• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's even funnier how you get your panties in a twist about it.

If this offends you so much, why don't you have a coke and a smile and put me on block so you don't continually have a meltdown every time I say something negative about a specific dickhead and a shitty organisation.

Maybe then you'll sleep better at night.

So now I'm having a meltdown? You're delusional. Again pointing out your trolling ways is in no way being upset. And you're way too funny to get upset about. What color is the sky in your world?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now I'm having a meltdown? You're delusional. Again pointing out your trolling ways is in now way being upset. And you're way too funny to get upset about. What color is the sky in your world?

:yawning: Thanks for your contribution tonight.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the main reasons the Cavs are paying this huge tax is because James forced Gilbert's hand in both grossly overpaying JR and Tristan last year.

#klutch
#facts

He forced their hand into paying those two yes. I don't think JR even went out looking for other deals because James told him he would get his deal in Cleveland. Not sure what offers he got myself from others though.

As for them being overpaid? TT is making what? Kent Bazemore type money? I think that's right where he'd be expected to be. Same with JR Smith. Marvin Williams type contract there. Not bad.

If I had the option of JR Smith and Tristan Thompson or save 2 mil in salary and get to keep Delladova and Mozgov, I'd spend the extra 2 mil for option 1 myself. I'd rather spend 2 mil to keep the guys that gave you 500 minutes of playing time in your finals win over the guys that gave you about 70 minutes as deep bench players.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He forced their hand into paying those two yes. I don't think JR even went out looking for other deals because James told him he would get his deal in Cleveland. Not sure what offers he got myself from others though.

As for them being overpaid? TT is making what? Kent Bazemore type money? I think that's right where he'd be expected to be. Same with JR Smith. Marvin Williams type contract there. Not bad.

If I had the option of JR Smith and Tristan Thompson or save 2 mil in salary and get to keep Delladova and Mozgov, I'd spend the extra 2 mil for option 1 myself. I'd rather spend 2 mil to keep the guys that gave you 500 minutes of playing time in your finals win over the guys that gave you about 70 minutes as deep bench players.

I agree that both players are exact fits for the Cavs, but that isn't the point.

I was just once again explaining to Wiggy why the Cavs payroll is what it is.

As you acknowledged, James guaranteed J.R./Tristan they'd be paid.
Wiggins was dealt because he wouldn't sign with Klutch.

For @WiggyRuss to imply that Gilbert is some sort of great owner is ridiculous.
He has/had no choice.

Let's never forget the letter he wrote the night James left. That's who he is, or was it just ' locker room ' talk?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i were you i would prob let it go at this point to. it cant be good for your health- especially with how good the Cavs should be for the foreseeable future and especially since you were proven wrong.

My health lol?
It's fucking basketball, not a liver transplant.
It's my #1 form of entertainment.
Unlike you, I don't bail when things aren't perfect.

As far as the championship, as I've stated before, as much as I wanted LeDouche to lose, it ended up being outweighed by how happy my 88 year old father was/is.

So, now that they've won, how did it make your life better?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I'm just stoned & wasting time until my Ohio State game.

Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy!!!

As long as Abraham, Daryl, nor Micchone die on the walking dead tomorrow, it will have been a FANTASTIC weekend.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that both players are exact fits for the Cavs, but that isn't the point.

I was just once again explaining to Wiggy why the Cavs payroll is what it is.

As you acknowledged, James guaranteed J.R./Tristan they'd be paid.
Wiggins was dealt because he wouldn't sign with Klutch.

For @WiggyRuss to imply that Gilbert is some sort of great owner is ridiculous.
He has/had no choice.

Let's never forget the letter he wrote the night James left. That's who he is, or was it just ' locker room ' talk?
the Cavs payroll is the Cavs payroll because they have signed up a core long term that can compete that LeBron likes having around.

I mean- this is honestly how delusional you are- you think Wiggins was traded becuase he didnt sign with Klutch? He was traded becuase the Cavs could get Kevin Love for him- who last time i checked- wasnt represented by Klutch sports. They won a title having one of the best shooting/rebounding/passing big men that the NBA has seen- and is a PERFECT compliment to LeBron.

Kyrie- was he traded for one of LeBron's friends like CP3 or Carmelo- or Klutch client Bledsoe? of course not- because he is a GREAT fit with LeBron- a PG that can play on the ball, off the ball, break down a defense, or shoot a 3.

Tristan- is LeBron's version of Rodman- a guy that just does his job- rebounds as good as anyone in basketball- ESPECIALLY on the offensive glass- and plays great defense- especially in the pick and roll--- NO WAY IN FUCK does Tristan Thompson get less than the 16M a year he signed for if he is a free agent.

Jr Smith- signed for pretty much the EXACT same deal that Jamal Crawford got- despite being a much better 2 way player- younger, and with better size.

You are just still SO FREAKING bitter. Just admit it - everyone can see it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a bit like extortion to me.

I was a proponent of the Kevin Love trade, but if it was only done because LeBron and his agent were in their feelings that is pretty weak in my opinion.

Here are the details via Real GM.

Before Andrew Wiggins’ freshman season at Kansas began, Rich Paul was considered the favorite to become his agent.

Paul also represents Canadians cush as Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph and Myck Kabongo.

Wiggins ultimately chose Bill Duffy with Roc Nation as the runner-up.

ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reports Wiggins wouldn’t have been traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers if he had signed with Paul’s agency.

So I'm bitter and delusional and making things up?
Don't you quote Windy all the time?
Biggest Cav homer in the media.

Tough loss for that piece of shit ( but great coach) Meyer...btw...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My head knows you're right.

My heart says, fuck that.

He tried to kill this boy.

Has only seen him once in his entire life and wants no part of being his father.

I don't understand the Grandma's motives.

She is planning on showing up weather that piece of shit wants to see the boy or not.

She said if he rejects the boy, oh well it's on him?!?!?

I'm not clear on Chancellor's mental faculties. But, seems like this will do him great harm.
You make great points- and I agree with them all. I would only consider the meeting if Chancellor was asking about his dad- otherwise life would go on for us like Rae didn't exist.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

You know the crazy thing is, I haven't been a 100% in quite a while. Nobody and I repeat nobody actually gave a damn about my health but me. Taking control of my own career/life.#differentmindsetasoftoday
:wtf:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel old as fuck

And the only one that probably has much left to give is Dirk. The rest should've retired a season or two or three ago.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dan Gilbert is no Jimmy Buss that's for sure.:D
This is actually correct- seeing as though Gilbert has WAY more losing seasons under his belt. Jimmy is just playing catch up. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what I'm doing is simply pointing out how often you show up in NBA threads & always mention the Cavs.
By all accounts you might be in the same boat???