• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is their interior defense that bad without him?
It can be better, especially in spots. That's why we got him. And paid him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But THAT, you believe? Now?
What timing by Riley.
He wasn't wrong then and he wasn't wrong this summer.
If he had, of all people, you would have been the one ripping him the most for overpaying Wade.

Like I said. He flip flops on everything. If we paid Wade the contract that he has, he'd rip Riley for it and talk about how he lost his touch. Notice that he hasn't said shit to Bulls fans about the signing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. He flip flops on everything. If we paid Wade the contract that he has, he'd rip Riley for it and talk about how he lost his touch. Notice that he hasn't said shit to Bulls fans about the signing.

As Pat said the time to probably give Wade a max was in 2014 when LeBron left. This year he did nothing wrong

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Pat said the time to probably give Wade a max was in 2014 when LeBron left. This year he did nothing wrong

I agree. And as I mentioned before, maybe Wade should take a look at his agent (who got Bosh that max deal in 14) and Lebron. I wouldn't have had any issue with Wade getting Bosh's deal. Albeit I would've wanted to keep it to 4 years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A basketball coach talking about politics doesn't apply.

Exactly. i don't get why he's trying to insist we talk politics on here? Have he seen the shitstorm the political forum is on a daily basis .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. i don't get why he's trying to insist we talk politics on here? Have he seen the shitstorm the political forum is on a daily basis .

It's a den of scum and villainy over there. On the rare occasions that I venture into that forum, I feel like I need a shower afterward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But THAT, you believe? Now?
What timing by Riley.
He wasn't wrong then and he wasn't wrong this summer.
If he had, of all people, you would have been the one ripping him the most for overpaying Wade.
"Riley told me before the game that, if he had to do it over again, in the summer of 2014, after LeBron James left and went back to Cleveland, we should have given Wade a max deal as well as Chris Bosh, as the team did," Aldridge said in a sideline report." Riley told me, 'That was wrong. I should have, we should have given him that. That's a big second-guess, but that's on me.'"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON DOMINATES ALL CATEGORIES
Since entering the NBA in 2003-04, LeBron James has posted a stat line of at least 25 points, 10 rebounds and five assists 130 times. That's 73 more games than the next closest player, Kevin Garnett (57), according to ESPN Stats & Info.

Friday, that individual accomplishment was LeBron James becoming the youngest player in NBA history to score 27,000 points, besting Kobe Bryant’s previous mark.

Not only did his teammates celebrate James, but they tricked him, leading the three-time champion to believe that Lue had reached a coaching feat they were about to recognize and then turning their attention toward James and dousing him from water bottles while they cheered for his scoring spree.

“I mean, that’s special. I don’t think that’s lost on any of us how special that is and how special a player LeBron is,” Love said. “It was definitely fun and it was definitely unexpected. I think he might have gotten all of his clothes wet and his phone wet. He said he was cool with it. But he got all his s--- wet.”

It did indeed soak James’ clothes, including a rare pair of suede Nike kicks that completed his postgame ensemble, but James simply soaked it all in.

“They got all my clothes wet and everything, but that’s my guys so it’s always great to be able to accomplish something with such a great group of guys,” James said.

There is an ease to the start of the season for the Cavs, as their record reflects.

to me- the amzing thing about that- is lebron is more of a passer than a scorer- and Kobe is a pure scorer- and LeBron took this record from him. Kobe ended his career with 640 assists. LeBron at age 31 already has 777.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, Lakers'll be on the front end of a back-to-back later against the Pelicans. i'll be interested in seeing how the kids handle it...

then the T-wolves tomorrow. personally i thought they'd be winning more than they are this season...

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, Lakers'll be on the front end of a back-to-back later against the Pelicans. i'll be interested in seeing how the kids handle it...

then the T-wolves tomorrow. personally i thought they'd be winning more than they are this season...
Pretty sweet back to back opponents actually.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Riley told me before the game that, if he had to do it over again, in the summer of 2014, after LeBron James left and went back to Cleveland, we should have given Wade a max deal as well as Chris Bosh, as the team did," Aldridge said in a sideline report." Riley told me, 'That was wrong. I should have, we should have given him that. That's a big second-guess, but that's on me.'"

Point is?
Yeah, I know he said it.
I'm saying I don't believe it.
What's he gonna say?
The alternative would have been something like this: 'Keeping Wade may possibly have gotten us an 8 seed, which would be worst case. Then we lose our lotto pick as well as cap space flexibility next summer'.

#truth

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also not in the business of comparing who have the best young core. Reason is it usually does not matter unless you're able to make a slam dunk in free agency or through a trade. That is usually what puts you over the top and turns you into a title contender.

Unless you draft Kevin durant, Russell Westbrook, James harden, serge ibaka, Jeff green. You can build through the draft

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you draft Kevin durant, Russell Westbrook, James harden, serge ibaka, Jeff green. You can build through the draft
or curry, klay, draymond.....

in Clevleand if LEBron did not decide to comeback they would have been looking at a core of Kyrie and Wiggins and tons of cap space and trade assets which would have been intriguing.

the point is- in todays NBA- building through free agency usually is fools gold....because, especially with the new CBA and the new rules have strong incentives to stay put. And- if you look even further back- when certain teams had advantages because of market, media access, etc. its even more different...20 years ago in order to have a national following you had to play in certain places. Even 7-8 years ago when Dwight was at his peak in Orlando the NBA's 2 most marketable players were in Cleveland and Orlando.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or curry, klay, draymond.....

in Clevleand if LEBron did not decide to comeback they would have been looking at a core of Kyrie and Wiggins and tons of cap space and trade assets which would have been intriguing.

the point is- in todays NBA- building through free agency usually is fools gold....because, especially with the new CBA and the new rules have strong incentives to stay put. And- if you look even further back- when certain teams had advantages because of market, media access, etc. its even more different...20 years ago in order to have a national following you had to play in certain places. Even 7-8 years ago when Dwight was at his peak in Orlando the NBA's 2 most marketable players were in Cleveland and Orlando.

How many teams have had success building strictly through the draft in the last 6 or 7 years? You need a mixture of both. Draft well and also do well in free agency. The Warriors are the only team who comes to mind

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams have had success building strictly through the draft in the last 6 or 7 years? You need a mixture of both. Draft well and also do well in free agency. The Warriors are the only team who comes to mind
oh yah absolutely. the Sixers have tons of cap space. ill guarantee you they jump into the market next year big time- and def. overpay- but they have so many young guys on cheap deals that they can sign 2-3 solid guys and continue to build around their lottery studs- which ones work out anyway.

its just hard to rely on free agency- look at cuban in dallas- he has been trying to get a big time guy in free agency for years.....even when houston got dwight howard he wasnt the answer to their prayers that they thought he was. Durant of course is an exception- but it took a historic cap jump for him to move.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah absolutely. the Sixers have tons of cap space. ill guarantee you they jump into the market next year big time- and def. overpay- but they have so many young guys on cheap deals that they can sign 2-3 solid guys and continue to build around their lottery studs- which ones work out anyway.

its just hard to rely on free agency- look at cuban in dallas- he has been trying to get a big time guy in free agency for years.....even when houston got dwight howard he wasnt the answer to their prayers that they thought he was. Durant of course is an exception- but it took a historic cap jump for him to move.

Point is very few teams are successful in this league trying to rebuild strictly through the draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Windy with Brian Windhorst - ESPN

great podcast with Windy....

saying how the Cavs are finally playing the perfect style of basketball for LEBron- and how LEBron loves not being the leading scorer and just distributing and letting the guys do some of that heavy lifting. LeBron loves being that main trigger man-- like Windy is saying- that is when LeBron is at his absolute best.

LeBron is at 23 pts, 9.3 assists and 9 boards a game right now. that is fucking bonkers/ Kyrie is at almost 24 points a game. Love at 21 points a game

they just look so comfortable. Lue has a great system where Love is being used SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than under Blatt.

its been a fun team to watch thus far so early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.