• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Draft

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Brogdon is going to be a good get for a contender also.

I do not know where he is projected, he will likely fall due to lack of athletic measurables. I can tell you though, he will have a very good NBA career. He is the best wing defender in the college game right now. I can see him winding up somewhere like San Antonio.

San Antonio is one of the best at finding players that fit their system.....major respect for them and how they've been able to stay so competitive for so long.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a while I thought the Lakers could pry Whiteside outta Miami. now i'm not so sure. the guy's talents fit like a glove out there...

The lakers will still offer him a max contract though. And no matter who you are and how bad the team currently is, EVERYONE listens when the Lakers offer you a max contract.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lakers will still offer him a max contract though. And no matter who you are and how bad the team currently is, EVERYONE listens when the Lakers offer you a max contract.

Lately, they have listened and politely declined.

I think this year we will see how much of the free agent drought has been the result of Kobe, and how much has been a result of Buss' incompetence.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately, they have listened and politely declined.

I think this year we will see how much of the free agent drought has been the result of Kobe, and how much has been a result of Buss' incompetence.

I don't think having Kobe on the team has helped in free agency, especially since his decline over the last few years. But having a younger and talented core this off season should be a 'plus'.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized Toronto is likely to have a top 10 pick this year as well

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a while I thought the Lakers could pry Whiteside outta Miami. now i'm not so sure. the guy's talents fit like a glove out there...

A recent rumor is the Heat may trade Bosh to be able to afford to pay Whiteside. (among others who they may want to sign ... including Wade ... who probably won't give the Heat a hometown discount this time)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A recent rumor is the Heat may trade Bosh to be able to afford to pay Whiteside. (among others who they may want to sign ... including Wade ... who probably won't give the Heat a hometown discount this time)
who wouldnt want an aging PF that might have to retire because of health issues that makes 25 million a year? lol.

good luck finding a taker there- unless you attach a bunch of assets.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who wouldnt want an aging PF that might have to retire because of health issues that makes 25 million a year? lol.

For the next 3 seasons. Yeah, that's going to be hard player to trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gilbert is gullible enough

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert is gullible enough

:lol: I gotta disagree there. I mean, Gilbert is a crybaby and a balls lacking idiot. But that would be Donald Sterling level stupid and Gilbert isn't THAT bad.

Unless Lebron says he wants Bosh, then Gilbert would do it instantly and Wiggy would be here claiming it's the greatest trade in league history.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that would even be a tough pill for the 76ers to swallow.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of ifs but if the Lakers do get the #1 pick and are able to land a big fish or two in free agency, I could definitely see them trading the pick for another big name player. That's pretty much a dream quick turnaround scenario.
If the Lakers get the 1st Pick, would they trade it for Okafor and the 2nd or 3rd pick? The 76ers have too many bigs. Okafor and Noel can't play together, imagine how much worse it will be when Embiid comes back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers get the 1st Pick, would they trade it for Okafor and the 2nd or 3rd pick? The 76ers have too many bigs. Okafor and Noel can't play together, imagine how much worse it will be when Embiid comes back.
i would--- it seems Ingram and Simmons are pretty equal for the most part....and Simmons is represented by Rich Paul so maybe you avoid him strong arming you if you decide on Ingram....only problem is Ingram is a little redundant with Randle in some ways..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it's for the #2 pick, they certainly would have to consider it and probably pull the trigger on a trade. Not so much if it's the 3rd pick, imo, because most feel there is a fairly steep drop after #2.

Simmons is supposed to be a rare talent, but the trade would immediately fill the Lakers 2 biggest current positions of need (center and small forward) with a very young group that could grow together. It would also help the Sixers because get Simmons who is an all-around player and helps breakup some of that logjam of bigs.

Starting lineup of:

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - Ingram
PF - Randle
C - Okafor

Yeah, as a Lakers fan, I could definitely get excited about that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically they can't trade the pick until after the draft. Obviously they can make a handshake deal prior, but since they would still owe Philly their 2017 first rounder, they would have to draft at #1 this year and trade the player come July.

I would give that serious consideration, but I don't think I'd trade for Okafor. If Randle is going to be the PF going forward, they need a rim protecting center. Embiid would be the better fit.

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - Ingram
PF - Randle
C - Embiid

Personally, from what video highlights I've seen, I like Ingram better than Simmons. His length, athleticism, defense, perimeter shooting, and ability to get to the rim, Ingram should develop into an excellent wing player.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would--- it seems Ingram and Simmons are pretty equal for the most part....and Simmons is represented by Rich Paul so maybe you avoid him strong arming you if you decide on Ingram....only problem is Ingram is a little redundant with Randle in some ways..

Simmons would be much more redundant with Randle than Ingram. Ingram would be a great fit with Randle given his perimeter shooting and defense. Simmons seems more of a point PF who can't shoot from the outside and plays poor defense. That's similar to Randle.