• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually correct- seeing as though Gilbert has WAY more losing seasons under his belt. Jimmy is just playing catch up. :dhd:

Don't worry, Jimmy's Lakers got several losing seasons in front of them.

:behindsofa:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet I'm willing to bet he still doesn't catch Gilbert. :nod:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet I'm willing to bet he still doesn't catch Gilbert. :nod:

:pound:

Gilbert's now owned the Cavs for 12 years & has had 4 losing seasons. Since Jimmy took over (late in the '12-'13 season) they have had 3 consecutive losing seasons (27-55, 21-61 & 17-65). They also set the record for worst record in team history last year. If he's the owner long enough you might want to rethink your opinion that he'll have fewer losing seasons than Danny Boy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Gilbert's now owned the Cavs for 12 years & has had 4 losing seasons. Since Jimmy took over (late in the '12-'13 season) they have had 3 consecutive losing seasons (27-55, 21-61 & 17-65). They also set the record for worst record in team history last year. If he's the owner long enough you might want to rethink your opinion that he'll have fewer losing seasons than Gilbert.
Well after reading this we certainly have different definitions of a "losing" season. Last I can recall the Cavs only have ONE title- which means to almost everyone else the other 11 seasons were losing ones. :yes:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the only one that probably has much left to give is Dirk. The rest should've retired a season or two or three ago.

Paul Pierce, old twice dead mutha sucka.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after reading this we certainly have different definitions of a "losing" season. Last I can recall the Cavs only have ONE title- which means to almost everyone else the other 11 seasons were losing ones. :yes:

As owner of the Lakers Buss has yet to even have a winning season. You said Buss would have fewer losing season as an owner than Gilbert. I like how you danced around that fact & brought up that the Cavs only have 1 ring. That has nothing @ all to do w/ which owner will have more losing seasons.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, Jeanie gonna put his ass down if he takes another dump this Season.

tumblr_mqlwyqhFJj1sun54to1_400.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As owner of the Lakers Buss has yet to even have a winning season. You said Buss would have fewer losing season as an owner than Gilbert. I like how you danced around that fact & brought up that the Cavs only have 1 ring. That has nothing @ all to do w/ which owner will have more losing seasons.
Well as of now he still does if we're only counting the "real" winning seasons (you know, the ones that ended with a title). Also, my bet was on the contention that after LBJ the Cavs really will have nothing- we've seen how well Kyrie has done without him- and also the fact that the Lakers have young fresh talent that seem to be coming together well. So, I guess you kinda did some "dancing" of your own around those things too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as of now he still does if we're only counting the "real" winning seasons (you know, the ones that ended with a title). Also, my bet was on the contention that after LBJ the Cavs really will have nothing- we've seen how well Kyrie has done without him- and also the fact that the Lakers have young fresh talent that seem to be coming together well. So, I guess you kinda did some "dancing" of your own around those things too.

How many titles have the Lakers won w/ Jimmy Buss running things? I haven't danced around anything. You have endless issues w/ LeBron & the Cavs & nothing that can or could be said will change your mind. Funny that @ first you didn't even mention the Cavs after LeBron. That makes your argument even weaker. Why not focus on the current situation w/ those teams rather than looking into the future?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many titles have the Lakers won w/ Jimmy Buss running things? I haven't danced around anything. You have endless issues w/ LeBron & the Cavs & nothing that can or could be said will change your mind. Funny that @ first you didn't even mention the Cavs after LeBron. That makes your argument even weaker. Why not focus on the current situation w/ those teams rather than looking into the future?

Dude, you surprised they cut Hunter?

Danny overestimated his ability to flip those picks into a star.

Unreal that you cut a guy you drafted in the first round just a year ago.

The Kid hasn't shown much. But, He's no bum like Anthony Bennett.

So, I'm shocked no team was willing to absorb him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you surprised they cut Hunter?

Danny overestimated his ability to flip those picks into a star.

Unreal that you cut a guy you drafted in the first round just a year ago.

The Kid hasn't shown much. But, He's no bum like Anthony Bennett.

So, I'm shocked no team was willing to absorb him.

I just can't get overly excited about the Celtics right now. Hope they have a better season than last year & at least win a playoff series. But if the Cavs are 100% I don't think there's a team in the E than can beat them in a 7 game series.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't get overly excited about the Celtics right now. Hope they have a better season than last year & at least win a playoff series. But if the Cavs are 100% I don't think there's a team in the E than can beat them in a 7 game series.

Oh, no doubt.

Everyone else is playing for second place in both conferences, barring trade or injury.

I just think it's cold blooded that the kid got cut on his 23rd birthday...lol

He can shoot. So, he won't be unemployed long.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt.

Everyone else is playing for second place in both conferences, barring trade or injury.

I just think it's cold blooded that the kid got cut on his 23rd birthday...lol

He can shoot. So, he won't be unemployed long.

Damn, didn't realize it was the kids 23rd b-day. Shooters are always needed so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off- how can you tell me or anyone else that doesn't suck up to LBJ that we have endless issues with him? That's so ridiculous. Without contrast there would be no debate.

LBJ happens to be the topic of discussion- but like Shaqdaddy said I guess if we're not in favor of him we shouldn't be allowed to take part in those discussions, right? Even though you always chime in when someone says something about LBJ-even though you claim to not be a fan. And somehow that's supposed to be acceptable vs. what is being debated.

And dancing around facts is all you do- because truth be told you're only here trying to get as many "funny" ratings as possible. And no, there's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind in a debate because it's hard to take you seriously.