• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Copa America

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Mexico City is poor for the health and provides the most severe advantage, their argument carries no weight in my opinion. Pasadena is a home game for Mexico anyway.

I can't believe we allow Mexico to schedule "home games" at the rose bowl. What a fucking joke.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the olympics, World Cup, pan American games, special olympics, and any other global sports event. This is what we do.

I'd like to see numbers but I bet this tournament has a much better ROI than the Olympics. More importantly, hosting this will build more interest in soccer and help grow the national team. So USF should be fully behind the idea...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Mexico City is poor for the health and provides the most severe advantage, their argument carries no weight in my opinion. Pasadena is a home game for Mexico anyway.

That didn't stop the idiots at US Soccer from claiming that the US and Mexico should share the next WC bid. What a nightmare that would be of corruption, drug cartels, and violent crimes committed against the visiting fanbases during the tournament.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see numbers but I bet this tournament has a much better ROI than the Olympics. More importantly, hosting this will build more interest in soccer and help grow the national team. So USF should be fully behind the idea...

There is absolutely nothing to build when we host a copa or WC. All the stadiums are world class facilities, the hotels to host the teams and visiting fans, the travel options, all the safety that the US law enforcement provides, and infrastructure is all there.

The US should always be hosting the copa and on a say every 4th WC rotation.

Rotation should look like:

Europe
Asia (Japan, SK, China joint bids)
Brazil, South Africa, etc....
USA

That looks looks like perfection to me.

Septic Bladders dictatorship at FIFA is over and with it, hopefully crap like Russia and Qatar are over with it. The corruption was institutionalized. But I'm not holding my breath it's going to get cleaner. There is so much sleaze involved with the beautiful game when it comes to merchandise, broadcast deals, etc.... One dirty deal and people are set to live high on the hill and fly first class for the rest of their lives.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think the Quatar will actually get to host the world Cup?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been cancelled by now imo, the corruption news came out awhile ago but no changes so I think it is safe to say it will be done there. Hurray slave labor and 100+ degree games!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they would have addressed it already if they were planning on it.

Realistically, the US is one of the few places who could host on ultra short notice (considering it's been in France and Germany in recent years). I know removing Sepp was good for everyone, but I can't really imagine the US leading the charge to oust most of FIFA's leadership and then FIFA turning around and rewarding the us with the WC after it's been promised elsewhere.

Not saying they deserve it, but it would also be upsetting to know all the workers who have lost their lives in Qatar if for naught.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russia is going to happen, even though it will be a trainwreck with attendance.

Qatar is one of the richest countries on the planet, and they have politicians like the Clintons and many European leaders in their back pockets. Too much money has been committed and contracts signed for FIFA to just say, "Sorry, but we're moving it somewhere else".

It would be the right thing to do, but it's already too late. And just cause Bladder and his inner circle of thieves are on their way out, doesn't mean any real change will occur at FIFA.

Awarding the USA and UK the next two bids would be the right thing to do, but don't hold your breath.

And if US soccer tries to include Mexico as a joint bid, I will vomit. Mexico deserves a World Cup as much as Syria does.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Mexico. Love it. That was a historical ass raping and couldn't of happened to a more deserving fanbase. :clap:

Mexican fans were a disgrace at Levi Stadium. I think when Chile scored the 3rd goal they were throwing a bunch of crap from the stands on them. When the 49ers get crushed by the Seahawks there I don't see the 49er fans doing that to Seahawks. Mexican fans take your lumps like men and women. Lose with class!!! Mexican fans can't do that. That is why at that point I wanted Chile to put a reign of terror on Mexico. They sure did. 7-0. I was hoping 10-0, and if Vidal had hit his opportunities it could have been. Or if you want to throw something...throw it on your own team. The Mexican team quit. All you Mexican fans at Levis paid your hard earned money to see your team quit. The team didn't care about you. They are the ones that deserved the garbage and beer rained down on them, if anyone, and definitely not Chile.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fathers Day here and met up with a lot of family, my Argentine family thinks USA will give Argentina a decent game. I imagine when I return to work on Tuesday (Monday is holiday here), all my coworkers will be giving me hard time about the game.

I hope Argentina defense has costly early turnover and resulting USA goal.. then Argentina starts pressing.

No one here can believe Chile beat Mexico 7-0.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fathers Day here and met up with a lot of family, my Argentine family thinks USA will give Argentina a decent game. I imagine when I return to work on Tuesday (Monday is holiday here), all my coworkers will be giving me hard time about the game.

I hope Argentina defense has costly early turnover and resulting USA goal.. then Argentina starts pressing.

No one here can believe Chile beat Mexico 7-0.

Their back line is one spot where they might be prone to mistakes. We have to test them early and often. Wood would make a huge difference in that but I have no faith in FIFA doing the right thing so Yedlin and Johnson will need to be flying up and down the touch lines all game. If we try to park the bus, Messi and company will pick us apart. Not sure who you assign to stay in his back pocket. Beckerman maybe. Might be one of the few times i wouldn't mind seeing him in the starting 11.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick Mexico!!! Turn on FS1. They're replaying your match right now.

Talk about soccer pron.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina v. US predictions?

I'm going with 3-1 Argentina. I believe the US attacks and goes for it. I suspect we will proud of the result in light of the shuffled line up and aggressive game plan.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina v. US predictions?

I'm going with 3-1 Argentina. I believe the US attacks and goes for it. I suspect we will proud of the result in light of the shuffled line up and aggressive game plan.

3-1 Argentina sounds about right to me. I was surprised how many opportunities Venezuela had on the Argentina back end so there could be good opportunities for USA for more than 1 goal. If Wood was there, I would say maybe 2 goals for USA. I don't think they can hold Argentina to less than 3 though. I think it will be a pretty wide open game.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say the US wins 4-4 (5-4) on penalties. Hell why not, I'll be out of town until Thursday anyway so I won't have to see how wrong I am live lol.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you held a gun to my head is say Argentina 3-2. I could see a 2-2 score going to PK's.