• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything is all hunky-dorey right now- with everyone signing koombiyaaaaa and having a circle jerk about how well it will all work out.

you learn how that will work out when things arent going right- when the pressure is on - when their is adversity. You dont learn anything beating up on half a team in the preseason when everyone is saying and doing the right thing. You learn about how it will work out in Game 2 of the playoffs after you just somehow got upset in Game 1 and the pressure is on---- or in Game 3 after splitting the first two and Draymond is a little limited with an ankle injury and you need to win a game. YOu MIGHT learn a little on Christmas day when you face the Cavs on the road and are down by 6 at half time etc.

to act like you learn anything in preseason game #1 is to me the most ridiculous thing i have ever freaking heard.

like the Cavs---- we learned something about the Cavs in Game 5 after Toronto tied up that series at 2-2. when the pressure is on. The Warriors wont feel pressure for MONTHS on end- besides maybe a marquee matchup or two along the way that in the grand scheme of things reall doesnt mean much (as we saw how the Warriors beat the Cavs ass in December and lost in the Finals).

I agree. However, to say that absolutely nothing is learned from pre-season game 1 makes no more sense than saying that playing well in game 1 means everything is figured out and they are going to be champs. What we saw with the ball movement shows that they are at least capable of it and that's not nothing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. There will likely be times when the Warriors have the ball moving and look like the juggernaut that most think they will be and there will be times when they look like they've never played a minute together. How successful their season is will be determined by how quickly they get that figured out.

Great ball movement, even in the first pre-season game shows that they are at least capable of sharing the ball.

It was actually the second pre-season game for the Warriors. In their first pre-season game against Toronto, the team was very tentative and the offense was completely disjointed. Durant was something like 2-9 in the game. The offense had no flow and it was pretty ugly basketball.

This was the second game, and the offense looked much better. The overall Warriors team is going to be up and down for months, which I have said multiple times. Just good ole @WiggyRuss trying to blow up a single viewpoint of one small nuance that I observed and commented on.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I wasn't saying "hey everyone, offense is solved, everyone go home".

All I was saying is that Klay doesn't need to change his role for this offense. And its because at the Warriors peak, the ball movement should be optimal.

It's still going to take the team time to figure things out. It won't be pretty at times. I'm not hanging my hat on one preseason game.
It makes me happy though if the Warriors are treating preseason games like that though. Kyrie didnt play in the first preseason game. LeBron wont play in half the preseason games.

The Cavs priority is on rest and being ready for the playoffs. If the Warriors want to play the vast majority of their roster and go at it starting in October more power to them.

IF LeBron and Kyrie didnt even play in 1 post season game I am sure Lue and Griffin would not give a shit- in fact- i would probably recommend it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy you're boxing yourself into a corner for the Cavs first preseason game tonight. Will you really be able to refrain from making positive observations?:suds:
i DEF will not be watching even a minute of it.

ehh...i take that back- maybe it means something to a guy like Kay Felder- who with Mo finally deciding on retiring makes it a little bit more important- how the rookies perform should be at least a little interesting- at least slightly more relevant than summer league.

other than that- do i think if the Cavs move the ball well it means they will move the ball well in the regular season? HELLL NO. Right now teams are instituting totally new defenses, concepts, players etc. What you are seeing on the court does not resemble anything CLOSE to waht you will see in a month.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After getting a top 5 lottery pick one year, I think a team that shows up in the lottery the following year should be excluded from getting into the top 5. Not picking on the Cavs, but using them as an example - I would exclude them from getting into the top 5 after having the number 1 pick the previous year.

I don't think I agree with this. If a team is in truly bad shape, one player isn't necessarily going to be enough to turn them around. If the league were going to do something like that, I think they'd have to look at a teams overall attempts to improve.

Did they go after any difference making FA's in a serious way? Are there signs of obvious tanking (sitting their best players for long stretches, etc.)? How competent is ownership/management?

There are a lot of different factors that would have to be looked at for why a team continues to struggle year after year to justify making them ineligible for a top 5 pick.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually the second pre-season game for the Warriors. In their first pre-season game against Toronto, the team was very tentative and the offense was completely disjointed. Durant was something like 2-9 in the game. The offense had no flow and it was pretty ugly basketball.

This was the second game, and the offense looked much better. The overall Warriors team is going to be up and down for months, which I have said multiple times. Just good ole @WiggyRuss trying to blow up a single viewpoint of one small nuance that I observed and commented on.

Didn't know it was the second game. I do agree with Wiggy that playing well in the pre-season doesn't mean a lot as to how a team will perform in the regular season. Heck, based on last night, the Lakers should make the finals this year. lol

But to say it means absolutely nothing isn't right either. The fact that there was obvious improvement from game 1 to game 2 at least shows that the players are working on putting it together.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really????? REALLY? PRESEASON?? Game 1 of the preseason? LOL

dude-

call me back in January and it might actually mean something. Better yet- call me back in June- until June Durant cant prove shit to anyone.

SOMEBODY'S already scared...:lol:

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you learn nothing from presason game 1- or really any presasons game. Shit- im surprised half the guys are even playing. Shit- i hardly think you learn anything in November and December....

there are no tests in the preseason- no difficult situations or adversity where you get an actual credible idea of how a team will perform when it matters under pressure. In my opinion- you wont know dick until the ball rolls out in the 2nd round of the playoffs when there is actually pressure on the players. GMAFB.

Fuck me, So I REALLY have no idea what my team is made of.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know it was the second game. I do agree with Wiggy that playing well in the pre-season doesn't mean a lot as to how a team will perform in the regular season. Heck, based on last night, the Lakers should make the finals this year. lol

But to say it means absolutely nothing isn't right either. The fact that there was obvious improvement from game 1 to game 2 at least shows that the players are working on putting it together.

The preseason for the Warriors is much more important to them than it is say the Cavs. While it is only the preseason, it exists for the sole purpose of developing cohesion with all the new players. The Cavs are already set with their roster, their system and their chemistry. It's why Wiggy isn't interested in anything until later because there's no question marks with them. It's only about what happens in the playoffs, which is still the case for both teams.

The biggest thing is that the preseason for the Warriors is more important than games in November or December. Those are going to be the games where players are rested, after the chemistry and system have been developed.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw, you ain't foolin' anybody. but keep on hanging on to last year...:pound::pound::pound:

go on and admit it. we won't judge...:heh:

ChiefsLakers67 Cowards WILL BE cowards..

i just find it funny the guy spends so much time bad-mouthing the Heat. i think Heatles was right. these guys scare the pants offa Wiggy...

wait..im still laughing :lol::lol::lol: LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Embid played last night, that had to be exciting for Philly to see him come back from injury.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChiefsLakers67 Cowards WILL BE cowards..

i just find it funny the guy spends so much time bad-mouthing the Heat. i think Heatles was right. these guys scare the pants offa Wiggy...

wait..im still laughing :lol::lol::lol: LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Translation:"you're correct, CL. i'm so scared of this season i'm waking up in cold sweats! what am i gonna do if LeClown fails after all the shit i've been talking? how long am i gonna have to HIDE from everybody's comments?! they all KNOW i can't take it."

sadly, it's the very reason you won't bet on the Cavs even though you ALWAYS wanna run smack about 'em. as i always say, cowards WILL BE cowards...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic & Kareem were never judged by Finals record. None of the greats that came before Jordan were. No one cared that Bill Russell was 11-1 and Magic was only 5-4. No one ever cared that Jerry West was 1-9 or Wilt was 2-4. They talked about them "not getting it done"... but it had nothing to do with whether they lost in the Finals or the conference finals or the 1st round. They just didn't talk about Finals records. They compared championships and success and stats... but not finals records.

It wasn't until Jordan went 6-0 that it became a conversation at all. If Jordan had made it to the Finals earlier and lost... or made it to the Finals in 95 instead of going out to the Magic... it wouldn't be a thing.

The fact that Jordan won a ring 6 times in 6.5 seasons is super impressive and a key point to his resume/legacy. But the fact that he never made it to the Finals in a year that he failed to the win title is NOT a positive tick on his legacy.
Good stuff. In today NBA you have these Super teams and LBJ was a big part of that. maybe if he won one before he ran away it would look better for him. Then he goes to a super team and only wins 2 wasnt a good thing. This last championship was super impressive and I gave him a lot of credit. He was outside my top 10 to #7. This was overall the best Championship we saw in basketball. The only thing that would of made it better for him if he was the main guy down the stretch and hits the game winner. Because of Irving performance and the ice in his veins, I am now a big fan of his and thats hard for me to say or to cheer because I hate Duke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. In today NBA you have these Super teams and LBJ was a big part of that. maybe if he won one before he ran away it would look better for him. Then he goes to a super team and only wins 2 wasnt a good thing. This last championship was super impressive and I gave him a lot of credit. He was outside my top 10 to #7. This was overall the best Championship we saw in basketball. The only thing that would of made it better for him if he was the man guy down the stretch and hits the game winner. Because of Irving performance and the ice in his veins, I am now a big fan of his and thats hard for me to say to cheer because I hate Duke.
Will you marry me? lol