• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Copa America

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colombia played half speed all game. Don't let set piece goals fool you into thinking this game was close, they barely pressed. They didn't have to. They got an easy goal early, knew they were better, and just cruised. We, on the hand, shit the bed. That wasn't a good performance. Don't sugar coat it with "not all that bad". The only player that was decent I thought was Cameron. He totally blew it on that set piece but he also bailed our asses out on like 3 other plays that could/would have been goals. Not exactly a good performance when your "best" guy gave up a goal.

Bradley was fucking awful. He's one of the most overrated players I've seen. He's good (probably closer to average if we're realistic), but he's not even close to the level he's talked about, especially by those with ties to US Soccer. And in typical US fashion, we did what we always do when we get on the opponent's side of the field; throw up on our shoes. It drives me nuts how so many of our players get caught in between making a pass/going for goal/dribbling. It's always one thing too many and the result is usually not getting a shot off. Just drive the damn ball at the goal! You're at the box and you're down two. Stop getting cute. It already looks like they have no plan when they get the ball down there anyway, so you might as well fire off at the goalie. Maybe you'll get a lucky deflection. It's a hell of a lot better than wandering around waiting to get tackled clean by a defender and bitching to the ref about a clean call.

I didn't expect to win tonight but maybe a goal and at least a solid effort. Judging by this game, it looks no different than the hapless team we've seen over the last 1.5 years.

Fair summary.... The US had composure within the first 2/3rds of the field for very long spurts. However, I completely agree with your assessment on Colombia. They paced the game accordingly. They were in control and I'm surprised US fans are unaware of how Colombia completely allowed the US to play within the two thirds and then took the final third away with ease.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair summary.... The US had composure within the first 2/3rds of the field for very long spurts. However, I completely agree with your assessment on Colombia. They paced the game accordingly. They were in control and I'm surprised US fans are unaware of how Colombia completely allowed the US to play within the two thirds and then took the final third away with ease.

Even as someone who knows very little it was easy to tell that Colombia was just cruising along. They KNEW we were their bitch. They KNEW we had no chance early on.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as someone who knows very little it was easy to tell that Colombia was just cruising along. They KNEW we were their bitch. They KNEW we had no chance early on.
That's a bit extreme as the US held possession 53% of the time.... But Colombia was comfortable with that. I can't think of more than one 1 good opportunity for the US that did not involve a set piece.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit extreme as the US held possession 53% of the time.... But Colombia was comfortable with that. I can't think of more than one 1 good opportunity for the US that did not involve a set piece.

Exactly. Problem was lacking ideas in the final third.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another half of this would be nice for the US

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We "should" be able to beat both of these teams now to get through group stage. But I could easily see us tying Costa Rica and having to beat Paraguay + see what happens with CR/Colombia. That CR/Colombia game could be nerve racking with Colombia already thru and potentially resting people as well thus making it easier for CR to get a win

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We "should" be able to beat both of these teams now to get through group stage. But I could easily see us tying Costa Rica and having to beat Paraguay + see what happens with CR/Colombia. That CR/Colombia game could be nerve racking with Colombia already thru and potentially resting people as well thus making it easier for CR to get a win
I suspect this as well. That said, if the US loses 2 more or ties 2 more or loses one and ties one, the fervor around Klinsmann will magnify - just or unjust.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hate these commentators on fox. Wish this was on espn or Bein

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
took me almost 15 minutes to find the english commentating channel last night.....no less than 4 stations were in espanol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys seen the ending of Haiti vs Peru? Poor Haiti player broke dowj in tears after missing an easy chance to tie it