• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency Talk

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed, he's not saying he couldn't have done the same or better in the SB.

He's saying he doesn't think Brock has the experience necessary to get by the Pats to even get to the SB, and I think he is right. Look how much Manning struggled over the years to get by them, and Manning is about as smart as they come when it comes to football. You can't think Brock would've done it first time around?

If Manning doesn't play that game, Pats are in the SB instead of Denver.

Sorry ALR, but that's EXACTLY what Coug said:

I never said Manning LEAD them to a Super Bowl win?? But he helped. I just disagree when you say Brock could've just as easily won the Super Bowl. You don't know that. Manning has so much more experience and does so much at the line of scrimmage that Brock can't do yet.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and if Brock was the starter do you really think the defense would not have a different game plan for him? They would dial up the pressure and force him into mistakes. Something they can't do with Manning. We are talking about one of the best QB's of ALL TIME. The fact he still won when everyone knows he can't make all the throws anymore should tell you how smart he is. But yeah let's start Brock what could go wrong...

Get off it Coug, really "they can't dial up the pressure and force him into mistakes" ya manning has never been pressure and never been forced into mistakes! Get real. You say the fact is everyone knows he can't make all the throws anymore,so that tells me they don't have game plan for him as much.
Bottomline is the defense got them past Pitt, past NE, and past Carolina! Then you say, "ya let's start Brock, what could go wrong" oh i don't know, I suppose he could throw an interception deep in his own territory like Manning did, and hope the D bails him out like they did for Manning!
Brock played well when thrown in as the starter, you don't think there was any pressure on him, and he outperformed Manning and was a huge reason Denver won the SB

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Rams news trickling in....

zzzzz5.jpg

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they better get busy! They have a ton of money to spend!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins right now is a man without a team by his own stupidity and over-exaggerated opinion of his skills. IT may cost him millions in the end.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro he's probably on an island right now so freking high talking to coconuts about how the Rams disrespected him it will be a few days before contact.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL RUMORS: COLIN KAEPERNICK TO LEAVE 49ERS AND LAND WITH NEW YORK JETS OR LOS ANGELES RAMS
DANNY COX

It may not be only the Rams who are heading to Los Angeles for the 2016 season. Speculation has run wild for months that Colin Kaepernick‘s time with the San Francisco 49ers was over, and it still may be. Word has it that there aren’t a lot of suitors who can actually take him and his contract on, but two NFL teams are possible landing spots for him as the L.A. Rams and New York Jets may be a perfect match.

For the 2016 season, Colin Kaepernick’s base salary is that of $11.9 million and that causes a lot of issues with him possibly moving elsewhere. Sure, there is the possibility of a trade, but the money issues is a big problem. Cutting him would be easier, and that would still cost the 49ers a pretty penny, but it may be worth it if he’s not going to be used.

Even with the arrival of Chip Kelly as head coach in San Francisco, it doesn’t appear as if Kaepernick has a place there anymore. At this point, Blaine Gabbert is going into the season as the starting quarterback for the 49ers.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content...york-jets-los-angeles-rams-blaine-gabbert.jpg

nfl-rumors-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-new-york-jets-los-angeles-rams-blaine-gabbert.jpg
[Image via Ezra Shaw/Getty Images]
ESPN’s John Clayton (NFL expert) was on 95.7 The Game and spoke about what could happen with Kaepernick in San Francisco. That was when Clayton said that if Kaepernick ends up being cut by the 49ers, he’s going to land with the Rams in Los Angeles.

“If he’s cut, he’s going down to the Rams. That could be a pretty good, impactful type move. Because here you have Todd Gurley, probably the best young running back in football and you put Kaepernick out there, teams on defense have to play linebackers at the edge and that could add, I don’t know, 10 to 15 percent on the yardage totals for Todd Gurley because it’s going to open up the middle.”

Having him land in the NFC West is not ideal at all because the 49ers would want to get him out of their division. Clayton continues on to say that they could just hold onto Kaepernick and force him to either sit on the bench or retire since he’s under contract to them.

If the 49ers do everything in their power to move Colin Kaepernick out of the NFC West, then they could look for a trade partner. As The Big Lead reported, the New York Jets were hoping to have Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2016, but they could be without a quarterback at all.

With no deal even close to being in place, for the to-be-34-year-old Fitzpatrick this year, the Jets are not going to dare go back to Geno Smith. With a decent crop of wide receivers, they want someone that can actually mold with them and get use out of their talents.

This could be where Kaepernick comes into play.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content...co-49ers-new-york-jets-los-angeles-rams-2.jpg

nfl-rumors-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-new-york-jets-los-angeles-rams-2.jpg
[Image via Elsa/Getty Images]
The New York Jets need something big to happen in free agency, especially if they lose Ryan Fitzpatrick. Things were made worse late on Tuesday as ESPN reported that running back Chris Ivory will be leaving town and heading to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

That move will be made official after 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday when the new NFL year begins.

Colin Kaepernick‘s time with the San Francisco 49ers is done, and that’s true even if he is still with the team for the 2016 season. For his own career’s sake, he needs to get out of there, and it looks as if the Los Angeles Rams or New York Jets are going to be the best possible spots for him.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I would like to see how much they overpaid him.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams even upped their offer to 11.5, good riddance

:hammer:

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh darn, I'll miss seeing JJ trail a play in which he blew his coverage on a pump fake. Talented dude, but gives up big plays at the worst possible time in a game.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried free agency just started, besides free agency is overrated.

No winning seasons for the Dolphins in that period.

They have overrated Suh and has been Mario.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried free agency just started, besides free agency is overrated.

No winning seasons for the Dolphins in that period.

They have overrated Suh and has been Mario.

If we lose McLoed im worried. The Rams seem to be concentrating on Hayes? Which I don't get because this draft is loaded with pass rushers.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barron is our most important FA, then McLeod IMO.