• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Copa America

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yedlin has the pace to make up if needed.

That's why he made the team. Yedlin isn't that great of a defender, he's just fast enough to make up for his lack of technique and skill.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina will give them trouble because the refs fucked us the last two games, but bitching about tonight's performance proves you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to soccer. GTFO.

You eat hairy man-ass.

You probably approve of the 'defense only' strategy the last 10+ minutes of the game. USA is damned lucky the 3rd world peasants didn't tie it up.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At minimum, we'll have everyone back for a run at 3rd.

Can't be disappointed with the showing this tournament regardless of the Semi outcome. Best showing in a while, roster looks reasonable, and the back line has played as good as they have in many, many years.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You eat hairy man-ass.

You probably approve of the 'defense only' strategy the last 10+ minutes of the game. USA is damned lucky the 3rd world peasants didn't tie it up.

The last 10 minutes protecting a 2-1 lead? Fuck yes. You're a moron. Don't bother gracing the soccer forum with your idiocy again, okay?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't be disappointed with the showing this tournament regardless of the Semi outcome. Best showing in a while, roster looks reasonable, and the back line has played as good as they have in many, many years.

Back line has been my big issue since the WC. What a great line they look like now.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 10 minutes protecting a 2-1 lead? Fuck yes. You're a moron. Don't bother gracing the soccer forum with your idiocy again, okay?

Well, I'm here now for good. I live here now thanks to your sandy cun4.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hope Argentina (assuming they win) don't destroy us. I can live with losing 2-0 or 2-1 but 3-0/4-0 would have me livid

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win despite horseshit officiating (I'll get back to that).

Dempsey, Brooks, Guzan, Johnson, Wood - these guys came to play, our top level guys.

Zardes, Cameron, Bedoya, Besler - merely middling talent but played intelligent football. In what Zardes lacks in touch, he makes up for it effort. Besler played timid. Bedoya is not talented, but works hard. Cameron can be shaky, but held up.

Jones - could of been in top category and then fucks his team. You're a soccer player and will never be mistaken for a tough guy. Stupid. Two games in a row a US player is a fuckhead.

Bradley - awful. Just terrible. Ever since he left Italy his game has regressed. Horrendous turnovers and timid play.

The US won in spite of Jones' stupidity and Bradley's crap game.

This is a big picture (30+ year observation). FIFA officiating is inconsistent, emotional and hypocritical. The Jones red aside, S. American teams, European teams and elite teams are awarded for their grab ass, shoulder tugs and aggressive play. And the these teams dive like it's an art form and get away with it. Now, when the US plays aggressive it is said our lack of talent is being compensated for. It's horseshit. No respect. Ecuador hacked, tugged, grab assed their way through the entire game. Tired of the double standard.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome to get the win and the first half was really solid but damn if that 2nd half wasn't frustrating as hell. Bedoya and Jones with the really stupid cards so now they miss the next game and I hated the way we played. Got waaaaaay too conservative. We did a good job possessing the ball in the 1st half but even before 10 vs 10, we were content to let Ecuador get opportunity after opportunity. Quite frankly we're damn lucky they didn't tie. That's not good strategy. That's stupid play and we got fortunate. I'm not saying you attack attack attack. You can play defensively while still kicking the ball around to kill time. We were just like "deflection save! Here, have another try. Deflection save! Ok, here's the ball, try again Ecuador".

Doesn't really matter though in the long run. It's a great set of results for this tournament. It does suck to be without so many guys but we're not likely to beat Argentina anyway. 4th is a fantastic result and 3rd would be even better.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Argentina (assuming they win) don't destroy us. I can live with losing 2-0 or 2-1 but 3-0/4-0 would have me livid
Keep it within three goals and that is a successful showing. 3-0 is fine. They lay a 4-0 on you and that's disheartening. US can hopefully get a sniff or two on net and maybe a set piece goal? We should be happy if we keep them under 4 and get a set piece goal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it within three goals and that is a successful showing. 3-0 is fine. They lay a 4-0 on you and that's disheartening. US can hopefully ft a sniff or two on net and maybe a set piece goal? We should be happy if we keep them under 4 and get a set piece goal.

We can also just hope Venezuela park the bus on Saturday and sneak out a win in penalty kicks?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can also just hope Venezuela park the bus on Saturday and sneak out a win in penalty kicks?
Not happening. Argentina is the one team that you cannot bunker down on and hope for the best against. Messi or someone will break you down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win despite horseshit officiating (I'll get back to that).

Dempsey, Brooks, Guzan, Johnson, Wood - these guys came to play, our top level guys.

Zardes, Cameron, Bedoya, Besler - merely middling talent but played intelligent football. In what Zardes lacks in touch, he makes up for it effort. Besler played timid. Bedoya is not talented, but works hard. Cameron can be shaky, but held up.

Jones - could of been in top category and then fucks his team. You're a soccer player and will never be mistaken for a tough guy. Stupid. Two games in a row a US player is a fuckhead.

Bradley - awful. Just terrible. Ever since he left Italy his game has regressed. Horrendous turnovers and timid play.

The US won in spite of Jones' stupidity and Bradley's crap game.

This is a big picture (30+ year observation). FIFA officiating is inconsistent, emotional and hypocritical. The Jones red aside, S. American teams, European teams and elite teams are awarded for their grab ass, shoulder tugs and aggressive play. And the these teams dive like it's an art form and get away with it. Now, when the US plays aggressive it is said our lack of talent is being compensated for. It's horseshit. No respect. Ecuador hacked, tugged, grab assed their way through the entire game. Tired of the double standard.

One thing I gotta disagree with is your assessment of Bradley. He did a great job linking the defense to the midfield in moving the ball forward and played some beautiful balls in behind the defense, which is what he does best. He wasn't playing an attacking mid position.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it within three goals and that is a successful showing. 3-0 is fine. They lay a 4-0 on you and that's disheartening. US can hopefully get a sniff or two on net and maybe a set piece goal? We should be happy if we keep them under 4 and get a set piece goal.

I'm predicting 2-1 or 3-1.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll also say this. The USA was clearly the better side till the ref started fucking shit up. Ecuador was being completely outclassed till then.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll also say this. The USA was clearly the better side till the ref started fucking shit up. Ecuador was being completely outclassed till then.

No question about this. When it was 11 VS 11 we were much better

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question about this. When it was 11 VS 11 we were much better

Unfortunately we've lost 3 of our starting 11, including maybe the best player on the pitch last night (Wood) going into the semifinals. We're gonna have to get creative about how we attack Argentina without him. Yedlin and Johnson are going to have to be flying up the touch line all night and someone in the midfield is going to have to cover Yedlin's ass when he does.