• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Draft

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I gotta disagree there. I mean, Gilbert is a crybaby and a balls lacking idiot. But that would be Donald Sterling level stupid and Gilbert isn't THAT bad.

Unless Lebron says he wants Bosh, then Gilbert would do it instantly and Wiggy would be here claiming it's the greatest trade in league history.
Hey...Gilbert is a self-made billionaire.

I would think the owner who has had no succes on his own- who owes all his wealth to his daddy- who has run his team into the ground and has failed to get any big names players to go to LAL would be more in the market for Bosh than Gilbert---- I mean- the Cavs already have Kevin Love- ya know the guy that refused to take a meeting with La to sign a max contract in Cleveland last summer?

LOL.

Jimmy Buss trading for Bosh or Rose? I could DEFINITELY see it- especially if big name guys continue to refuse to play there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think the owner who has had no succes on his own- who owes all his wealth to his daddy- who has run his team into the ground and has failed to get any big names players to go to LAL would be more in the market for Bosh than Gilbert---- I mean- the Cavs already have Kevin Love- ya know the guy that refused to take a meeting with La to sign a max contract in Cleveland last summer?

LOL.

Jimmy Buss trading for Bosh or Rose? I could DEFINITELY see it- especially if big name guys continue to refuse to play there.

He may be a self made billionaire, but he's still a crybaby and a balls lacking idiot.

Lebron likes playing with his buddies. Are he and Bosh not friends? If Lebron decides he wants Bosh, Gilbert will do whatever he has to get him. Also, if Bosh is healthy, he would be a better fit than Love is because he doesn't need the ball as much and can impact the game on defense.

Problem is, with the health issue, you can't count on him unless and until he's completely cleared by doctors that there's no chance of the issue returning.

As for a trade for Bosh or Rose. Doubtful at best, especially if Mitch is allowed to do his job. If Jim gets in the way though, who the hell knows?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

How about your sad little team wins a championship first before you criticise others.

Right now my sons sticky bed sheets have just as many NBA titles as Cleveland does.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Thon Maker joins this class, that will mean 3 superstar potential players at the top. That would be sick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the NBA will approve Maker. Even though he's 19, I'm not sure they'll buy the "post graduate" year to get by the 1 year removed from HS rule.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy if they buy it.

I wonder why the sudden change of heart?

Still wouldn't take Maker before Simmons, Ingram, Hield nor Dunn.

He's skinny. But, so is Porzingis.

It will be interesting to see where he goes.

But, it will be in the lottery.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy if they buy it.

I'd imagine he'd be Top 10 pick just given his upside but his hype train has cooled off a bit from where it was a year or two ago. He's no longer a "can't miss kid". That might actually be why his handlers are pushing to get him in the draft now. They don't want him being exposed more like Skal Labissiere was. Skal will probably go high this year but that's because the draft is weak so its not going to hurt Skal as much as it would in most drafts. Next year's is a lot better meaning Maker could fall pretty far if he struggles to adjust like Skal did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy if they buy it.

The Porzingis comparison is a good one. He may be skinny, but he is amazingly skilled for a 7 footer. There is no way he falls out of the top 3 if the NBA lets him enter the draft. No way. His upside is as high as any player drafted in the past 5 years.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the NBA will approve Maker. Even though he's 19, I'm not sure they'll buy the "post graduate" year to get by the 1 year removed from HS rule.

DraftExpress -- 2015 Nike Hoop Summit Final Recap April 11, 2015 Thon Maker – 2 PTS, 10 REBS (5 offensive), 0-for-5 FGs in 14 min Maker played hard and was very active on the glass but really struggled on the offensive end, bobbling passes (which he did all week), forcing shots at the rim and showing below average basketball instincts. Maker is a unique prospect given his size, length and mobility but the game was too fast for him on Saturday and he didn't show much in terms of touch or skill in the game after an up and down week of practice.

How bearish is it right to be on an allegedly skilled 7 footer who in spite of his pathetic offensive showing still corralled 10 rebounds in 14 minutes? I am not sure, but watching Thon Maker try to play basketball resembled a drunk baby trying to walk for the first time ever. He consistently fumbled loose balls, tossed passes that missed his teammate by a mile, left his feet without a clue of what to do with the ball, and attempted shots directly into the hands of the opposing defender. He was clumsy with horrific feel for the game. While the latter may be improved with repetitions against quality competition, the former figures to persist as a thorn in his upside. He looked like he will be lucky to become as good as Byron Mullens and I am really not sure how much his size and alleged skill can overcome his warts. And frankly I am befuddled by the narrative that he is highly skilled since he appears to operate with four hooves instead of two hands and two feet. It still is just one game so I will leave my mind open to it being fluke for some reason but at this point I could not be more bearish on Maker.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine he'd be Top 10 pick just given his upside but his hype train has cooled off a bit from where it was a year or two ago. He's no longer a "can't miss kid". That might actually be why his handlers are pushing to get him in the draft now. They don't want him being exposed more like Skal Labissiere was. Skal will probably go high this year but that's because the draft is weak so its not going to hurt Skal as much as it would in most drafts. Next year's is a lot better meaning Maker could fall pretty far if he struggles to adjust like Skal did.

Agree 100%.

Just goes to show that you shouldn't drink the Kool Aid based on YouTube videos...lol

Remember the Kevin Durant comparisons? :nono:

But, outside the top 10, he's a no brainer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Porzingis comparison is a good one. He may be skinny, but he is amazingly skilled for a 7 footer. There is no way he falls out of the top 3 if the NBA lets him enter the draft. No way. His upside is as high as any player drafted in the past 5 years.

I could see a Team like Toronto or Boston rolling the dice.

The Raptors are already pretty good. So, unless someone has an unexpected drop, they may take a swing because they have time to wait for him to develop.

Boston has multiple picks and could go high risk/high reward.

But, unless he bombs during his workouts, I don't see him getting passed Phoenix, at #12, not their top 4 pick.

Just spit balling. But if he gets in it will be intriguing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thon Maker to me looks like a huge project. Upside is definitely there, but he's not going to be able to contribute for at least a few years. In typical drafts I would think he wouldn't get a look until the late 20's, but due to the weakness of this draft a team might swing for the fence with him earlier.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.

Just goes to show that you shouldn't drink the Kool Aid based on YouTube videos...lol

Remember the Kevin Durant comparisons? :nono:

But, outside the top 10, he's a no brainer.

I live in VA and have seen Thon Maket in person about a dozen times. Basketball IQ seemed lacking and I have not seen him in a couple years, but there has never been such an amazing combination of youth, skill and size, at least from what I saw 2 years ago.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy if they buy it.

Chad Ford's latest Mock has Maker going #23 to the Celtics. (their 3rd 1st round pick) Stuff could change a lot -- for example, I don't think there is any way Boston wants to add 3 rookies to the team next year -- they will probably move 1-2 of the picks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford's latest Mock has Maker going #23 to the Celtics. (their 3rd 1st round pick) Stuff could change a lot -- for example, I don't think there is any way Boston wants to add 3 rookies to the team next year -- they will probably move 1-2 of the picks.

That is shocking to me. He must not have gotten any better. At 14 years old, he was 7 feet tall, fluid and handling the ball like a guard. His skill set reminded me of Kevin Garnett. I have never seen a more promising prospect, and I have seen a lot of them.

Based on the latest reports, I am wondering if he is either injured, or that maybe he is not really 19. Sometimes African born players have birth certificate issues. I have a really hard time imagining a 14 year old with his skill set not continuing to develop.

Either he got hurt, burnt out, or he was not really 14.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Chad Ford doesn't have Brice Johnson in his 1st round. I know he's a senior, but dude can ball and you could do much worse than him in the 20's.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy I haven't heard people high, probably because he had a rough go with some injuries the last couple seasons is Caris Levert. He's 6'7", point guard handle, great passing ability, can play multiple positions and is a pretty good outside shooter. If he could stay healthy, I think he's going to be one of the steals of the draft.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Chad Ford doesn't have Brice Johnson in his 1st round. I know he's a senior, but dude can ball and you could do much worse than him in the 20's.
Yeah that's weird. I've seen some mocks putting him between 10-15. I think he'll make a nice pro. Kinda reminds me of Shawn Marion athletic wise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's weird. I've seen some mocks putting him between 10-15. I think he'll make a nice pro. Kinda reminds me of Shawn Marion athletic wise.

DraftExpress got him going to the Suns with the 33rd pick