• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency Talk

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya you can say that since, it worked out and they won, what would people be saying if Denver's defense didn't step up and win that game? They would be saying Manning needs to hang it up!Manning did nothing to win that game, in fact defense bailed him out at the goal line after his poor interception! He played average at best in the other two playoff games, in fact I thought he was less than average!

You say Manning was outplayed in the regular season, yet he didn't really play any better in the playoffs!
We will never know if Osweiler could have also been the winning QB in that game, but I'd guess he would have done as well as Manning!

Isn't the point of making a decision like that because the coach believes he is right? The result speaks for itself! They won it all, so he was right. Period. End of discussion.

I would say Manning played better in the playoffs because he wasn't turning the ball over like he did during the regular season. He figured out he needed to be that game manager instead of his old gun slinging self.

I agree about Osweiler, but like you said, we'll never know.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I'd guess he would have done as well as Manning!
I'm not so sure. Let's not forget that last regular season game for Denver at home. Straight from the NFL website....

Peyton Manning replaced Brock Osweiler in the third quarter and led the Broncos in a 27-20 win over the San Diego Chargers that clinched the top seed in the AFC playoffs for Denver. The Broncos were facing the possibility of tumbling into the wild-card round because of Kansas City's 10th consecutive win when Manning came to the rescue.
In less than three quarters of play, Brock had FIVE turnovers in that game!

Let's not underscore the 'pressure' associated with being either the No. 1 Seed or in the wild card round. This was in essence some of the same pressure associated with a playoff scenario and Brock struggled. Struggled so much that coach had to play a hunch that Manning could come in to save the day, which PM did.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure. Let's not forget that last regular season game for Denver at home. Straight from the NFL website....

Peyton Manning replaced Brock Osweiler in the third quarter and led the Broncos in a 27-20 win over the San Diego Chargers that clinched the top seed in the AFC playoffs for Denver. The Broncos were facing the possibility of tumbling into the wild-card round because of Kansas City's 10th consecutive win when Manning came to the rescue.
In less than three quarters of play, Brock had FIVE turnovers in that game!

Let's not underscore the 'pressure' associated with being either the No. 1 Seed or in the wild card round. This was in essence some of the same pressure associated with a playoff scenario and Brock struggled. Struggled so much that coach had to play a hunch
that Manning could come in to save the day, which PM did.

And therein lies the problem with the media Vita, the Payton Manning led Broncos win the Super Bowl?. Headline should have said, Denver D lead Broncos to win!

I watched that SD game, ya Manning came in and Denver won, media says "manning comes in and leads Denver to victory" or something like that! Manning didn't play all that great that game either, and he led them to nothing, Denver's defense got interception and returned it to SD 23 yard line, Hillman then had a 23 yard TD run, Denver wins 27-20, but it was a sweet hand off by Manning, I guess? While Osweiller didnt have a great game it wasn't horrible other then the 2 picks, he also fumbled, so ya he had 3 turnovers, Manning was averaging that a game? (slight exaggeration:))

Manning played below average in all 3 playoff games! And as I said earlier, Denver's Defense won the Super Bowl otherwise Carolina wins. Denver D scores TD and holds Carolina to FG deep in their own territory after Manning throws interception!
Manning threw for 222 yards, 176, and 141 in the SB, 2 TD's and 1 int in 3 games, do I think Brock could have done "at least" that, yes I do!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the point of making a decision like that because the coach believes he is right? The result speaks for itself! They won it all, so he was right. Period. End of discussion.

I would say Manning played better in the playoffs because he wasn't turning the ball over like he did during the regular season. He figured out he needed to be that game manager instead of his old gun slinging self.

I agree about Osweiler, but like you said, we'll never know.

The results are the results, but the reaults arent because of Manning, but I think Denver won in spite of Mannings performance. Denver doesn't bail out Manning after that interception deep in Denver land, Denver loses because of Manning?

You may be right, who knows, maybe Manning realized he couldn't throw deep and that his skills are limited now, but if that was the game plan Osweiller could have dinked and dunked and thrown for 141 in SB too! What if somehow Denver's D couldn't stop Carolina, and they got behind, I would rather have someone that can get the ball downfield, which Manning doesn't seem able to do anymore?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The results are the results, but the reaults arent because of Manning, but I think Denver won in spite of Mannings performance. Denver doesn't bail out Manning after that interception deep in Denver land, Denver loses because of Manning?

You may be right, who knows, maybe Manning realized he couldn't throw deep and that his skills are limited now, but if that was the game plan Osweiller could have dinked and dunked and thrown for 141 in SB too! What if somehow Denver's D couldn't stop Carolina, and they got behind, I would rather have someone that can get the ball downfield, which Manning doesn't seem able to do anymore?

unbelievable. maybe they should just cut Manning and Brock and trade for Davis since they have a great D.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame, lame, and lame, but keep trying little buddy:)

its funny you don't want to give the QB any credit when they win but when they lose its the QB fault because they are the general and everything goes thru them??

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny you don't want to give the QB any credit when they win but when they lose its the QB fault because they are the general and everything goes thru them??

Manning has lead his team to a SB, he is the reason why they won a SB in Indy! Big Ben has led his team to SB's he is why they won, same for Brady, same for lots of other QB's, I will give them credit, but why in the Hell would I give credit to the QB if he really didn't have much to do with them winning?

Warner is why the Rams won a SB, but he's not the reason he lost 2 other ones. As i said if a QB does everything he can and they still lose, it's not on him

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning has lead his team to a SB, he is the reason why they won a SB in Indy! Big Ben has led his team to SB's he is why they won, same for Brady, same for lots of other QB's, I will give them credit, but why in the Hell would I give credit to the QB if he really didn't have much to do with them winning?

Warner is why the Rams won a SB, but he's not the reason he lost 2 other ones. As i said if a QB does everything he can and they still lose, it's not on him

:clap:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warner is why the Rams won a SB?? sure he had no help on that team omg.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although Warner wasn't the reason his teams defenses gave up the winning scores, he was responsible for pick 6's in both those loses. So, you can argue that had he not thrown those, his teams win both those games regardless of the defenses.

So, he is responsible for both those loses just as much as the defenses were.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he was the MVP, no? When you are the Most Valuable Player, you are considered the main reason for the Victory, right?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-45 414yds 2tds 0ints...Yeah, I'd say he had quite a bit to do with that win...

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Warner wasn't the reason his teams defenses gave up the winning scores, he was responsible for pick 6's in both those loses. So, you can argue that had he not thrown those, his teams win both those games regardless of the defenses.

So, he is responsible for both those loses just as much as the defenses were.

I know he threw those, but it's still unbelievable that Harrison wasn't caught in his Arizona appearance? I also said that i would not blame any QB that gave everything that he could do to win those games. I think that Warner still holds the top 3 spots for passing yards in a SB game? So while he did throw a couple pick sixes, he played great and gave his team a great chance to win, that's all anyone can ask! Sure he can share the blame, but it's not totally on him?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh that's right Bulger took basically that same team to the SB. Ya he had help, Argue about it all you want Coug, Warner made that team click! Without Warner they don't go to SB, let alone win it!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he threw those, but it's still unbelievable that Harrison wasn't caught in his Arizona appearance? I also said that i would not blame any QB that gave everything that he could do to win those games. I think that Warner still holds the top 3 spots for passing yards in a SB game? So while he did throw a couple pick sixes, he played great and gave his team a great chance to win, that's all anyone can ask! Sure he can share the blame, but it's not totally on him?

I didn't say it was totally on him.

Just said he was just as responsible as the defenses for those losses.

As for Harrison's return, I think there were some holds on Pittsburgh that weren't called, but it's all said and done.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that's right Bulger took basically that same team to the SB. Ya he had help, Argue about it all you want Coug, Warner made that team click! Without Warner they don't go to SB, let alone win it!

I guarantee Warner would tell you he doesn't get to the SB with out Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Pace and the other all pros on the team. get it? it was an amazing team. He wasn't throwing to Mardy Gilyard or Austin Pettis was he?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played pretty well against NE, so I don't know how you can say they won in spite of him. He wasn't lighting up the box score, but Kubiak wanted to rely on his defense and not turn the ball over, which Manning did very well. We don't know how Osweiker would have done. He could have lit it up or shit the bed, who knows? All we know is that Manning was the man behind center running the offense. If woulda coulda shoulda is your argument, you're going to have a difficult time making your case when the fact of the matter is Manning & the Broncos won the SB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough of the Peyton crap, he's announcing his retirement tomorrow supposedly.

How about pertinent offseason discussion? Bears are looking to trade Martellus Bennett because he wants a new deal. Would he accept what Cook was making (was due almost 8m this year, Bennett currently making $5M plus prorated signing bonus of 1.125M)? He could be basically everything Cook was SUPPOSED to be, and is only a year older.