• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Draft

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons is the concensus first pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.

Walter Cherepinsky agrees. Look who he has the Lakers taking second.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons is the concensus first pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.

Walter Cherepinsky agrees. Look who he has the Lakers taking second.

Simmons and Ingram are the consensus 1 and 2 picks. After that I think it's a crapshoot. I think Kris Dunn will end up being a nice player, but he doesn't have as high of a ceiling as some others. Others have a ton of potential but not much yet to show for it. The real depth of this draft will be in the 15-25 range. You'll see guys like Sabonis, Valentine, LeVert, Trimble who will be solid players, but not really stars.

Overall I feel like this will be one of the weaker draft classes in recent memory.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is on Simmons' dick but Ingram may end up the better player when it's all said and done.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just LOL when we get the third pick in a draft where there's only 2 sure fire impact players. That'd be so.... Suns of us.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is a great player no doubt, he can quietly put up a big night without scoring the ball (but is usually does) and not many guys can do that. He has only one game where he didn't score in double figures all season, that is pretty ridiculous for a college player honestly. I think Ingram will be really good, he reminds me of a Kevin Durant body type, very long. Simmons will go number 1 is definitely more NBA ready than any player out there but not sure he will be the next Lebron like everyone is saying lol. Fyi...he has no outside game.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is a great player no doubt, he can quietly put up a big night without scoring the ball (but is usually does) and not many guys can do that. He has only one game where he didn't score in double figures all season, that is pretty ridiculous for a college player honestly. I think Ingram will be really good, he reminds me of a Kevin Durant body type, very long. Simmons will go number 1 is definitely more NBA ready than any player out there but not sure he will be the next Lebron like everyone is saying lol. Fyi...he has no outside game.

I think he's like a Josh Smith that was injected with a hint of Draymond Green, LeBron James and some basketball IQ.

That's the closest comp for Simmons you'll find, you're welcome. lol

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I feel like this will be one of the weaker draft classes in recent memory.

That's what I've been hearing and one reason I wouldn't be too disappointed if the Lakers don't hold onto that top-3 pick. Next year's draft is supposedly going to be much deeper. Unless the Lakers land some big fish this summer, they are going to be in the lottery again next season. The Lakers will have their 2017 first rounder.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons will go number 1 is definitely more NBA ready than any player out there but not sure he will be the next Lebron like everyone is saying lol. Fyi...he has no outside game.

If Simmons can be "the next Lebron" in the way that Kobe was "the next MJ," then I think whoever gets him is going to be very happy.

Also, Lebron didn't have much of an outside game when he first came into the league either and while it did improve, it's never been a strength.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is on Simmons' dick but Ingram may end up the better player when it's all said and done.

I said awhile back that, for the Lakers, Ingram may actually end up being a better fit. Obviously, if the Lakers land the #1 pick, you have to take Simmons. But slipping to #2, might actually net them a guy who will have an easier time fitting in because he won't need the ball like Simmons does.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Simmons can be "the next Lebron" in the way that Kobe was "the next MJ," then I think whoever gets him is going to be very happy.

Also, Lebron didn't have much of an outside game when he first came into the league either and while it did improve, it's never been a strength.

Yeah, but when I mean no outside game...I mean literally he doesn't shoot the 3. He has like what less than 5 attempts all year. You can't get better if you don't shoot the ball, so it really is no threat at all is what I am trying to say.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Simmons right now for me compares strongly with a bigger, more athletic prime Anthony Mason. Mason didn't shoot at all from the outside, but the offense was routinely run through him because of his passing ability. He was also a very good rebounder. I think Simmons can be a really good player, without having much of an outside shot. If he does develop a reliable mid-range, that's really all he would need to keep the defense honest. Too many people are stressed out about him shooting threes. He doesn't need it if he can do many other things particularly well and still be a superstar.

If there was one thing that scares me about Ingram is that he's a relatively poor freethrow shooter. The thing that separates Durant is that he's able to get to the line and knock down shots. If Ingram can't knock down freethrows at a respectable clip, teams are just going to press up on him and force him to drive to the hoop.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but when I mean no outside game...I mean literally he doesn't shoot the 3. He has like what less than 5 attempts all year. You can't get better if you don't shoot the ball, so it really is no threat at all is what I am trying to say.

If his mid-range game is solid, he really won't need the 3 too much (I haven't seen as much of him as I'd like, so I don't know about his mid-range game). I don't think Lebron has ever been a big 3 point shot guy either (but he's always shot more than 5. lol).

Plus, he can always develop a 3 point shot once he's in the NBA. If he gets a chance to talk to Kobe, Kobe will prescribe 1,000 shots per day. He doesn't necessarily need to become proficient, just good enough that guys can't sag off and dare him to shoot it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that the Sixers better finally get that 1st pick overall. This tanking shit is getting old. Come on board Mr. Simmons.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a bigger win for Philly… getting #1 overall, or not winning the lotto, but LA somehow dropping to 4 and giving up their pick to Philly?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a bigger win for Philly… getting #1 overall, or not winning the lotto, but LA somehow dropping to 4 and giving up their pick to Philly?

Considering there aren't any "sure things" after pick #2, probably getting the #1 overall.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering there aren't any "sure things" after pick #2, probably getting the #1 overall.

I like Bender, Dunn, Brown, Ellinson, Murray and Poeltl but idk if any of them are sure-fire prospects other than Bender.

If they got the #2 & #4 that would be quick turnaround for them though. I still think LA keeps the pick, but ya never know, crazy shit has happened on draft lottery day.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said awhile back that, for the Lakers, Ingram may actually end up being a better fit. Obviously, if the Lakers land the #1 pick, you have to take Simmons. But slipping to #2, might actually net them a guy who will have an easier time fitting in because he won't need the ball like Simmons does.

True. I think Ingram would easily be a better fit for LA than Simmons, but like you said you can't pass on a talent like Simmons. Ever. I wonder if they'd look to deal Randle if they get the #1 pick.

OR, if they really wanna get crazy they could use the pick as trade bait for Cousins or some other star that ends up on the block.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I think Ingram would easily be a better fit for LA than Simmons, but like you said you can't pass on a talent like Simmons. Ever. I wonder if they'd look to deal Randle if they get the #1 pick.

OR, if they really wanna get crazy they could use the pick as trade bait for Cousins or some other star that ends up on the block.

Considering that Simmons has the Lebron style "point forward" capability and that Clarkson is a combo guard. I could see the Lakers looking to deal Russell or Clarkson before Randle. Randle is turning into a "double-double" every night type of player, so I'd want the Lakers to keep him.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Simmons has the Lebron style "point forward" capability and that Clarkson is a combo guard. I could see the Lakers looking to deal Russell or Clarkson before Randle. Randle is turning into a "double-double" every night type of player, so I'd want the Lakers to keep him.

Idk, I think Clarkson is better suited for a role as a good sixth man. LA should try to keep him as a combo guard off the bench, obviously he's played a lot the last couple years so he may not be a fan of it, but he just seems to be what he is, nothing special, but a good scorer and capable playmaker but not really a true PG.

Lou kinda has that role right now I suppose, so he could be expendable. I just wonder if Simmons starting alongside Randle would work. I could see LA and Philly swapping Okafor and Randle this summer if they each get the picks they are projected to get.

Randle-Noel would be more ideal for Philly in terms of spacing and Okafor-Simmons would fit better off each other than Simmons-Randle. That's just my speculation/opinion though.