• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Draft

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons Ingram 1-2 is my prediction as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lebron should quit trying to play GM then.

I agree. He really sucks at it. Worse than Isaiah Thomas. It just is not so obvious because of how amazingly good he is.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what 2 free agents in free agency would give the lakers a "quick turn-around"?

My contention is there are no 2 free agents out there that would make the LAkers a team that anyone would pick passed a first round series- if they could HAND PICK and GUARANTEE they got their 2 guys.

Spurs, OKC, Clips, GSW would all still be head and shoulders better- those 4 at the VERY least.

there is no quick fix. If the Lakers squander this promising rebuild by trying a quick fix this offseason they will come to regret it mightily.

I agree there is likely no quick fix, hence the dream scenario note. Pipe dream really as I don't see KD coming this summer. However, given the cap space that the Lakers have, and the fact that KD is an UFA, it is in the realm of possibilities.

Sign KD and Whiteside. Use that #1 pick and others to trade for an established star. Hire a real NBA coach. Boom, back in contention. Dope man please can I have another hit! :lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will have to say- if you guys do get #1 and draft Simmons (who IS going #1)- i will enjoy watching Rich Paul and LeBron's agency do exactly what LeBron is doing in Cleveland in LAL- (assuming- and its a BIG BIG BIG BIG assumption) that Simmons is worth the hype and will relaly become a super-super star one day.

You've brought this up before. What exactly can Rich Paul do to hold the Lakers hostage? Barring changes in the CBA, rookie contracts are locked in. Extensions on those contracts favor the team that drafted them and are really good financially for the player. It would likely be several years down the road that Simmons becomes an UFA. If he ends up being a superstar, the Lakers would certainly max him out. Even though they aren't billionaires, the Busses have no problem spending big bucks. Big difference between the situations of Lebron and Simmons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He really sucks at it. Worse than Isaiah Thomas. It just is not so obvious because of how amazingly good he is.
what moves had LeBron the "gm" made? specifcally...please enlighten me

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what moves had LeBron the "gm" made? specifcally...please enlighten me

He has a ton of influence over the players they sign in Cleveland. if you don't think he at leas approves every move they make, you are deluding yourself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't figure that out, there is no amount of "enlightenment" that will help you.
I love the response- its perfect....it shows the perception with absolutely no backk up...you might have a position in The Donald's campaign. :thumb:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the response- its perfect....it shows the perception with absolutely no backk up...you might have a position in The Donald's campaign. :thumb:

Actually, it shows how desperate you are to act like Lebron isn't running things in Cleveland. Virtually every player the Cavs signed to try to get to a championship level in Lebron's first time in Cleveland, was demanded or signed off on by Lebron.

Every move the Cavs have made since his return, including the Love for Wiggins trade and all FA signings have been demanded or signed off on by Lebron.

A big part of the reason Lebron only agreed to a 2 year deal with a player option after 1 is to ensure that Gilbert remains his bitch.

With Pat Riley as GM, Lebron has 2 rings. With Lebron as GM, Lebron has zero rings.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it shows how desperate you are to act like Lebron isn't running things in Cleveland. Virtually every player the Cavs signed to try to get to a championship level in Lebron's first time in Cleveland, was demanded or signed off on by Lebron.

Every move the Cavs have made since his return, including the Love for Wiggins trade and all FA signings have been demanded or signed off on by Lebron.

A big part of the reason Lebron only agreed to a 2 year deal with a player option after 1 is to ensure that Gilbert remains his bitch.

With Pat Riley as GM, Lebron has 2 rings. With Lebron as GM, Lebron has zero rings.
Im not desperate at all. Desperate is asking you to back up your assertion with an example or two?

LOL...sound like Trump---- LEBRON CONTROLS EVERYTHING----- ok-- well can you give some examples??? O MY GOD YOUR DESPERATE TO PROVE HE DOESNT CONTROL EVERYTHING!!!! lol.....are you being serious right now?]

I mean imagine---- JIMMY BUSS IS A TERRIBLE OWNER!!!-- can you give me a few examples to back that up? YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE!! YOUR JUST DESPERATE TO DISPROVE IT-I DONT HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING!

really?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not desperate at all. Desperate is asking you to back up your assertion with an example or two?

LOL...sound like Trump---- LEBRON CONTROLS EVERYTHING----- ok-- well can you give some examples??? O MY GOD YOUR DESPERATE TO PROVE HE DOESNT CONTROL EVERYTHING!!!! lol.....are you being serious right now?]

I mean imagine---- JIMMY BUSS IS A TERRIBLE OWNER!!!-- can you give me a few examples to back that up? YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE!! YOUR JUST DESPERATE TO DISPROVE IT-I DONT HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING!

really?

Why do you continue to bring up the Lakers when we're on about that sad-sack of an organisation called the Cavaliers?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

really?

No, desperate is asking to back up the assertion when it's already been backed up in multiple posts ever since Lebron returned to Cleveland.

Also, I gave examples, in the very post that you just quoted. You're now ignoring that and trying to deflect by pretending that those examples weren't given in that post and that they haven't been given multiple times since Lebron returned to Cleveland.

The very fact that you pretend that those examples have never been given and that they weren't included in the post that you just quoted shows how desperate you are.

Fact: With Pat Riley as GM, Lebron has 2 rings. With Lebron as GM, Lebron has zero rings.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you continue to bring up the Lakers when we're on about that sad-sack of an organisation called the Cavaliers?

Same reason he always deflects, he's being proven wrong...again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It started with trading Wiggins for Love and hasn't stopped since.
You really think Cavs trade Andy without discussing with James.
They have to do what he wants because they can't give him any excuse to leave.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It started with trading Wiggins for Love and hasn't stopped since.
You really think Cavs trade Andy without discussing with James.
They have to do what he wants because they can't give him any excuse to leave.

Actually, it started during his first stint in Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it started during his first stint in Cleveland.

I thought we were only talking since he returned.
If were going that route, then it also went on when he was here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to the same degree though. Riley had the final say in Miami. I don't get that impression in Cleveland.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with @tlance, it wasn't to the extent in Miami that it is in Cleveland, otherwise he'd still be in Miami. As the superstar and best player on the team, I'm sure Riley discussed potential moves and listened to Lebron's input. I think most teams do that, I know the Lakers have done that with Kobe. But, at the end of the day, the call was still Riley's.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Wiggy doesn't think LeBron had ANY influence on who he's running with...?

something about beachfront property in Nevada comes to mind...:heh: