrageous....some would call them the favorite in the AL - and i would prob agree.....

but...if the Indians were somehow good/lucky enough to win it---- what are the chances the Browns complete the trifecta? lol? :yes::hope::lol:

Browns are closer to a lock for the #1 pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I expect the Rams to be in the top 10 in attendance for the next 3-5 years......lot of people with extra income in LA that can afford the season tickets. I think they have a 5 year window before it begins to wear off with people in LA. And by then, they should have turned the team around.
Goff is soft.

bad year to draft a franchise QB. The NFL will break that guy....at least his questionable arm will play better in LA than most places.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is soft.

bad year to draft a franchise QB. The NFL will break that guy....at least his questionable arm will play better in LA than most places.

They have a strong defense and running game. Goff just needs to be essentially a game manager, but with that upside that can challenge a defense through the air. He doesn't need to be Brees or Rodgers.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is soft.

Raiders, bitch.....Over your soft Brownies.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a strong defense and running game. Goff just needs to be essentially a game manager, but with that upside that can challenge a defense through the air. He doesn't need to be Brees or Rodgers.

This. Gurley is a stud....Wiggy would give his left nut (maybe both?) for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mostly agree with that.

That division is just rough though - Seahawks and Cardinals are both really good physical teams with good-to-great secondary's. At least hte 49'ers had half their team retire, lol.

Rams defensive line is really good that is for sure.

Who is Goff throwing to though? those WR are terrible- prob the weakest point of the team i would think.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are closer to a lock for the #1 pick.
id actually possibly invite that and take Watson.

Browns trade down has given them a RIDICULOUS amount of assets over the next 2-3 drafts- including last draft.

I like the analytical approach the front office is taking. Its gonna take time- but I feel that they are FINALLY on the right track. The last regime ACTUALLY spent 1st rounders (in the same draft) on Johhny Manziel and Josh Gilbert- what total failures.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Gurley is a stud....Wiggy would give his left nut (maybe both?) for him.
wasting a running backs best years and putting on all the wear and tear while going through a rebuild is extremely stupid.

draft the running back when you are ready to win. Their shelf-life is very very short.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasting a running backs best years and putting on all the wear and tear while going through a rebuild is extremely stupid.

draft the running back when you are ready to win. Their shelf-life is very very short.

Rams drafted him coming off of a 7-9 record, appropriate timing IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mostly agree with that.

That division is just rough though - Seahawks and Cardinals are both really good physical teams with good-to-great secondary's. At least hte 49'ers had half their team retire, lol.

Rams defensive line is really good that is for sure.

Who is Goff throwing to though? those WR are terrible- prob the weakest point of the team i would think.

They added a bunch of guys to compete for depth positions in the draft (and UDFAs after). Pharoh Cooper has basically locked down the starting slot WR position (other starters will be Austin and Britt). They have several rookies (SoMiss Mike Thomas, Nelson Spruce, Duke Williams, Paul McRoberts) and holdover Mike Quick competing for depth thereafter (and perhaps to unseat Britt eventually). They also drafted Higbee to be their receiving TE, and he has looked promising throughout the preseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark your calendar: Cleveland could host World Series opener, Cavaliers season opener on same night

Titletown?!!! "The Land"!!! mwahahahahaha

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The sports world was fixated on Cleveland in June, when the Cavaliers captured the city's first major professional championship in 52 years.

Cleveland figures to garner plenty of additional attention in October, especially if the Indians make a postseason splash.

The Cavs will host the Knicks for their regular-season opener on Oct. 25. The encounter will kick off the NBA season and the Cavs will receive their championship rings at Quicken Loans Arena.

Next door, the Indians could host Game 1 of the World Series at Progressive Field on the same night.

Major League Baseball released its 2016 postseason schedule on Tuesday. Some American League club -- by virtue of the league's triumph in the All-Star Game in July -- will host the first tilt of the Fall Classic on Oct. 25. Should the Indians reach their first World Series in 19 years, it would give Cleveland two premier sporting events in the same night, separated only by the small, grassy Gateway Plaza.

get your tickets and book your hotel rooms to The Land now!!!