• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Draft

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I think Ingram would easily be a better fit for LA than Simmons, but like you said you can't pass on a talent like Simmons. Ever. I wonder if they'd look to deal Randle if they get the #1 pick.

OR, if they really wanna get crazy they could use the pick as trade bait for Cousins or some other star that ends up on the block.

Lots of ifs but if the Lakers do get the #1 pick and are able to land a big fish or two in free agency, I could definitely see them trading the pick for another big name player. That's pretty much a dream quick turnaround scenario.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of ifs but if the Lakers do get the #1 pick and are able to land a big fish or two in free agency, I could definitely see them trading the pick for another big name player. That's pretty much a dream quick turnaround scenario.

Yeah, I've given the Lakers and their fans crap over the last couple years for saying they could just land any big name they want via trade or FA, but if they get the #1 pick this year then a quick turnaround is definitely possible.

I could see Houston wanting to blow it up and deal Harden possibly. Cousins will be shopped, not sure if any other stars seem likely to be dealt, but if you land one heading into free agency it completely changes everything.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've given the Lakers and their fans crap over the last couple years for saying they could just land any big name they want via trade or FA, but if they get the #1 pick this year then a quick turnaround is definitely possible.

I could see Houston wanting to blow it up and deal Harden possibly. Cousins will be shopped, not sure if any other stars seem likely to be dealt, but if you land one heading into free agency it completely changes everything.

Fuck Harden. I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers. Boogie would be a great pickup if they could get him. If not, then I'd like to see them target Whiteside in FA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, I think Clarkson is better suited for a role as a good sixth man. LA should try to keep him as a combo guard off the bench, obviously he's played a lot the last couple years so he may not be a fan of it, but he just seems to be what he is, nothing special, but a good scorer and capable playmaker but not really a true PG.

Lou kinda has that role right now I suppose, so he could be expendable. I just wonder if Simmons starting alongside Randle would work. I could see LA and Philly swapping Okafor and Randle this summer if they each get the picks they are projected to get.

Randle-Noel would be more ideal for Philly in terms of spacing and Okafor-Simmons would fit better off each other than Simmons-Randle. That's just my speculation/opinion though.

Some good points. Depending on the development of Russell and Randle and/or what FA's the Lakers are able to land, I could see Clarkson filling a Byron Scott with the Showtime Lakers type role. He wasn't the star playing alongside Magic, Worthy and Kareem, but was very good for that team because he was dependable, knew his role and stuck with it. I don't see him becoming the star that Russell and Randle are expected to be, but he could be a very solid 10-12 year starter. They could have that and keep Lou coming off the bench as 6th man. Or they could start Lou and bring Clarkson off the bench. They are essentially the same guy anyway. :lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Harden. I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers. Boogie would be a great pickup if they could get him. If not, then I'd like to see them target Whiteside in FA.

Agreed. I'm just listing stars that are in volatile situations, lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford's latest mock has Jarrod Uthoff, going to the Warriors at 30. I just looked him up and watched some highlights. His game reminds me so much of Ryan Anderson. He's got elite shooting range, but he's also really good at shooting off the dribble. According to Ford he's also an excellent defender and good athlete. I see some athleticism, but nothing that blows me away. He also looks a bit slow to me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Brogdon is going to be a good get for a contender also.

I do not know where he is projected, he will likely fall due to lack of athletic measurables. I can tell you though, he will have a very good NBA career. He is the best wing defender in the college game right now. I can see him winding up somewhere like San Antonio.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Brogdon is going to be a good get for a contender also.

I do not know where he is projected, he will likely fall due to lack of athletic measurables. I can tell you though, he will have a very good NBA career. He is the best wing defender in the college game right now. I can see him winding up somewhere like San Antonio.

Right now in the two mock drafts I follow they have him going 35th and 58th.....Both times he's going to Boston

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram had a nice first game. Jaylen Brown had the opposite. Interesting to see how the tournament affects draft status.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what 2 free agents in free agency would give the lakers a "quick turn-around"?

My contention is there are no 2 free agents out there that would make the LAkers a team that anyone would pick passed a first round series- if they could HAND PICK and GUARANTEE they got their 2 guys.

Spurs, OKC, Clips, GSW would all still be head and shoulders better- those 4 at the VERY least.

there is no quick fix. If the Lakers squander this promising rebuild by trying a quick fix this offseason they will come to regret it mightily.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will have to say- if you guys do get #1 and draft Simmons (who IS going #1)- i will enjoy watching Rich Paul and LeBron's agency do exactly what LeBron is doing in Cleveland in LAL- (assuming- and its a BIG BIG BIG BIG assumption) that Simmons is worth the hype and will relaly become a super-super star one day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My contention is there are no 2 free agents out there that would make the LAkers a team that anyone would pick passed a first round series- if they could HAND PICK and GUARANTEE they got their 2 guys.

Spurs, OKC, Clips, GSW would all still be head and shoulders better- those 4 at the VERY least.

there is no quick fix. If the Lakers squander this promising rebuild by trying a quick fix this offseason they will come to regret it mightily.

Depends on what you mean by quick fix. Pretty sure that adding, for example, Durant and Horford or Whiteside along with the young talent the Lakers already have and a top 3 draft pick, would get them back to 2nd round in the playoffs status for next season and then with expected improvement by the youngsters, back in contention within a couple of seasons after that.

As @lakersrule pointed out, however, that's a dream scenario that is pretty unlikely to actually happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you mean by quick fix. Pretty sure that adding, for example, Durant and Horford or Whiteside along with the young talent the Lakers already have and a top 3 draft pick, would get them back to 2nd round in the playoffs status for next season and then with expected improvement by the youngsters, back in contention within a couple of seasons after that.

As @lakersrule pointed out, however, that's a dream scenario that is pretty unlikely to actually happen.
you are correct. I did not contemplate Durant as an option because i didnt even consider it a possiblity- all though i did say "if you could handpick any two guys"....so i do stand corrected- if you got Horford and Durant- id probably have to put you over the Clippers and of course- OKC then again by default since he would be gone from OKC.....good call....

any 2 besides Durant- who i think we can all agree is not happening...not at this point anyway...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will have to say- if you guys do get #1 and draft Simmons (who IS going #1)- i will enjoy watching Rich Paul and LeBron's agency do exactly what LeBron is doing in Cleveland in LAL- (assuming- and its a BIG BIG BIG BIG assumption) that Simmons is worth the hype and will relaly become a super-super star one day.

Why would they have to worry about that? There isn't much Lebron's agency can do about his rookie contract and after that, if he's worth max deals, the Lakers will give them to him.

Also, if you're talking about the 2 year deals with player option after 1, it's highly doubtful that will happen either. At least not any time soon. Lebron is doing that because he has to, to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire and make sure he does what Lebron wants. Also, Lebron has been in the league for a long time and sacrificed money by not being the highest paid player on his team when he was their best player. I don't care for what he's doing, but he's certainly earned the right to do it, imo.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correct. I did not contemplate Durant as an option because i didnt even consider it a possiblity- all though i did say "if you could handpick any two guys"....so i do stand corrected- if you got Horford and Durant- id probably have to put you over the Clippers and of course- OKC then again by default since he would be gone from OKC.....good call....

any 2 besides Durant- who i think we can all agree is not happening...not at this point anyway...

Without getting Durant, the Lakers are still about 2 years from being a solid playoff team and another 1-2 beyond that from being contenders and that's assuming they still sign a high end FA or 2 along the way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they get LeBron and Durant, they will immediately challenge the Warriors.

For all the shots people want to take at LeBron for teaming up with stars, he has never played with a star who actually complements his game. Durant does. Not saying this will happen, but it is a small possibility.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the shots people want to take at LeBron for teaming up with stars, he has never played with a star who actually complements his game.

Maybe Lebron should quit trying to play GM then.