• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Copa America

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I gotta disagree with is your assessment of Bradley. He did a great job linking the defense to the midfield in moving the ball forward and played some beautiful balls in behind the defense, which is what he does best. He wasn't playing an attacking mid position.
His turnovers undermined that roll in my opinion. All it takes is one or two Claudio Retna-esque turnovers to undermine a game. Unacceptable from the captain and can't happen against Argentina, a game in which Bradley has to "be more" in order for the US to keep it respectable.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we've lost 3 of our starting 11, including maybe the best player on the pitch last night (Wood) going into the semifinals. We're gonna have to get creative about how we attack Argentina without him. Yedlin and Johnson are going to have to be flying up the touch line all night and someone in the midfield is going to have to cover Yedlin's ass when he does.

Jones is playing so well, that one hurts to lose. Bedoya does not bother me. Agree 100%, Wood hurts. He has taken on the Altidore roll very well and he is a pest for defenses.

Roll the dice, sub in some youth that is too stupid to get caught up in the moment. Wondo up front does not excite me. Having to endure him missing gimme goals is never fun.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I gotta disagree with is your assessment of Bradley. He did a great job linking the defense to the midfield in moving the ball forward and played some beautiful balls in behind the defense, which is what he does best. He wasn't playing an attacking mid position.
Quote from StarsandstripesFC:

• Michael Bradley gives the ball away too much. Ecuador didn't punish the U.S., but a better team will. He's playing too deep to be so frivolous with the ball.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is playing so well, that one hurts to lose. Bedoya does not bother me. Agree 100%, Wood hurts. He has taken on the Altidore roll very well and he is a pest for defenses.

Roll the dice, sub in some youth that is too stupid to get caught up in the moment. Wondo up front does not excite me. Having to endure him missing gimme goals is never fun.

If Wondo starts I will kick my tv screen in. I do think Nagbe gets a start and Pulisic will see the field at some point. I don't think the moment will be too big for him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 would be incredible! Wow, I'd be so proud of the team. Highly improbable, but that's why they play the game.

I think you continue to underestimate this team as you usually do.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome to get the win and the first half was really solid but damn if that 2nd half wasn't frustrating as hell. Bedoya and Jones with the really stupid cards so now they miss the next game and I hated the way we played. Got waaaaaay too conservative. We did a good job possessing the ball in the 1st half but even before 10 vs 10, we were content to let Ecuador get opportunity after opportunity. Quite frankly we're damn lucky they didn't tie. That's not good strategy. That's stupid play and we got fortunate. I'm not saying you attack attack attack. You can play defensively while still kicking the ball around to kill time. We were just like "deflection save! Here, have another try. Deflection save! Ok, here's the ball, try again Ecuador".

Doesn't really matter though in the long run. It's a great set of results for this tournament. It does suck to be without so many guys but we're not likely to beat Argentina anyway. 4th is a fantastic result and 3rd would be even better.

On the play Jones got tossed, it looked like Brooks shoved someone too in the bedlam. Thought for sure he'd get a yellow. Bedoya, Donovan was practically begging Klinsmann to get him off the field being too tired in the broadcast, and then he gets a yellow. Too late. They are really going to miss Woods. I guess they couldn't control themselves even though 7 of them were already on yellow. Didn't play smart in the second half, and now Jones, Wood, Beduya going to miss the big game against Argentina and Messi.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the play Jones got tossed, it looked like Brooks shoved someone too in the bedlam. Thought for sure he'd get a yellow. Bedoya, Donovan was practically begging Klinsmann to get him off the field being too tired in the broadcast, and then he gets a yellow. Too late. They are really going to miss Woods. I guess they couldn't control themselves even though 7 of them were already on yellow. Didn't play smart in the second half, and now Jones, Wood, Beduya going to miss the big game against Argentina and Messi.

Yeah. Some guys are really going to have to step up. Losing Wood is going to make attacking more challenging.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you continue to underestimate this team as you usually do.
You mean the team I predicted to lose 2-1 to Colombia (that lost 2-0)? You mean the team I predicted to beat Costa Rica? You mean the team I predicted to beat Paraguay? You mean the team I predicted to beat Ecuador 2-1 (nailed it)?

Old narrative. Try again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the team I predicted to lose 2-1 to Colombia (that lost 2-0)? You mean the team I predicted to beat Costa Rica? You mean the team I predicted to beat Paraguay? You mean the team I predicted to beat Ecuador 2-1 (nailed it)?

Old narrative. Try again.

You mean the team you expected not to get out of the group? You mean the team that you expected to lose to Ghana and finish last in their group in Brazil? The narrative still fits.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win for States.. looked like the better team 11 vs 11.. when down to 10 a side I think the extra space benefited Ecuador more than USA.

- Straight red to Jones was too much.. barely touched him, even though in the face and did not even look intentional.
- Dempsy big game... also like how Woods has played up front. Agree USA will miss him up front next game.
- Johnson was manhandled all night on the right side
- Agree that Bradley had some costly turnovers in the middle of the field... distributed well at times, but some really poor passes leading to some solids attempts for Ecuador
- Thought Brooks handled a speedy Valencia well.. however almost had an own goal and lost his mark on one of the header attempts by Valencia.. but he is great player and still thought he played well defensively

I live in Argentina and see their team play all the time. If they beat Venezuela will be extremely difficult matchup for USA.. but Argentina is always snake bitten in tournaments. Argentine up front it elite.. back line is nothing special.

Argentina is a different team if they can get the lead early... if they can be held, they start pressing and is when you can hope for a draw. Argentina selection has not done well with penalty shootouts in Copas recently.. lost to Chile last year in final and Uruguay in 2011 in quarters.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least there's a chance @romeo212000

Wood's might get tossed because it was received during the run of play when the ball should've never been in play because Jones wasn't off the field yet. It never should've happened.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peru and Colombia heading to penalty kicks

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck. I just tuned in.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colombia wins shootout to advance

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Way to choke, bud.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun game to watch despite the score...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people will have a difficult time finding the games tonight. Have no idea why you put your quarterfinals match on freaking FX of all channels. Not FS1, not FS2, and not FOX

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina up 1-0.